Happy Halloween!

Started by skellington, October 31, 2010, 05:35:12

Previous topic - Next topic

skellington

Happy Halloween Everyone!

Its Just Like a Dream...:)

dsanchez

Happy Halloween!

We don't really celebrate this in Peru, however it has gained popularity in the last years. Did you go to some party? What costume did you use?
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

skellington

Halloween is my favourite holiday (along with Christmas) so October is always really busy for me. I had to make 2 haunted houses (one for my Church fall fair, the other for a competition at my dorm, we got second place:) ) Going to farms to get pumpkins and go through haunted barns takes time but its really fun. This year my I designed my costume (but it didn't work out the way I wanted, no one had the dress I wanted and I never had time to put the other elements of my costume together, so it was kind of disapointing, but I was ok. The original plan was to be a victorian lady who had been stabbed in the back with an axe and then have the front of the dress have a big black hole were  you could see my rib cage and spine and part of my hip (to top it off with some crazy Robert Smith style hair and makeup and it would have looked awesome!) I went to every halloween store in town and on the internet to find a cool gothic Victorian dress that would fit me (I am petite so I was coming up with it was always to big or they didn't have it in a child size) So I substituted for a dress that looked kind of gothic but wasn't what I had in mind. I had to make and take down the first haunted house in a day and then assemble one an hour later for the contest and then take it down again to bring back to my house so it could look scary for halloween. I barely had time to get dressed up before trick or treaters came. I started carving my Robert Smith pumpkin, but never finished, so I came back on Tuesday to finish it. I went trick or treating with my sister and her friend, but I was disappointed because the streets were so empty. It was a cold night (and on a Sunday) but I would have expected a little more kids out. Overall it was a good halloween, but next year I hope I don't have to do to much, and maybe will stay home and hand out the treats (and scare some kids) I like the fact that more people around the world are catching on to this oh so fun holiday! I always get really depressed after halloween, I feel really lost, and its too early to start thinking about Christmas so I don't know what to do with myself....any suggestions on what to do until the holiday season? What did everyone else dress up as this year?
Its Just Like a Dream...:)

dsanchez

Quote from: skellington on November 05, 2010, 02:28:49So I substituted for a dress that looked kind of gothic but wasn't what I had in mind. I had to make and take down the first haunted house in a day and then assemble one an hour later for the contest and then take it down again to bring back to my house so it could look scary for halloween.
:smth023

Quote from: skellington on November 05, 2010, 02:28:49
I started carving my Robert Smith pumpkin, but never finished, so I came back on Tuesday to finish it.
It would be awesome if you can share a pic of that (if you made one) ;)

Quote from: skellington on November 05, 2010, 02:28:49
I always get really depressed after halloween, I feel really lost, and its too early to start thinking about Christmas so I don't know what to do with myself....any suggestions on what to do until the holiday season? What did everyone else dress up as this year?
I just used a crazy mask I bought in Lisbon not long time ago, I have never dressed myself, except when I was a kid... but I saw lots of people with nice costumes after the Sinner's Day festival in Belgium. There was a guy who looked exactly as Jack Sparrow!

As for the suggestions, if you have time go and watch some good movies or documentaries (I'm a movie fanatic) and try to catch some good concerts if there are. When I was your age (I think you're around 17) I was preparing for the University so I had to study a lot. Not many parties and not many concerts at that time :(

Anyway, did you get to see Roger Waters? He played in Toronto last september. That is one of the must-see concerts in my opinion!

Roger Waters | Run Like Hell | Toronto | ACC | Sept 15, 2010
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo