Porl/Pearl today

Started by cheyler, July 22, 2013, 21:10:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Ulrich

Quote from: Ikissedyoursmile on October 10, 2013, 17:24:35
Im not laughing at her.

No reason to anyway. :)
(Sorry for writing "he" in my post above, still used to the old days.)

Btw, who's the guy in the 1st pic? An actor? His face seems familiar...
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

Ikissedyoursmile

Quote from: Ulrich on October 11, 2013, 13:05:50
Quote from: Ikissedyoursmile on October 10, 2013, 17:24:35
Im not laughing at her.
sorry i have no idea who the guy is.

No reason to anyway. :)
(Sorry for writing "he" in my post above, still used to the old days.)

Btw, who's the guy in the 1st pic? An actor? His face seems familiar...

cure89

cheyler

Nobody believed me??  It was pretty obvious what was going on.  Had a bit of facial surgery too, Porl was never one of nature's most aesthetically favored individuals (is that watered down enough?).  After seeing the photos, I can't believe I'm saying this but...it appears that Porl made a good call, Pearl looks pretty damned good.

Ulrich

Quote from: cure89 on December 09, 2013, 09:46:59
That's her new interesting website ...

Check the news section from time to time, folks! ;)
http://curefans.com/curenews/pearl-thompson-launches-new-website/

Quote from: cheyler on December 12, 2013, 07:00:52
Nobody believed me?? 

Believed what? Nobody who posted replies to you doubted anything about the changes from Porl to Pearl.
I myself just wondered what you were on about at all...
From my first post in this topic:
QuoteI'm not exactly sure what your point is here

cheyler

I want to try something here...
Pick a band, past or present, that you really like or maybe even your favorite band ever.  It can't be The Cure (just for this purpose anyway).  Next let's have the name of your favorite person in the band.  Would you be surprised if the favorite member of your favorite band up and quit in order to have a sex change?  Would you be upset?  Would you...maybe even...mention it to someone?  Maybe also be a bit curious about what this someone thinks about it?

That is what I was on about.  Nothing else.

There was no acrimony when Porl left the band (again)...at least not from the band themselves (fans yes, band no).  Who was going to announce that it was happening and why?  Porl?  Doubt it.  RS?  Even less likely.  Porl was just getting on with what he had already started and any additional band activities at that time (almost five years ago now) would have delayed or made impossible what he was doing.  I wasn't sure what kind of public life he would want to have afterward but now it's pretty clear that he has no problem about it (which is great).  I'd even bet that Pearl will be at the 'last gig' for a song or two and that will be VERY cool.  But...YEARS down the line, right?  Let's hope.

Ulrich

Sorry, but none of this explains why you seem to assume that no-one believed you?  :?

Quote from: cheyler on December 14, 2013, 22:28:59
I want to try something here...

Why? Didn't work the first time you tried, eh?  :roll:
From what I gathered, you won't get any other replies as the ones you already got:
Quotepersonally don't care if Porl turns into an alien. I am not interest to know about the personal life of The Cure members
I'm not laughing at her

Pick a band, past or present, that you really like or maybe even your favorite band ever.  It can't be The Cure (just for this purpose anyway).  Next let's have the name of your favorite person in the band.  Would you be surprised if the favorite member of your favorite band up and quit in order to have a sex change? 

Maybe, maybe not. Frankly I don't really care as long as I like the music...

Would you be upset?  Would you...maybe even...mention it to someone?  Maybe also be a bit curious about what this someone thinks about it?

No.

cheyler

The guy in the first photo is Bob Gruen, famous American rock photographer.  Actually VERY VERY famous rock photographer.  Makes me reduce my hypothetical average age of those who frequent this site (by 10 or 15 years...).

Thank you once more to our nitpicker-in-residence for showing me the error of my ways.

So far am at a (-1) in karma points, no need to think for more than a split second where THAT came from.  Is there some sort of record for negative points?  Some sort of award possibly?  Interesting that by maintaining a cool head and simply being inquisitive and speculative and not accusing or swearing or having anything bad to say about anyone gets me negative karma points while being a **** is just fine.

