Converting FLAC to mp3 - How to play FLAC files

Started by Cure, September 29, 2006, 09:11:58

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Cure

September 29, 2006, 09:11:58 Last Edit: October 13, 2006, 18:06:11 by dsanchez
how can we do that?
i can't play the flac files i have..
pls,
help

xxx
floating here like this with you
underneath the stars
alight for 13 billion years
the view is beautiful
and ours alone tonight
underneath the stars

lostflower4

Get the basic FLAC plugin here:

http://flac.sourceforge.net/download.html


This should allow you to play FLAC with Winamp and other programs(?)  I don't know, I've been using Winamp since 1997. I don't know anything else. :?

You can also burn FLAC files to CD as described here:

http://www.curefans.com/index.php/topic,137.0.html

Tof

Please don't convert the FLAC show to MP3 !!!!
Tof

cult_hero

Quote from: Tof on September 29, 2006, 10:43:03
Please don't convert the FLAC show to MP3 !!!!


he can do with the flacs whatever he wants, no? maybe he wants to transfer them on an mp3-player?  ;)

Darth Blood

Quote from: cult_hero on September 29, 2006, 15:16:49
Quote from: Tof on September 29, 2006, 10:43:03
Please don't convert the FLAC show to MP3 !!!!


he can do with the flacs whatever he wants, no? maybe he wants to transfer them on an mp3-player?  ;)



I guess Tof means do not share FLAC concerts converted to MP3... an yeah he can do anything with his flacs... but... the concert shared in flac should no be cpnverted to MP3 to share...

:rocker
Darth Blood

Tof

Yes he can convert the show if he want to listen it on his MP3 player !!!

But not to share it somewhere else !!!
Tof

dsanchez

I think the person who started this topic is SHE and not HE.

A very beautiful greek girl, indeed.  :smth053

Cheers

David.

Quote from: Tof on September 29, 2006, 16:43:04
Yes he can convert the show if he want to listen it on his MP3 player !!!

But not to share it somewhere else !!!
2019.06.08 Dublin
2019.07.04 Novi Sad
2019.07.17 Athens

Darth Blood

Quote from: dsanchez on September 29, 2006, 17:02:14
I think the person who started this topic is SHE and not HE.

A very beautiful greek girl, indeed.  :smth053

Cheers

David.

Quote from: Tof on September 29, 2006, 16:43:04
Yes he can convert the show if he want to listen it on his MP3 player !!!

But not to share it somewhere else !!!



Oooooppppsss!!! Sorry!!!  :P
Darth Blood

Cure

haha

yeah, i am a SHE..

well i want 2 convert my flac files 2 mp3 bcuz i don't like them..  i don't know y..
i just prefer mp3s
& so does my winamp ;)

thanx 4 the help guys !!!!!
floating here like this with you
underneath the stars
alight for 13 billion years
the view is beautiful
and ours alone tonight
underneath the stars

riseandreverberate

Your Winamp can play Flac files if you install this plug-in for it http://www.winamp.com/plugins/details.php?id=131643

If you still want to convert your Flac files (To save on HDD space possibly?) then the OGG format tends to sound better then mp3 and are about the same size file. dBpowerAMP is good for converting one format to another http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm

Hope this helps ;)

crowbi_wan

Quote from: riseandreverberate on October 01, 2006, 17:49:51
Your Winamp can play Flac files if you install this plug-in for it http://www.winamp.com/plugins/details.php?id=131643

(To save on HDD space possibly?)


If space is the issue, I would suggest burning your flac files to DVD.  If you want to listen to the recording in mp3 go for it.  But popping in a DVD with 5 or so shows and playing it with winamp is the shit  :smth023