Robert Smith criticizes The Guardian's review about the RAH Teenage Cancer Shows

Started by dsanchez, April 01, 2014, 11:37:00

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

Quote from: cheyler on October 15, 2014, 18:51:34Can't imagine another world tour like 2007-2008, no matter what the rumors are.  Would like to see more than summer festivals on the itinerary however...

well they did last year the LatAm Tour which was pretty big, and they have been to Asia, US, etc. afterwards. I can imagine the band doing a final worldwide tour. I am not sure if they will ever release another album, but I think at this point it's not important anymore.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Ulrich

Quote from: dsanchez on October 18, 2014, 00:44:46
Thanks :oops: however I would mention Ulrich, as well :smth023 He has been doing a great job here and has been more active than me in this year - Slowdive reunited this year and they have my priority until The Cure goes back on tour :P

Thank you, but even I have been inactive for a while, because nothing happened here or in Cure world...

Quote from: dsanchez on October 18, 2014, 00:49:26
I am not sure if they will ever release another album, but I think at this point it's not important anymore.

It's not high on the priority list for the band at the moment, it seems. BUT, for many fans it would be important. I would love a new album! Especially with a new guitarist, it would make sense to show how this line-up sounds in the studio.
I think Robert needs to have written enough songs he feels are good enough, to record an album. Until then, we'll have to wait...
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

MeltingMan

Quote from: dsanchez on October 18, 2014, 00:44:46listen the latest work of 65DOS (they supported The Cure in their 2008 4Tour), it's amazing (and way better anything The Cure has produced in the last decade)
Thanks for the mention.I quite agree with you. :smth023
En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)

MintQR

Quote from: dsanchez link=topic=7869.msg5886
i can't agree with you on this one. there's some fine music being produced these days. just to cite an example, listen the latest work of 65DOS (they supported The Cure in their 2008 4Tour), it's amazing (and way better anything The Cure has produced in the last decade)

- thanks for the tip :) I'll  listen to them and see what I think :)

-- and as for the credit goes, I think I should probably mention more people, but I'm afraid I could miss someone out and offend them.... Generally, all you guys are great and I love you for being here :) I know I, myself am hardly here at all but... it's good to know that I can always come back, read and write and just hang out....

sammyh000

who cares if they never played again.. they have given us thirty odd year of sheer magic.. robert has nothing to answer for. the cure forever..

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo