McCartney, Bono, and Sting invited to sing in Machu Picchu

Started by dsanchez, November 14, 2010, 12:38:37

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

As discussed here:

Ex Beatle Paul McCartney, U2 singer Bono, and Sting have been invited by Peruvian entrepreneurs to sing in Machu Picchu in July 2011

http://www.livinginperu.com/news-13526-celebrities-mccartney-bono-sting-invited-sing-machu-picchu-peru

It would be awesome to see Bob singing All cats are grey there but maybe I am hallucinating. I don't see why he has not been invited  :smth011
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

japanesebaby

Quote from: dsanchez on November 14, 2010, 12:38:37
It would be awesome to see Bob singing All cats are grey there but maybe I am hallucinating. I don't see why he has not been invited  :smth011

like said, i'm just glad he's not a clown and stays away from this kind of things.
besides, sites like this should be protected by law, to not to be turned into public markets or concert arenas etc.. they are ancient fragile places created by an ancient, different civilization than ours. we should treat that with the respect they deserve and not turn them into circus arenas:

Machu Picchu Under Threat From Pressures of Tourism
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

dsanchez

I don't think they want to make a "big" concert. I understand it's just a small ceremony with maybe one or all of them singing (if they accept). And of course, Bob won't sing there because the guys at the tourism office probably don't have any idea who he is. That's just a dream I have :P

There have never been a concert in Machu Picchu and it will never happen, as you said in other post, it's a "fragile" place. For this kind of things (big events) there's a better place: Sacsayhuamán

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo