The Cure - Secret 7" Friday I'm In Love - Designed and signed by Robert Smith

Started by dsanchez, April 23, 2012, 11:26:12

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

Current bid: £1,000.00

Update: do NOT bid for this item. Read the next comment.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cure-SECRET-7-DESIGNED-SIGNED-ROBERT-SMITH-Friday-Im-Love-/350559370775?pt=UK_Records&hash=item519ef77e17#ht_734wt_1270

The Cure
Friday I'm In Love - Secret 7" release
Unique one-off sleeve designed by Robert Smith, numbered 1/1
Insert signed and titled by Robert Smith (he quite naturally states his ocupation as 'Singer!' on the insert)
Also included are the associated press release and promotional postcard.

The package, vinyl and signed insert are in mint condition.
In April 2012 the Idea Generation gallery in Shoreditch, London exhibited around 700 unique seven-inch sleeves inspired by tracks from The Cure, Florence + The Machine, Bombay Bicycle Club, CSS, DJ Shadow, Noah & The Whale and Ben Howard. The exhibition had an added air of mystery as no-one knew who designed each sleeve, or which of track was housed inside.

Sleeves were also designed by the various musicians involved, and on offer here is the sleeve designed by Robert Smith of The Cure, together with the one-sided single 'Friday I'm In Love'.

Secret 7s was an event asociated with Record Store Day 2012. Further information is at http://www.secret-7.com
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

Robert update: do NOT bid for this item!

http://www.thecure.com/blog/default.aspx?nid=38233

QuoteMY SLEEVE WAS PUT UP ON EBAY THE DAY IT WAS BOUGHT...

(...)

MY ADVICE?
DONT BOTHER BIDDING ON THIS ITEM
AS IN THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS ON EBAY YOU WILL UNDOUBTEDLY FIND...
SEVEN MORE RS 'FRIDAY I'M IN LOVE' SECRET 7 SLEEVES/VINYL
ALL SIGNED
ALL WITH DIFFERENT HANDWRITTEN LINES FROM THE SONG
AND ALL AUCTIONED WITH EVERY PENNY GOING TO THE TEENAGE CANCER TRUST

FULL DETAILS HERE TOMORROW

ONWARDS...
RSX
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Trust...

New Update:

SECRET 7" UPDATE - 27TH APRIL

THE UPSHOT IS THIS:

The listing will be taken down and relisted - with 50% going to Teenage Cancer Trust, and the remaining 50% split between charities of the sellers choice - all of this overseen by Missionfish who look after charity listings on eBay.

After the update made to thecure.com News page (and assuming you still feel strongly about giving the fans an opportunity to bid for something that can benefit the charity) can I suggest you sign the test pressings and we auction those?

SO...
I WILL SIGN THE FIVE (I THINK THERE ARE FIVE?) VINYL 7" TEST PRESSINGS THAT WERE MADE FOR THE SECRET 7 CAMPAIGN

(NOT SURE IF THEY ARE ALL 'FRIDAY I'M IN LOVE' THOUGH?!!
MIGHT HAVE TO THROW SOMETHING CURE IN WITH THEM IF THEY ARE NOT!)
AND THEY WILL BE MADE AVAILABLE FOR AUCTION VIA THE TCT EBAY SITE SOMETIME IN THE NEXT WEEK...

MORE DETAILS WHEN I HAVE THEM

A GOOD OUTCOME I THINK
ONWARDS...
RSX
Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x