2013.04.09 Asuncion - Jockey Club (Paraguay)

Started by dsanchez, January 28, 2013, 16:34:42

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

dsanchez

Quote from: dsanchez on April 08, 2013, 07:03:35
Some The Cure's belongings were stolen at the airport in Sao Paulo :(

Our contact in Asuncion, Leti, who spoke with The Cure's security guy, just told us that belongings were not stolen at the airport in SP but that actually Robert was assaulted with gun (some guys in a motorcycle) :( Hopefully, he's safe now at his hotel in Asuncion...
2019.06.08 Dublin
2019.07.04 Novi Sad
2019.07.17 Athens

MintQR

..."some guys on a motorcycle" ? Wow, this sounds crazy. I wonder whether it was a completely random thing... Where did this happen anyways? I don't imagine it happening at the airport?!!  :smth011

Oh - Craig at chain of flowers - just posted that all these rumours are false... Stupid internet rumours! arrgghhh!

dsanchez

Quote from: MintQR on April 08, 2013, 11:13:55
Oh - Craig at chain of flowers - just posted that all these rumours are false... Stupid internet rumours! arrgghhh!

the info was given by two different persons in Asuncion who spoke with The Cure's security there. I don't know if Craig is in Asuncion, but unless these persons change their comments or The Cure's security just played a bad joke (why they would do that?) then it seems something definitely happened in SP.
2019.06.08 Dublin
2019.07.04 Novi Sad
2019.07.17 Athens

rgtschope

They are probably false rumours indeed. Security guys in Brazil can´t be trusted and they tell wide tales just because... Not the first time these kind of rumours spread because of one or another security guard trying to get their 15 minutes of fame.

Craig is way more believable than the security guard, trust me.

dsanchez

Quote from: rgtschope on April 08, 2013, 17:58:44
They are probably false rumours indeed. Security guys in Brazil can´t be trusted and they tell wide tales just because... Not the first time these kind of rumours spread because of one or another security guard trying to get their 15 minutes of fame.

the girl was speaking to a security of The Cure in Asuncion (upon arrival), not in Brazil.
2019.06.08 Dublin
2019.07.04 Novi Sad
2019.07.17 Athens

rgtschope

Ahhh... I see an information that was lost in translation... Assault, in english, is beating a person with criminal intent... When you say that you´ve assaulted a person with a gun it means you beated that person with a gun and then robbed her. What happened is a robbery. Some people tried (don´t now if they managed) to rob or mug the band.

Assault is similar to the word Assalto, a portuguese word that means robbery... I believe the word is quite similar to the one in castellaño also, but I really don´t know.

dsanchez

Quote from: rgtschope on April 08, 2013, 23:21:50
Ahhh... I see an information that was lost in translation... Assault, in english, is beating a person with criminal intent... When you say that you´ve assaulted a person with a gun it means you beated that person with a gun and then robbed her. What happened is a robbery. Some people tried (don´t now if they managed) to rob or mug the band.

Assault is similar to the word Assalto, a portuguese word that means robbery... I believe the word is quite similar to the one in castellaño also, but I really don´t know.

sorry if i wasn't clear. yes, robbery. that was reported by fans in Paraguay who spoke with The Cure's security in Asuncion.

but aside from this incident, it looks like Sao Paulo is the highlight of the tour so far. let's hope all the remaining gigs are at least the same!
2019.06.08 Dublin
2019.07.04 Novi Sad
2019.07.17 Athens

dsanchez

2019.06.08 Dublin
2019.07.04 Novi Sad
2019.07.17 Athens

MintQR

Thanks for explaining the "lost in translation" bit rgtschope :) My castellano is really bad these days :(

These press conference close-ups are a bit terrifying  :? I'd rather watch them in concert, dimmed light etc. Oh how the time flies...

BTW - Robert's birthday (and mine for that matter) is approaching :) I wonder if the Latin fans have prepared something extra special for him.

dsanchez

Just an update on the SP incident.

Fans have confirmed they were given this info directly from Robert's own security. This is 100% confirmed by different sources.

However, Robert has said the incident is not true (check the press conference video, minute 09:30 - thanks Jackie Foyain)

The Cure en Paraguay - Conferencia de prensa 2-4 Redes sociales/Social media

So this lead us to think that this was either a bad joke from Robert's personal security or an attempt to get the fans away from the band (by saying something like this happened in SP, they would justify the band's wish to have no contact with anyone in Asuncion - specially after such incident)

Either way, this misinformation of the band's security was not cool at all  :smth011 I mean, if we get info directly from someone close to the band why we shouldn't believe it?
2019.06.08 Dublin
2019.07.04 Novi Sad
2019.07.17 Athens

Ulrich

Quote from: dsanchez on April 09, 2013, 18:23:07
Either way, this misinformation of the band's security was not cool at all  :smth011 I mean, if we get info directly from someone close to the band why we shouldn't believe it?

Found on chainofflowers:
QuoteAddressing the ugly situation that happened a couple of days ago in Brasil. Roger says it's in the past. Robert confirms he wasn't there. It was Simon, Roger & Jason. Roger said it wasn't an assault. It was an attempt to steal from them. Also said it did not color their opinion or love for Brasil. Robert said it happened on the trip from Rio to Sao Paulo, but he and Reeves were on a bus, separate from the others. Robert says it was a very colorful incident, to which Roger laughingly replied "It's very colorful."
http://craigjparker.blogspot.de/2013/04/cure-press-conference-today-in-paraguay.html
A day without substance, a change of thought
The atmosphere rots with time

jakso

i am happy for Pornography encore and Charlotte Sometimes in the main set!!! Charlotte...looks like it is part of every show..great!

dsanchez

Quote from: Ulrich on April 10, 2013, 09:57:51
Roger said it wasn't an assault. It was an attempt to steal from them.

OK, so something happened there in the end.
2019.06.08 Dublin
2019.07.04 Novi Sad
2019.07.17 Athens

dsanchez

2019.06.08 Dublin
2019.07.04 Novi Sad
2019.07.17 Athens

anducure

Hello, Hola! como les va?
Una pregunta, no hay algún audio completo de asuncion? Solo el de los 9 o 10 temas de la radio? Muchas gracias.