Are you a Curefans.com addicted?

Started by dsanchez, September 18, 2007, 02:01:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Poe

Quote from: scatcat on May 20, 2008, 16:57:25
maybe hero ... a cupboard thrown over a cliff with a few antagonist friends.. , or a padded cell pinned with brightly 'dancing' socks..!?? ;)

...or getting swallowed by a giant muppet spider (sofa cushions), and sit around in its belly (dark, padded room) discussing favorite line-ups...but hey! This isn't really helping us with our "problems", now is it?...
[i]Betty said she prayed today
For the sky to blow away...[/i]

Poe

By the way, speaking of addiction, I've heard somewhere that Cure fans are supposed to be some of the most devoted, as well as obsessive, fans in rock/pop history, something like that...okay, maybe they were exaggerating just a teeny tiny bit, and I'm sure a lot of big bands would beg to differ and boast with their devoted fanbase, but speaking as a Cureaholic, well, what can I say...

There was a time when pretty much everything I did every day had something to do with The Cure, whether it was reading an interview or looking up songs, and I've never been passionate to the point of obsession when it comes to a band before, in all my relatively short existence...Sometimes I ask myself "what IS it about The Cure, really, it's just a band!", and then the little voice in my head whispers "sssh, A Forest from Japan 84 is on, just be quiet and feel that bassline", and then, in an instant, I remember everything...

Hero

Hahaha! I really do need therapy now!

Poe~ i'm really not surprised to hear that cure fans are some of the most devoted. I'm sure Robert said once that they are a band that makes music for obsessives. I think he said that... I can't tell what's real anymore!
I am obsessed in a similar way... :roll:
Is it also true that many cure devotees are slighty unstable or is that just me!? :-D

Poe

Quote from: Hero on May 21, 2008, 20:02:54
Is it also true that many cure devotees are slighty unstable or is that just me!? :-D

Who isn't a little unstable, ey?
I guess if you're of the "alternative" persuasion, you know, and a bit of an outsider - things The Cure stand for surely - you're bound to be (thought of as) a little "unstable". Sensitive natures like many Cure fans are, I suppose, tend to be a little, well, twisted, or at least somewhat attracted to the idea. It's the "stable" people you should be wary of though...  :smth064;)

Anyhow, I found A quote, probably not THE quote (that I was thinking of), from Never Enough about Cure devotees:

"No one can lay claim to the same evangelical level of adulation from their devotees as The Cure."
(p. 298)

:-D

By the way, I'm expressing myself through smilies, how much higher does that take me on the curefans.com addiction meter?

coxoxi

I think now I can say, I became addictive  :smth033
People are great here  :D

wish-man

Yeah, since 2 weeks on this forum, maybe from start of summer i can say tht I am "curefans.com addicted"  :-D and now I think this is the best forum ever! (and I am not toady!  ;) :roll:)
and the way the rain comes down thats how I feel inside...

Trust...

Yes, I must see it as the truth  :oops: I'm addicted.
But what's wrong with it, I like to be here, I like the curefans-members, there's always here somebody.

I told my husband ones "you are reading your newspaper everyday , ... so curefans.com is my daily newspaper  :lol:"

And now he knows that I'm doing nothing wrong whit this  :smth023
Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x

alwaysprayingforRAIN

Quote from: Trust... on June 13, 2009, 15:52:58
Yes, I must see it as the truth  :oops: I'm addicted.
But what's wrong with it, I like to be here, I like the curefans-members, there's always here somebody.

I told my husband ones "you are reading your newspaper everyday , ... so curefans.com is my daily newspaper  :lol:"

And now he knows that I'm doing nothing wrong whit this  :smth023

:D
this is a lot better than some forums I've seen!!!  :oops:
people here tend to think before they write something  ;)
Say hello on a day like today
Say it every time you move
The way that you look at me now
Makes me wish i was you