No more mp3 shows from tomorrow

Started by dsanchez, October 31, 2006, 15:37:10

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think about the decision taken by Curefans.com?

Great, we don't need the mp3 garbage anymore
13 (14.3%)
Great, there are enough mp3 shows in this forum (thousands)
6 (6.6%)
Cool, it will stop some people from just using the forum just to grab shows
1 (1.1%)
Great, FLAC or other lossless format will keep the quality of our Cure shows
18 (19.8%)
Bad, cause there are still some people who like mp3
47 (51.6%)
I don't care. FLAC or MP3, it's the same stuff to me
6 (6.6%)

Total Members Voted: 90

temptation-cure

Quote from: Darth Blood on October 31, 2006, 20:35:17
ya que entiendo el punto de que no todos los shows estan disponibles en flac que creo que la idea es llegar a ese punto...

saludos

:rocker

Si bueno ,,es cierto muchos shows no estan disponibles en flac Lástima pero haber como
nos ira con los flacs je'''
salu2
Oh that boy is a slag the best u ever had , the best u ever had is just a memory and those dreams but weren't daft as they seem , not as daft as they seem..oh my love when u dreamed them up..oh flo where did u go .. oww ohh(F.A)
-----------------------------------

http://temptation-cure.galeon.com

dsanchez

Yo creo que si hablamos de buena calidad, entonces habría que dejar de lado los mp3. Por otro lado, hay más de 6000 conciertos publicados en mp3 y personalmente no veo razón alguna para seguir en lo mismo. Es probable que el concierto "X" que alguien quiera publicar en mp3 ya haya sido subido.

La facilidad -por ser archivos pequeños- de los mp3, hace que muchas personas vengan al foro para bajar sus conciertos e irse. Con los FLAC pretendemos dejar de lado un poco eso del "subir y descargar" y promover, de cierta forma, la discusión en los otros foros.

Lo de la cantidad de posts es algo que también había sugerido al "Staff", pero no prosperó. Sin embargo, quizás se considere a futuro.

Saludos,

David.

Quote from: Darth Blood on October 31, 2006, 20:35:17
DAVID;

Segun entiendo esta medida no solo espara ocnservar la calidad de las grabaciones, si no tambien para que los miembros participen mas en las diversas discusiones, no se podria dejar una seccion de mp3 de buena calidad digamos 254 o 320 hacia arriba pero un poco como lo planteaba en un post anteriro, que solo los que consigan cierta cantidad de posteos a partir de entonces puedan tanto subir como bajar shows... esto puede aplicar tanto en Flac como en mp3... es solo una idea, ya que entiendo el punto de que no todos los shows estan disponibles en flac que creo que la idea es llegar a ese punto...

saludos

:rocker
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

lostflower4

Quote from: dsanchez on October 31, 2006, 20:54:42Yo creo que si hablamos de buena calidad, entonces habría que dejar de lado los mp3. Por otro lado, hay más de 6000 conciertos publicados en mp3 y personalmente no veo razón alguna para seguir en lo mismo. Es probable que el concierto "X" que alguien quiera publicar en mp3 ya haya sido subido.

Yo convengo. :smth023

japanesebaby

ja aika mielenkiintoisia kieliuudistuksia näkyy myös sisältyvän näihin ämpeekolmos-hautajaisiin myös...?
:smth023 :roll:
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Strunz4

Hi,

I´m with all of you, who would prefer FLAC or other lossless formats,if the source is ok and the recording worth of it.If not,the recording is just for "hunters and collectors " not for people who try to breathe the atmosphere of a great concert.

Tom     

Roan

I Think it's a sad day...I prefair also good quality shows but I think and a lot of people with me that you also can share good mp3 shows.If a show sounds good it makes no different if it is in mp3 , flac  or whatever ...but that's mine opinion.
It is easier for me to upload mp3 than flac because I have everything in mp3 and flac version is not my thing.
Is it maybe a good idea to make two topics like ceho have..one for mp3 and one for Flac etc,etc.

cold as ice

dsanchez

Not reason to be sad. There are thousands of mp3 shows left here. In the other side, we have just a hundred of FLAC shows.

