2007.10.06 Mountain View 'Download Festival' (USA)

Started by monghi, May 29, 2007, 18:36:41

Previous topic - Next topic

strange_day

Of course they dont sound like they did before, but i mean who would want them to? Thats whats always made them a a great live band. I mean, personally if they sounded as they did in '87 rather than now, id be more gutted!

scatcat

Quote from: dsanchez on October 10, 2007, 15:18:33
Quote from: caiostro on October 10, 2007, 14:55:24
Thank you for sharing the download concert.

Listening to it I realized that this Cure isn't mine Cure anymore.

It sounds too simple, they sound too old and they can't play the old songs in the way they should sound.

Time to retire?

It's just a recording. The experience to see them live is something totally out of this world. Everytime I listen recordings of the Hamburg 2002 (so far, the only Cure show I saw) I say myself this is not even the half of how they sounded live.

yes thank you to Jeff and the others for sharing and doing a lot of work...
@Jeff...your site is awesomely spooky!!!! I luv it!!
and about the new song.. Robert has said in interviews that there is a bit of a mix with the type of songs on the new album.. so we just gotta wait and see... :smth023
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

nausearockpig

I've given it one listen and though it wasn't a song i loved immediatley, i did think that the music sounded nice and the lyrics were upbeat and nice.

it was better than average - it's no Open but after listening to it once only i like it better than half the songs on The Cure... I didn't like Open the first time I heard it but it's in my Top5 and has been for years..

for me i reckon repeated listens will make it come around..

ps thanks to the taper and to J for sharing it.

scatcat

!!!thank you crowbi_wan!!! Great job at the festival!! :rocker :rocker

thanks for the links!!! :smth023

I wish I had a Robert Doll!!! :smth011
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

nausearockpig

does anyone have those images of the set list?? i can't view or download them and can't find them on COF or cure-concerts.de
Grrr....

scatcat

Quote from: nausearockpig on October 11, 2007, 08:23:54
does anyone have those images of the set list?? i can't view or download them and can't find them on COF or cure-concerts.de
Grrr....

they are in the "Please Project" forum, page 1. :smth023
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

nausearockpig

yeah saw that but for some reason i get a little X instead of the images and can't download them...

is poos.

tof if you have them could you email them to me?

japanesebaby

Quote from: nausearockpig on October 11, 2007, 08:49:31
yeah saw that but for some reason i get a little X instead of the images and can't download them...

is poos.

tof if you have them could you email them to me?

as tof's not online, i just emailed you the jpgs. can you view them now?
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

nausearockpig

disintegration

Datemi un cielo per caderci dentro!
SOLO LA TERNANA!
http://www.ternanashirts.it/
LADY, la luce nel mio buio!

billee

I agree David yes the recordings are a wonderful way to relive but nothing is like being caught up in the moment of being at a Cure concert. I get emotianal everytime I listen to the Melbourne concert. Too old? Hmmmmmmm I have a problem with the term "old" ( prolly cos I'm pretty close to "the band's?"age ) Somedays we all feel "old" sometimes we feel like "spring chickens". I can only admire the staying power , some songs have been better than others, everyone of us will have different views on each one, but I do know one thing. The happiness I personally have gained from The Cure's music over the past goodness knows how many years could never be measured. Old???????
Never!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:D 
The other one feeds on my hesitation
Grows inside of my trepidaton
Buries his claws in my dislocation
I whisper your name to lose control

scatcat

Quote from: billee on October 11, 2007, 13:50:15
I agree David yes the recordings are a wonderful way to relive but nothing is like being caught up in the moment of being at a Cure concert. I get emotianal everytime I listen to the Melbourne concert. Too old? Hmmmmmmm I have a problem with the term "old" ( prolly cos I'm pretty close to "the band's?"age ) Somedays we all feel "old" sometimes we feel like "spring chickens". I can only admire the staying power , some songs have been better than others, everyone of us will have different views on each one, but I do know one thing. The happiness I personally have gained from The Cure's music over the past goodness knows how many years could never be measured. Old???????
Never!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:D 

yes...old??? :smth100 :smth100???  NEVER!!!! :rocker

:smth020
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

billee

Now where did I leave my walking frame?  LOL
The other one feeds on my hesitation
Grows inside of my trepidaton
Buries his claws in my dislocation
I whisper your name to lose control