songs to be happy

Started by dsanchez, June 27, 2005, 20:12:33

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

Sometime ago one friend asked me to suggest any song for feeling better. I know there was some song from Morrissey being name as the "best medicine" against depression. But The Cure has also very nice songs to make you feel alive again ;).

Among of them I would cite "Doing the unstuck" as the most powerful one for these sad days. What abouty you guys?. What Cure songs would serve as medicine in bad days? Think on it...

David. :wink:
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

lostflower4

Hmmmm... There are so many of them. Let's see...

Friday I'm In Love, Doing The Unstuck (especially the Saunders remix), Mint Car (live versions from '95), Birdmad Girl, The Upstairs Room, How Beautiful You Are, Happy The Man (live), A Foolish Arrangement, The Weedy Burton (always good for a laugh), Gone!, Throw Your Foot... just to name a few.

There are also some "happy" sounding Cure songs that can actually make me feel sad (or have mixed emotions) just because they are so beautiful ? Breathe, Sugar Girl, Halo, Before Three, Plainsong, and many others.

It's kind of weird I guess. I really don't find myself listening to certain things depending on mood very often. I just pretty much listen to whatever comes up in my playlist, but my reaction to it will vary depending on how I feel.

But I know I listen The Kiss if ever get really pissed off. :evil: It lets off a lot of steam.

Anonymous

I would agree....

'Doing the Unstuck' on SHOW is brilliant. Porl and his guitar are
on fire!

"its a perfect day...."

Anonymous

I think a further happy song is "the caterpillar". Even my mother likes it although she usally hates my music.  :lol:

rdruiz8

My favourites for cheering me up are: Wrong number, A letter to elise, The baby screams, Torture and Open :D
i'm running out of time i'm out of step and
closing down

Tristan Berlin

A further happy song for me is "this twilight garden". Although it sounds very melancholic nevertheless it is a happy song because I feel happy when I hear it. It's so much love and flowers in it... :lol:

Pushkina

Friday I'm in Love definetely!  :?
Those who try to please All please None

dsanchez

That's a happy one. It's strange some other cure fans dont like it  :roll:

David.

Quote from: PushkinaFriday I'm in Love definetely!  :?
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Anonymous

Cheer up songs?  Not too many,

but Friday, Doing the unstuck, Lovecats, Gone, Mint car

But also Jumping someones else's train, Throw your foot,  
dressing up, a man inside my mouth, halo (but I don't really like it)
Icing sugar!!!!!!
Hey you!!!!

I'm sorry Caley, but Happy the man is a very sad song to me!  Funny how different songs work differently for others...

heixiao

From the edege..., Baby screams, End, Want, The Kiss, Perfect girl, Fight, Prayers for rain, Burn... makes me feel more than happy, I'm not looking for a "happy song" to be happy, i love these songs because there is something in the way how it sounds. I'm always impressed when i listen these songs (just to name a few) because there is something in the guitars, the drum, the introduction, etc. It's maybe weird but i think that's one of the reason why i love this band.  :wink:
Movement, no movement, just a falling bird

lostflower4

Quote from: Anonymous
I'm sorry Caley, but Happy the man is a very sad song to me!  Funny how different songs work differently for others...

I'm not sure I was thinking clearly when I said Happy The Man. It really isn't a "cheer up" song for me either. But I do like to listen to it before I go to bed. I find it very relaxing... I think that's what I meant.

Nothing beats the one from Washington '84, on the "Cold" boot. So smoooooooth...   :D

CureWhispers

:) "Doing The Unstuck"!! :D

arielcc

RETURN, MINT CAR ,
THROW YOUR FOOT and DO THE HANSA make me happy

ariel

Pushkina

Quote from: dsanchezSometime ago one friend asked me to suggest any song for feeling better. I know there was some song from Morrissey being name as the "best medicine" against depression. But The Cure has also very nice songs to make you feel alive again ;).

Among of them I would cite "Doing the unstuck" as the most powerful one for these sad days. What abouty you guys?. What Cure songs would serve as medicine in bad days? Think on it...

David. :wink:

100 Years. Definetely.
Those who try to please All please None

strange_as_angels

friday i'm in love and doing the unstuck! those songs make me want to throw my arms in the air and dance about!
"and you finally found all your courage to
let it all go"