I want to point, again, that the main focus in this forum is the discussion, and that NO-ONE is obligated to upload shows. Indeed we like more when people discuss, open new topics, etc.

Cheers.

David.

Quote from: Roan on October 31, 2006, 21:40:30
I Think it's a sad day...I prefair also good quality shows but I think and a lot of people with me that you also can share good mp3 shows.If a show sounds good it makes no different if it is in mp3 , flac  or whatever ...but that's mine opinion.
It is easier for me to upload mp3 than flac because I have everything in mp3 and flac version is not my thing.
Is it maybe a good idea to make two topics like ceho have..one for mp3 and one for Flac etc,etc.

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

No "hunters of collectors" (like this freak http://www.geocities.com/momentinblack/) are allowed here. We will go on sharing, but with quality over quantity  :smth023

David.

Quote from: Strunz4 on October 31, 2006, 21:18:20
Hi,

I´m with all of you, who would prefer FLAC or other lossless formats,if the source is ok and the recording worth of it.If not,the recording is just for "hunters and collectors " not for people who try to breathe the atmosphere of a great concert.

Tom     
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

blue

and follow me to where the real fun is

Closedown_

Great, we don't need the mp3 garbage anymore !  :-D
This is just my point of view of course...

It's very easy to use "FLAC Frontend" for encoding or decoding songs.
And it's free !

j

Quote from: dsanchez on October 31, 2006, 22:05:18
No "hunters of collectors" (like this freak http://www.geocities.com/momentinblack/) are allowed here. We will go on sharing, but with quality over quantity  :smth023

David.

Good call David!!!  "No Trades + No Updates = No Bullshit". 

dsanchez

Quote from: j on October 31, 2006, 22:56:36
Quote from: dsanchez on October 31, 2006, 22:05:18

David.

Good call David!!!  "No Trades + No Updates = No Bullshit". 

Yes. That's the most stupid page I've ever seen  :). Hope no-one of use will arrive to this point of freak.

Cheers,

David.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Cure

what the f*ck is this site??
stupid!!!
[b]floating here like this with you
underneath the stars
alight for 13 billion years
the view is beautiful
and ours alone tonight
underneath the stars
[/b]

blue

No doubt, that quality of flac is much better than mp3. People who don't see differents just try listen same show in mp3 and next in flac format. Then you understand.
I could share some hundreds of cure shows in flac and shn and a lot of dvd's as well, but in my opinion sharing by megaupload makes no sense. Uploading for example 700 mb takes to much time, usually some hours. Anyway I have no own web site, where I could share. So I use 2 kinds of  sharing (and downloading too). First - hub by DC++ (dc.bootlegarchive.com) and second cure torent tracker (PPTT).
Users on bootlegarchive share all of the music in high quality (flac, shn, ape), non official of course, including a lot of cure shows. If you want to check it, just register on http://www.bootlegarchive.com/. Also most of us know cure torrent tracker. Members of PPTT share only lossles cure shows.
Regards
and follow me to where the real fun is

Cure

Quote from: blue on November 01, 2006, 11:09:48
No doubt, that quality of flac is much better than mp3. People who don't see differents just try listen same show in mp3 and next in flac format. Then you understand.
I could share some hundreds of cure shows in flac and shn and a lot of dvd's as well, but in my opinion sharing by megaupload makes no sense. Uploading for example 700 mb takes to much time, usually some hours. Anyway I have no own web site, where I could share. So I use 2 kinds of  sharing (and downloading too). First - hub by DC++ (dc.bootlegarchive.com) and second cure torent tracker (PPTT).
Users on bootlegarchive share all of the music in high quality (flac, shn, ape), non official of course, including a lot of cure shows. If you want to check it, just register on http://www.bootlegarchive.com/. Also most of us know cure torrent tracker. Members of PPTT share only lossles cure shows.
Regards

i went 2 the site, tried 2 register & saw some questions i have 2 answer..
what's that?
& can i only share bootlegs vis dc++ ??
[b]floating here like this with you
underneath the stars
alight for 13 billion years
the view is beautiful
and ours alone tonight
underneath the stars
[/b]