Weather extremes

Started by j, August 11, 2007, 05:28:50

Previous topic - Next topic

alwaysprayingforRAIN

Quote from: jbud1980 on January 07, 2010, 15:55:06
guess i shouldn't be complaining about the high of 73 today...

probably going surfing after work too  :P

HA!!! at least we had a white christmas, that's gotta count for something!!! :D

there is supposed to be a huge snow storm tomorrow and everybody's panicking, buying food for a week and so on....

i bet it's going to be nothing compared to Finland though ;)
Say hello on a day like today
Say it every time you move
The way that you look at me now
Makes me wish i was you

Trust...

Quote from: alwaysprayingforRAIN on January 07, 2010, 21:42:02

there is supposed to be a huge snow storm tomorrow and everybody's panicking, buying food for a week and so on....

Here in Belgium also  :lol:, a lot off snow on Saturday and Sunday, and the whole country is out off "salt" for the roads, they already used more then usual on a normal winter  :roll:

And after what I saw in Finland on my vacation I find my country so stupid  :oops:
Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x

jbud1980

Quote from: Trust... on January 07, 2010, 21:51:40
Quote from: alwaysprayingforRAIN on January 07, 2010, 21:42:02

Here in Belgium also  :lol:, a lot off snow on Saturday and Sunday, and the whole country is out off "salt" for the roads, they already used more then usual on a normal winter  :roll:

And after what I saw in Finland on my vacation I find my country so stupid  :oops:

we don't get snow out here, gotta drive a couple hours to get to the mountains. if it's any consolation, the water was quite cold and my wetsuit was not enough protection, so i had to cut surfing short. :(

japanesebaby

Quote from: jbud1980 on January 08, 2010, 02:52:34
the water was quite cold and my wetsuit was not enough protection, so i had to cut surfing short. :(

some crazy people don't give up their summer hobbies here, no matter how cold it gets (scroll down a bit, there are water ski pics after the bird pics):
http://leppavirta.blogspot.com/2010/01/kohti-kesaa.html

(pics ©ATToivanen).

when asked if it was cold, the guy on the water skis said: "well i forgot to fully close the zipper of my wet suit so yeah, a bit".  :eek:

also, an otter had came to say hello to the skier guy in the icy water. ;)
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

jbud1980

Quote from: japanesebaby on January 09, 2010, 15:33:11
Quote from: jbud1980 on January 08, 2010, 02:52:34
the water was quite cold and my wetsuit was not enough protection, so i had to cut surfing short. :(

some crazy people don't give up their summer hobbies here, no matter how cold it gets (scroll down a bit, there are water ski pics after the bird pics):
http://leppavirta.blogspot.com/2010/01/kohti-kesaa.html

(pics ©ATToivanen).

when asked if it was cold, the guy on the water skis said: "well i forgot to fully close the zipper of my wet suit so yeah, a bit".  :eek:

also, an otter had came to say hello to the skier guy in the icy water. ;)

wow, how absolutely gorgeous it is, and it wouldn't surprise me if the otter thought the guy was a mate, for we can sometimes look like otters/seals in our wetsuits, lol.

alwaysprayingforRAIN

We have half a meter of snow outside. i mean that probably isn't that much for people from Finland or so, but for us germans HALF A METRE means we are stuck at home and can't go anywhere, because you can't even see where the street is supposed to be... and it's still snowing!
Say hello on a day like today
Say it every time you move
The way that you look at me now
Makes me wish i was you

Trust...

Quote from: alwaysprayingforRAIN on January 31, 2010, 10:51:31
We have half a meter of snow outside. i mean that probably isn't that much for people from Finland or so, but for us germans HALF A METRE means we are stuck at home and can't go anywhere, because you can't even see where the street is supposed to be... and it's still snowing!

Time to chill  ;)
Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x

crowbi_wan

49 of the 50 US states received some snow yesterday.  Pretty rare happening there. 

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100213/ap_on_re_us/us_united_states_of_snow

I've yet to see any snow this year in Seattle, though (knock on wood).  After the miserable winter we had last year, I'm all for that!

PerfectBlueSkyDolls

Our weather here is sh_t. we have weather very similar to England but our snow is majorly rediculous. We've had snow drifts tht have reached the second story of houses (no joke!)
If I could move somewhere in europe where is sunny & very warm most of the time, I would :roll:  :P

japanesebaby

we've had snow snow snow and more snow (until yesterday, when it was the first day with above 0°C (32°F) temperatures for over two months).

i've been following a couple of bikes outside my building, getting buried in the snow. only one of them was slightly visible anymore last week.
magpies think it's a nice place to sit and observe:

now even the last bike is completely buried. that pile of snow holds at least three bikes. :P

the local fire department recently asked citizens to please help clearing out the snow in the streets. because in case of fire/other emergency, they couldn't guarantee being able to get to all houses anymore as there are such huge piles of snow on the sidewalks and sides of the streets. most people complain about the snow all the time, but i've actually just enjoyed it a lot.

crowbi_wan

A beautiful 64F March Saturday in Seattle.  Two days later we get our first snow of the year on a day where the high was 37F.  The following day was back up around 58F.  That's Seattle for you.  Crazy weather!  We're looking at an expected high of 68F tomorrow.  Nice to see no cold/snow is expected in the 7-day forecast.  Time to break out the shorts.  ;)   

japanesebaby

Quote from: crowbi_wan on March 20, 2010, 06:50:45Time to break out the shorts.  ;)   

we still have almost two feet of snow here. :-P

crowbi_wan

Quote from: japanesebaby on March 20, 2010, 06:54:12
Quote from: crowbi_wan on March 20, 2010, 06:50:45Time to break out the shorts.  ;)   

we still have almost two feet of snow here. :-P

Weather extremes at their finest.  I'll be outside enjoying the sun.  I suppose you'll be out enjoying the snow and ice?

fiction

Today the spring struck Uppsala hard. The sun is warm and lots of motorcycles in traffic. The birds are arriving from the south of Europe and joggers doing it in t-shirts!
again and again and again and again and again and...

fiction

And today the wind is icing cold and the snow falls as tiny hailstones. Yesterday has to be one of the shortest periods of spring we ever had.

additional: Now it´s been snowing for more than three hours and what was green yesterday is today white again and it makes my mind somewhat black...
again and again and again and again and again and...