Members going to the 2008 shows - meetings

Started by Lady, November 10, 2007, 12:11:41

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

Quote from: japanesebaby on January 22, 2008, 19:47:53
i'm penniless all the time

Same here. Actually I rather buy beers in a supermarket (cheap!) and bring them to the hotel and make there the meeting/party :roll:
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

crowbi_wan

Quote from: dsanchez on January 22, 2008, 20:52:51

Same here. Actually I rather buy beers in a supermarket (cheap!) and bring them to the hotel and make there the meeting/party :roll:

Hmmm, our hotel is ver tiny.  Not sure that would be a good idea if there's more than just a few of us. 

Is there a law against drinking outside, like in a park or some other public place?  Our hostel is located near Canal St. Martin.  Perhaps we could meet at our room and find a nice spot along the canal with some benches?  Looking at some pictures online, hanging out along the canal seems to be quite popular.  And yes, I'm seeing a few with some folks drinking wine.  Depending on the weather, this could be an affordable option. 

japanesebaby

Quote from: crowbi_wan on January 22, 2008, 21:03:16

Hmmm, our hotel is ver tiny.  Not sure that would be a good idea if there's more than just a few of us. 

Is there a law against drinking outside, like in a park or some other public place?  Our hostel is located near Canal St. Martin.  Perhaps we could meet at our room and find a nice spot along the canal with some benches?  Looking at some pictures online, hanging out along the canal seems to be quite popular.  And yes, I'm seeing a few with some folks drinking wine.  Depending on the weather, this could be an affordable option. 

hanging outside might be ok if it was summer... not sure how warm it is in march... (?). i've been to paris in january and it was pretty cold then. of coursemarch can be different, what do i know.
anyway, i suppose we can see how it is when we get there.
thinking of this, and if we are talking about a public curefans meeting here(?), then i'd say we could arrange a meeting in some decently-priced bar one time/for starters, then see if we can arrange something else in a hotel/somewhere else later. we don't have to spend the whole night in a bar. but it might be a best way to get people together at first(?).

Exactly, it's not like we have to stay at the place we end up meeting at. We might spot a better location while walking around and decide we'd rather go there or, maybe another member has room to accomidate a larger group.  Really, we just need to settle on a place to meet and make sure it's got enough room for everyone.  I do like the idea of starting at a bar, though.       
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

dsanchez

Dude, I think we have to confirm this. I slept in a youth hostel in Paris last time and there was a living room where you could drink and talk, and it was for at least 20 people. Maybe this hotel has something like this, too?.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

japanesebaby

Quote from: japanesebaby on January 22, 2008, 21:10:58

hanging outside might be ok if it was summer... not sure how warm it is in march... (?). i've been to paris in january and it was pretty cold then. of coursemarch can be different, what do i know.
anyway, i suppose we can see how it is when we get there.
thinking of this, and if we are talking about a public curefans meeting here(?), then i'd say we could arrange a meeting in some decently-priced bar one time/for starters, then see if we can arrange something else in a hotel/somewhere else later. we don't have to spend the whole night in a bar. but it might be a best way to get people together at first(?).

Exactly, it's not like we have to stay at the place we end up meeting at. We might spot a better location while walking around and decide we'd rather go there or, maybe another member has room to accomidate a larger group.  Really, we just need to settle on a place to meet and make sure it's got enough room for everyone.  I do like the idea of starting at a bar, though.       

i was confused for a moment but it looks like you became me for a moment. ;)

i also like the idea of starting in a public place, then moving someplace else if we want.

about the hostel: according to my experiences, these youth hostel "living rooms" can be reserved for people who all live in the hostel, and so inviting a big number of outsiders is maybe not ok. the hotels/hostels can have the right to reserve their properties for their customers only. that's why i would like to start in a public place, where everyone can walk in from the street. i suppose we can all afford one beer in a bar - just as long as it's not a super-trendy place. ;)

crowbi_wan

Quote from: dsanchez on January 22, 2008, 21:33:07

Dude, I think we have to confirm this. I slept in a youth hostel in Paris last time and there was a living room where you could drink and talk, and it was for at least 20 people. Maybe this hotel has something like this, too?.

The site that I booked through listed a common room.  However, in reading some reviews from this place it doesn't sound like there's much room at all in this common area.  I don't know for sure.    

