Best of: Disintegration

Started by dsanchez, January 19, 2006, 17:45:26

Previous topic - Next topic

which is your favourite song in this album?

Plainsong
22 (19%)
Pictures Of You
10 (8.6%)
Closedown
2 (1.7%)
Love Song
2 (1.7%)
Last Dance
6 (5.2%)
Lullaby
3 (2.6%)
Fascination Street
6 (5.2%)
Prayers For Rain
10 (8.6%)
The Same Deep Water As Yo
19 (16.4%)
Disintegration
23 (19.8%)
Homesick
7 (6%)
Untitled
6 (5.2%)

Total Members Voted: 99

flowersinyourmouth

It has to be Disintegration  :o Genius song and I love all the layers and the fact Robert speaks at the begining and a little bit through the song but you have to really turn it up to catch it! I love all that secret bits and the formation of the song....and after all these years I can't get bored of playing it! :)  :smth020
Flowers in your mouth and the same dry song
The routine from laughter land

SidneyCure

I voted for Pictures of You but it's so bloody hard to make my mind up. Plainsong? Untitled? the title track? Lullaby?
Misjudged your limits
Pushed you too far
Took you for granted
I thought that you needed me more
'Boys Don't Cry' is my favourite Cure song but it doesn't mean I'm not a hardcore fan. Disintegration is my favourite LP! The Cure are my favourite band!

Plainman

Last dance. I think it's a classy composition and is a perfect balance between pop Cure and morose Cure obviously it's more the latter than the former.

in bed amongst the stones

This was hard, but Plainsong, followed closely by Lovesong, Pictures of You, Closedown, and Last Dance.
Pushing her white face into the mirror...

Violator

The title track; unrelenting in its instrumentation and despair. My all-time favorite Cure song

Szigi

01 Pictures Of You (it makes me smile and cry at the same time... just simply amazing. Show version even better)
02 Fascination Street (hard, drifting sound, and the lyrics is... trip to the wonderland).
03 Plainsong (great, monumental music, and scared and wounded lyrics... absolutely fantastic. What a great opener.)

MeltingMan

The pinnacle album...

01 The title track (the words, the keyboard, the noise of a smashing object, a masterpiece)
02 Prayers For Rain (a good concert opener, not only for bad weather)  ;)
03 Untitled (a rare live track, shame)
En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)

Quadpus72

Only 2 votes for Closedown? It's like the essence of The Cure. And the obsession with SDWAY I don't get--it's beautiful and appropriate in the context of the record, but on its own it's not an interesting or impressive song.

Spock93

01 Homesick
02 Fascination Street
03 Prayers For Rain/The Same Deep Water As You
04 Lovesong/Last Dance

PearlThompsonsBloodflower

Fascination Street
Pictures Of You
Lovesong

dsanchez

Not sure if I ever mentioned this, but the first time I heard 'Lullaby' (didn't know it was The Cure) I thought it was some woman singing the song...
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo