Hello from Long Island, New York!

Started by helloimage, January 02, 2015, 19:13:02

Previous topic - Next topic

helloimage

Hi to everyone! Happy New Year! I'm an old Cure fan - started with Japanese Whispers back in the early 80's with the beloved WLIR radio station. Have seen them live close to 60 times. Have lost count at this point. So happy for all of you who saw the Apollo shows. What incredible set lists. So grateful they are still playing.

xoxo

dsanchez

Welcome to Curefans.com and happy new year!

I was at the first night show and indeed it was fantastic! I wrote a small review here.

As the year is just starting, maybe you want share with us what are your Cure hopes for this 2015?

We hope you like it here :smth023
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

helloimage

Thank you! Of course, I'm hoping for a new album and U.S. tour! LOL!
I have a bunch of photos from the Reflections shows in NYC. I will post soon!

Thank you again for a great community!
xo

dsanchez

you're welcome!

well it's now or never I suppose (the new album). It was supposed to be released last year anyway.

which NYC Reflection show(s) you went to?
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

helloimage

I saw all three shows at the Beacon in NYC during Reflections. Was so lucky as managed to move seats to front row center first night! It was heaven. Someone rushed the stage and kissed Robert. Security was insane because of that for the last two nights. I almost always move seats but not after that.

dsanchez

Quote from: helloimage on January 03, 2015, 17:10:39
I saw all three shows at the Beacon in NYC during Reflections. Was so lucky as managed to move seats to front row center first night! It was heaven. Someone rushed the stage and kissed Robert.
I remember that incident :lol:

http://curefans.com/2011-63/2011-11-25-new-york-beacon-theatre-(usa)/msg75260/#msg75260

let me know if you want the audio recordings of these shows, I have two of them somewhere.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

helloimage

Robert was so cute when that happened! It's true that people jumping stages is so much a thing of the past. It was kind of fun to see something like that again!

I would absolutely love a recording of any of those nights. That would be lovely!

Thank you!

Ulrich

The holy city breathed like a dying man...

helloimage

I think it helps living on the East coast because I was able to catch a lot of shows in NY, CT, MA, PA etc... And then traveled further a lot to see them, too, later on. Made it a reason to take a vacation and visit friends and relatives. So many fun memories! It does get expensive though...

helloimage

Oh and I'm old! LOL! First time I saw them was Head on the Door in Boston!

Ulrich

Quote from: helloimage on January 08, 2015, 16:42:23
Made it a reason to take a vacation and visit friends and relatives. So many fun memories! It does get expensive though...

Yeah, I did the same thing, but only managed around 10 times in all.
And the costs of it prevented me from doing it over the last few years...  :roll:
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

Trust...

Hello helloimage!
Welcome @ curefans.com
Hope you can find everything overhere, if not, don't hesitate to ask.

And wow 60 times :rocker
Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x