siouxsie

Started by Steve, October 26, 2007, 08:20:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve

Well, what can I say?
A Siouxsie sandwich really.
I'm back (oh no, I hear you cry).
A short summary of my Siouxsie experience last weekend........
Opening with Isreal & Arabian nights was a big surprise, but a welcome one.
Although not the banshees, the band were really tight, as if they had been playing these songs for years.
The new songs could have easily been off Tinderbox really & when Night Shift started up, all I could think of was hairy armpits (watch Nocturn to see what I mean) ;) 
As for the encores, I was blown away with Hello I love You & Happy house, but to get a rendition of HK Garden & finish with Spellbound was more than I could have wished for.
Stumbling through the London night back to Leicester Sq station past celebrating south africans & disappointed English fans was irrelavant. I had just seen the queen & she was spot on!
Long live the queen.
Cheers
Steve
I know tomorrow's going to taste like cake
http://www.balatonfured.hu/en_index.php

CureCrusader

Quote from: Steve on October 26, 2007, 08:20:51
Well, what can I say?
A Siouxsie sandwich really.
I'm back (oh no, I hear you cry).
A short summary of my Siouxsie experience last weekend........
Opening with Isreal & Arabian nights was a big surprise, but a welcome one.
Although not the banshees, the band were really tight, as if they had been playing these songs for years.
The new songs could have easily been off Tinderbox really & when Night Shift started up, all I could think of was hairy armpits (watch Nocturn to see what I mean) ;) 
As for the encores, I was blown away with Hello I love You & Happy house, but to get a rendition of HK Garden & finish with Spellbound was more than I could have wished for.
Stumbling through the London night back to Leicester Sq station past celebrating south africans & disappointed English fans was irrelavant. I had just seen the queen & she was spot on!
Long live the queen.

Must've been awesome. Welcome back.
Who am I? Who are you? Is this world what we percieve it to be? Do we even exist?

Janko

WOW!
I'M SURPRISED SHE PLAYED (SO MUCH) SATB MATERIAL
LAST FEW DAYS I WAS UNDER THE IMPRESSION THAT SHE'S TRYING TO BREAK SOME TIES WITH THE PAST

WERE THERE ANY YOUNG KIDS?

Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

silversand

I'm astonished that she played so many Siouxsie and the Banshees songs.
It seems you've enjoyed the concert very much.

Welcome back Steve  :)

Steve

There weren't many young kids there actually, now you come to mention it & I was really happy to hear the Banshees stuff too. Mantaray's a great album too. I'd recommend it to anyone.
Full setlist was
Israel
Arabian Knights
About To Happen
Here Comes That Day
Loveless
If It Doesn't Kill You
Night Shift
Drone Zone
Sea Of Tranquility
One Mile Below
Into A Swan

encore 1
Hello I Love You
Happy House

encore 2
Hong Kong Garden
Spellbound

She has still got it & if you get the chance, go see her.
Cheers
Steve
I know tomorrow's going to taste like cake
http://www.balatonfured.hu/en_index.php

Cure Freak

It seems like a great concert for you.
And by looking at the setlist.  I'm, quite surprized,also, she played so much SATB songs.