Marika's idea of starting at a bar, then venturing off to another location (someone's hotel) sounds good to me.  I understand people want to save money, but spending time in the hotel doesn't sound very interesting to me.  That's why I was big on the hostel we selected.  It's cheap, good location, and just a place to sleep.  I've never been to Paris, not sure I'll ever make it back, so making the most of my stay only makes sense.        

japanesebaby

Quote from: crowbi_wan on January 22, 2008, 21:56:38
spending time in the hotel doesn't sound very interesting to me.

I've never been to Paris, not sure I'll ever make it back, so making the most of my stay only makes sense.        

a good point.

crowbi_wan

Quote from: japanesebaby on January 22, 2008, 21:54:35
i suppose we can all afford one beer in a bar - just as long as it's not a super-trendy place. ;)

Exactly, that's why I found Au Petit Garage to be someplace that might be suitable.  

1)Beer and wine by the glass will set you back a mere 2.50 euros (approx. $3)

2)Full of character and never overcrowded or pretentious.

$3 for a beer is a good price!

melly

Quote from: crowbi_wan on January 22, 2008, 22:04:05
Quote from: japanesebaby on January 22, 2008, 21:54:35
i suppose we can all afford one beer in a bar - just as long as it's not a super-trendy place. ;)

Exactly, that's why I found Au Petit Garage to be someplace that might be suitable.  

1)Beer and wine by the glass will set you back a mere 2.50 euros (approx. $3)

2)Full of character and never overcrowded or pretentious.

$3 for a beer is a good price!

sounds like the kind of place Robert and co like to hang out in afterwards...you never know!! probably wouldn't hurt checking it after the show...give 'em at least an hour, then go to the places like this one....sounds right up his alley!!
" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...

Soxguy

me and my buddies are definitely not opposed to anyone showing up to our room at the Wyndam O'Hare for the Chicago show May 17th, 2008.  bring ur tasty beverage and hang out.  they've just made Absinthe Legal here in the U.S. and here in Lincoln, NE we'll be seeing it arrive in about 2 weeks.  the domesticated stuff "Absente" has been around for a few years but the good stuff like Lucid is what i'll probably wait for.  i'll be bringing a bottle, maybe 2 for the show and for my friends.  as long as we don't thrash the place, it should be a blast.  :-D
"...Ambition in the back of a black Car"

Meddy

Really Absinthe legal?  Wow, I haven't heard anything about that.  I am staying at the Radisson that isn't too far from the arena for the Chicago tour.  I have never been east of the Mississippi so I wouldn't have a clue as to where a good meeting place would be...
"I want to live deeply, and suck the marrow from life." HDT

robiola

Quote from: Soxguy on January 25, 2008, 18:13:59
me and my buddies are definitely not opposed to anyone showing up to our room at the Wyndam O'Hare for the Chicago show May 17th, 2008.  bring ur tasty beverage and hang out.  they've just made Absinthe Legal here in the U.S. and here in Lincoln, NE we'll be seeing it arrive in about 2 weeks.  the domesticated stuff "Absente" has been around for a few years but the good stuff like Lucid is what i'll probably wait for.  i'll be bringing a bottle, maybe 2 for the show and for my friends.  as long as we don't thrash the place, it should be a blast.  :-D
We'll of course want to hear all about it afterwards -- if you remember anything, that is. An Absinthe party somehow sounds just like the thing to do after a Cure concert. :smth043

iwannashagsimon

I'm planning on staying at the Holiday Inn Express (still gotta make reservations!). But Tthere are lots of resturants near the Allstate Arena, so finding a meeting place shouldn't be too hard.

Just count me out of any parties with alcohol involved. :oops:

Soxguy

Quote from: robiola on February 01, 2008, 09:56:21
Quote from: Soxguy on January 25, 2008, 18:13:59
We'll of course want to hear all about it afterwards -- if you remember anything, that is. An Absinthe party somehow sounds just like the thing to do after a Cure concert. :smth043

before, after, during... :-D   should be a blast!  i'm videotaping as much as i can of everything we do that night...haha
"...Ambition in the back of a black Car"

Cure Freak

Quote from: Meddy on February 01, 2008, 03:00:26
Really Absinthe legal?  Wow, I haven't heard anything about that.  I am staying at the Radisson that isn't too far from the arena for the Chicago tour.  I have never been east of the Mississippi so I wouldn't have a clue as to where a good meeting place would be...
Just legalized last year, in the US. I've ben wanting to try it. Now, I can. :D
Sorry for going  a bit off topic. :oops: