You Know you are a Cure fan when... ?

Started by Untitled, September 04, 2007, 07:27:54

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

When you rename your wireless network UPC0508547 to "Piggy in the mirror"
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

When you heard someone talking about "The Pope" you think on Tim Pope.

When all your friends at work know that you like The Cure.

When "Orange" is not a fruit but a concert.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

PearlThompsonsBloodflower

When u refuse to date anyone other than a Cure fan.

Yep imma only dating female Cure fans ♥️💕

Ulrich

Quote from: PearlThompsonsBloodflowers on December 15, 2017, 04:12:21When u refuse to date anyone other than a Cure fan.

Well I'm 48 and desperate, so I will date anyone (female or male), I can still try later to convert her or him to The Cure...  :lol:
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

PearlThompsonsBloodflower

Quote from: Ulrich on December 15, 2017, 10:05:31
Quote from: PearlThompsonsBloodflowers on December 15, 2017, 04:12:21When u refuse to date anyone other than a Cure fan.

Well I'm 48 and desperate, so I will date anyone (female or male), I can still try later to convert her or him to The Cure...  :D

Yea that's so  true!!!

Imma desperate at times but imma more into girls then guys or its so it's hard finding anyone tbh.

dsanchez

When in your house's mailbox, you use a Cure font for your last name.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

Love this one, a reply to our @curefans Twitter account:

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

helloimageifonly

When in the gym you're having the best work-outs watching The Cure concerts on YouTube and when energylevels are low and you feel like giving up..you listen the 14min version of A Forest from 1992 and you go faster and harder and then you start to fly because of the unleashing flood of endorfines and the emotions the music is giving you. And you smile and you forget where you are...on your fitness device :1f635:  :heart-eyes
Every time!

And you know you're a Cure fan when you are having the best time reading the writings on this site here or roaming YouTube and indulge on everything Cure related :)

chemicaloverload

When your 7 year old daughter plans on calling her children Charlotte and Elise  XD
Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves

dsanchez

when you get in the elevator of your building and you hear the floor announcement tone, you realise the two first notes are the same as "Secrets" :P
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

When you watch the Australian Open final held at the Rod Laver arena and the only thing you think of is that The Cure played there back in 2016.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

When you see "Smith" in the cover of your "Algorithms" book.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

the thread of a dream

When your constantly teasing/back combing your hair, atleast attempted once a Robert Smith make-up look, (and cringed or just see it as an art form and wear that look everywhere) atleast thought about buying some weird sneakers on ebay just solely because they look like his sneakers. (And then bought some weird adidas ones for a pretty good price actually and then tried them on and realised how weird you are), when you get extremely frustrated when someone doesn't know who they are. When you legit listen to The Cure everyday and when you don't, you feel like your not yourself. (And then play them the next day and crank it up because you 'missed' them ) When your having a conversation and legit any song title or a word in a song title, or lyric, is even vaguely mentioned, you think of them. When you legit only know Cure songs on the bass guitar... When you get obsessed with looking at stars... basically when anything that isn't The Cure is boring.... when you realise that you are too obsessed....
☆Slit the cats like cheese!
Then eat the sweet sticky things! ☆

JaySam

When you keep checking for news on the upcoming The Cure 2019 album

SueC

Oh, old thread!  :-)

Nevertheless, as a new person here I'd like to submit two responses from our household.

Brett offers: When you're stoking your wood fire and automatically remark, "The fire's almost out and there's nothing left to burn."  ...and then both of you go, hee hee hee.

I think I qualified when I broke my foot around the time we bought Disintegration.  Triple metatarsal fracture, good and proper, freak accident, and Brett said to me, "Now you're a proper Cure fan, you've prepared for this experience!"
SueC is time travelling