(oops, slipped a bit there, sorry.  certainly am glad the insta-censor is right on the ball!)

Ulrich

Quote from: cheyler on December 16, 2013, 02:06:04
The guy in the first photo is Bob Gruen

Thanks for telling, better late than never. I knew his face from somewhere.
I don't know all that much about famous rock photographers, also mostly they are behind the camera, so with most photographers I don't know their faces (with the notable exception of Richard Bellia, who took some photos of RS too)...

Quote from: cheyler on December 16, 2013, 02:06:04
Interesting that by maintaining a cool head and simply being inquisitive and speculative and not accusing or swearing or having anything bad to say about anyone gets me negative karma points while being a **** is just fine.

You're turning into a troll now.
I did reply in honesty to your above questions. You did NOT reply to my questions (e.g. why you assume "nobody believed you"?)...

The negative karma, I think, came from a different topic ("D. M.Allen"). ;)

cheyler

Didn't mean to sidestep your question.  The whole matter was pretty interesting, to me anyway.  Think of what all the kids would say if suddenly Justin Bieber (name correct?) went out and had a sex change.  Not a fan of this guy, but after I stopped laughing I may very well have had a comment about it.

Didn't really assume no one believed me, it just seemed that no one was terribly interested.  I was mainly interested in the comments of those who WERE interested.  There were some and they were interesting.  You weren't terribly interested but your comments were interesting too.

I never intended to 'offend' anyone (including you), I just found the whole thing interesting (there's that word again).  We could be 'pals', right?? (:))  Certainly less than productive to take personal offense at another's speculation re: a third party's actions/habits.  I point that sentence at myself as well.  Anyway, the subject has hit the buffers so that's that.

So, how was your day ulrich? :)

Forgot to mention, I've never been a big fan of Dave Allen as a producer.  The material on the Sisters first album really needed and deserved a heroic effort in order to present and preserve those songs correctly.  That material, in my opinion, was really some special stuff that needed to be captured properly because (again, opinion) it is really some timeless stuff.  Not only was it poorly mixed, it also sounds as if it was poorly recorded and there's nothing anyone can do about that, especially almost thirty years later.  Damn.

Ulrich

Quote from: cheyler on December 19, 2013, 11:23:45
I just found the whole thing interesting (there's that word again).

Yeah, very "interesting" that you kept riding around on that subject. Already when you started a 2nd thread with basically the same topic, it was "suspicious" (like someone trying to create a stir).  :(

So, how was your day ulrich? :)

Does not belong here. Send PM or start topic "how was everyone's day?"  :roll:

The material on the Sisters first album ...

And you were really incapable to put this where it belongs (into the D.M. Allen topic)?  :o

cheyler

I haven't felt the need to reply to different aspects of your answers in different areas of the forum.  Since you bring up all sorts of different topics within your replies it only makes sense to answer them all in the same place and also keep generalized statements within the body of my reply.  You might never find them all if I replied to each part in what you would consider its 'relevant' topic.  Same as applies in American law, once either the defense or prosecution broaches a subject then the other party is free to take up the subject during cross-examination.  Since the Porl/Pearl Today subject is what brought this little happy family together it only makes sense to keep it there.  Say, just so we keep things on track, didja notice that Porl had a sex change?

Ulrich

Quote from: cheyler on December 21, 2013, 13:05:24You might never find them all if I replied to each part in what you would consider its 'relevant' topic.

Don't worry, this forum is not that busy, I would find them all! (Also btw, I think I could have myself notified via email if I wanted to be "up-to-date" about topic replies!) :)
In this topic here, all is said and done (as far as I am concerned). Keep on trolling! ;)

dsanchez

Since this has turned into a personal issue rather than a discussion about the 'new' Porl Thompson, I am going to lock this topic until further notice. Hopefully it will help to calm the waters.

Merry christmas and all the best to you!
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo