December 07, 2021, 01:22:25

Where do you live?

Started by dsanchez, January 11, 2006, 16:39:27

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Where are you from?

Europe
77 (65.3%)
North America
29 (24.6%)
Central America
0 (0%)
South America
8 (6.8%)
Asia
0 (0%)
Africa
0 (0%)
Oceania
4 (3.4%)

Total Members Voted: 95

disintegrated_dreamscapes


I live in Tasmania, Australia. I don't know anyone else who is a fan here... A couple of people are familiar with say, 1 or 2 of their songs but... nobody who is a real fan.

My name is Brendan, I am 20, living in Hobart. I try to play bass. I'm also trying to collect all of the albums by the Cure. Also looking for vinyls, but I know they'll be hard to come by, particularly down here!

Looks like a good forum, glad to join :) unfortunately I wont be making the melbourne show due to work commitments, which sucks but hey, maybe by the time im 40 and robert smith is on a walking frame, there may be another show?

Here's hoping!

kissingcrimson

Brendo87? Welcome glad you made it!
'I'm in a carefully careless mess'

Janko

AH, TASMANIA...
I'S LOVE TO VISIT THE COUNTRY!

IT HAS THAT 'END  OF THE WORLD' AURA...

:smth023
Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

~*CherryRed*~

Quote from: disintegrated_dreamscapes on July 04, 2007, 02:45:47

I live in Tasmania, Australia. I don't know anyone else who is a fan here... A couple of people are familiar with say, 1 or 2 of their songs but... nobody who is a real fan.

My name is Brendan, I am 20, living in Hobart. I try to play bass. I'm also trying to collect all of the albums by the Cure. Also looking for vinyls, but I know they'll be hard to come by, particularly down here!

Looks like a good forum, glad to join :) unfortunately I wont be making the melbourne show due to work commitments, which sucks but hey, maybe by the time im 40 and robert smith is on a walking frame, there may be another show?

Here's hoping!




HA! did you see my post before yours? How weird! 2 Tasmanian's posting after one another!! I live near Devonport matey! And if your ever in my neck of the woods I would love to share a pint or two with you... I'm 33 going on 19! And I'm learning to play guitar too! acoustic, but it's a start! If you do ever come here we have gigs on every Friday night basically in Devonport, and I'm pushing to have a 'punk' DJing night with the bands too, although I will expand the music into other areas like Ska etc... so I should say alternative music night!! I will naturally slip The Cure in! There does seem to be a little scene staring here, which is great as I come from the Gold Coast originally (where the alterno' scene is massive nowadays!) So if you do ever feel like meeting up - excellent! (as Mr Burns would say!!) Hope to hear from you soon! Btw I'm Eli, my email is smellyeli73@hotmail.com if you do wanna get in touch!  :-D
"prone to flights of whimsy"

Gothfiend

Living in Auckland New Zealand (for time being) and it mostly sux for shows.  Although they have fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinaly got their asses into gear and built a half-decent stadium (still some acoustic probs Ive heard though).  Hopefully this wont be too much of a problem in a few weeks!!  :?   

silversand

I live in the South of Germany. The next city from the location where i live is Munich.

lovecat

I live in Pécs, Hungary, Europe

japanesebaby

really?
Quote from: Gothfiend on July 22, 2007, 07:52:32
Living in Auckland New Zealand (for time being) and it mostly sux for shows.  Although they have fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinaly got their asses into gear and built a half-decent stadium (still some acoustic probs Ive heard though).  Hopefully this wont be too much of a problem in a few weeks!!  :?   


anyway, this reminded me: yesterday i met a friend i hadn't seen for quite while, he's also a big cure-fan although not a member here. he told me he's going to spend 5 months in new zealand soon. i was just thinking, that's pretty long way, from finland to new zealand - probably quite exactly on the opposite side of the world.
and quite nice i suppose: because if one leaves from here to there in september, then one gets to enjoy one pretty long nice summer there! :shock:

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Miladojka Youneed

I'm a Serbian lad living in Serbia! I'm from Novi Pazar, but living in Novi Sad, because of my studies.
For always and ever it's always for you...

http://cure.mojblog.co.yu

~*CherryRed*~

Wow.. this is just amazing! The Cure really are an international band! Welcome to everyone, this forum is really really brilliant! I've already met two wonderful ladies through this forum - and I hope to meet some more in the future!! The Cure are just fan-bloody-tastic are they not!!
"prone to flights of whimsy"

Carnage Visor

They're the best band in the world, IMO!
Is that Tim Pope in your signature picture? Behind Robert I mean...

caithness

I am from Scotland , but now in the USA.

~*CherryRed*~

Quote from: Carnage Visor on August 19, 2007, 16:41:36
They're the best band in the world, IMO!
Is that Tim Pope in your signature picture? Behind Robert I mean...


Yep that is the mad genius behind the majority of The Cure's video's... Have a look at his website www.timpope.tv He's worked with LOADS of people!
"prone to flights of whimsy"

Siouxsie_

I live in Brisbane, Australia.

~*CherryRed*~

Quote from: Siouxsie_ on August 22, 2007, 20:34:14
I live in Brisbane, Australia.


LOL BrisVegas... I was on the Gold Coast around 2/3 years ago now... I used to love the Railway Hotel for gigs, but I think it's gone now? Or been done up or something anyway!
"prone to flights of whimsy"