Muse - The Resistance Tour

Started by crowbi_wan, June 02, 2009, 04:56:22

Previous topic - Next topic

japanesebaby

Quote from: crowbi_wan on April 09, 2010, 07:32:57
Quote from: fiction on April 06, 2010, 17:47:20
What kind of cheap trick is this silly deal with "Choose the Setlists"? I don´t want a prefabricated silly setlist with fan lures (wants). I want them to play the songs they feel like playing. Crap! Might as well put on a cd with som fan craved songs. This is really a low! Resistance?! Against what? Creativity?

What's wrong with getting a little fan input?  They've already done a tour in Europe to support the latest album and play the set they wanted to play.  Beises, the page states the band will endeavour to include at least one from the top five in the setlist at each show!  I look at this as a way to have a unique show, not some same boring set each and every time out.  It's not like they're picking some random fan's dream set.  It's just one song the band will then incorporate into their set.  My hat is off to Muse for doing this.  Would be nice to see other bands do such a thing.   

i agree, ui think it's great.
like crowbi said, their site clearly say they try to include "at least one song". so why would that have to mean they'd be playing songs they "didn't feel like playing"?
and at least it shows that they are interested in keeping in touch with their fan base in this medium (the same can't be said about many other bands).

besides, if you go to see muse on their regular tours you'll see they do tend to repeat setlists. yet fans have been well aware that the band do have a lot more songs in their repertoire which have been played in some more or less one-off shows more or less recently (citizen erased, space dementia, dead star, fury, megalomania, just to mention a few) - and all are something that many many fans have been wishing to hear more. what's wrong in trying to get those played more in their set upcoming shows? or to get to hear some other less played classics? i'm sure they'll still play starlight and hysteria for those who want to hear just the radio hits, i really  don't see those getting dropped.

but if you want to sell your ticket - hey more beer money saved. ;)

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

fiction

Okay, my mistake. I misred/misunderstood the whole thing. I thought that they were going to play the complete concert out of different peoples "wishlists". That could´ve been a nice idea though, I admit, if the concert was going to be held in a smaller place like a club or so and with a crowd that were invited personally by the band.
again and again and again and again and again and...

crowbi_wan

Quote from: fiction on March 24, 2010, 14:48:16
The tickets are sold for 52 euro in Sweden. What do you pay in other countries?

I meant to answer this earlier.  Sorry about that.  I was on vacation and was trying to stay off the internet (mostly).  That's pretty standard for a Muse show these days.  One thing i can tell you is Muse invest in quality gear and crew (lights, PA, professionals that know how to mix a concert).  Those 52 euros are well spent, Fiction.  Just saw the band three times and can tell you they put on one heck of a mind-melting show.   

crowbi_wan

It's impossible to keep up with Muse concert listings.  They announce a handful of gigs every week or so.  Anyway, another round of US dates with some gaps as usual. 

22nd September: Viejas Arena, San Diego, CA
23rd September: Honda Center, Anaheim, CA
25th September: Staples Center, Los Angeles, CA

1st October: Santa Ana Star Center, Rio Rancho, NM
2nd October: Pepsi Center, Denver, CO
5th October: Target Center, Minneapolis, MN
6th October: Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI
8th October: Ford Center, Oklahoma City, OK
21st October: Pepsi Coliseum, Quebec City, QC
27th October: John Paul Jones Arena, Chalottesville, VA

2nd November: Sprint Center, Kansas City, MO
3rd November: Scotttrade Center, St. Louis, MO
5th November: Schottenstein Center, Columbus, OH
6th November: US Bank Arena, Cincinnati, OH

Speculation is they will be playing Austin City Limits just after Oaklahoma City and some Florida dates later in November.  Pretty amazing live band.  Catch them at least once.  You won't be sorry.   

crowbi_wan

I'm heading over next week to see the boys play a few gigs at Wembley.  Really excited to see them in a stadium!  :rocker 

Muse - Take a Bow - Paris Stade de France 11 Juin 2010 - Multicam preview by achtungpop

:shock:

Looking forward to catching up with jb again, too  :)

japanesebaby

MK ultra, bliss, ruled by secrecy and
citizen erased!  :rocker :rocker :rocker :rocker :rocker :rocker :rocker :rocker :rocker :rocker :rocker :rocker :rocker :rocker

Muse Citizen Erased Wembley Stadium London 11/9/10 HD

the second night on wembley was hands down THE best concert i've ever been to.
(and i know that many people tend to say that for the latest good show they've seen, but i really mean it, it was just the best show ever.)

crowbi_wan

Quote from: japanesebaby on September 13, 2010, 17:40:10
the second night on wembley was hands down THE best concert i've ever been to.
(and i know that many people tend to say that for the latest good show they've seen, but i really mean it, it was just the best show ever.)

I'm agree !  :-D  Expectations were insanely high and met in full.  I can honestly say no other gig I've been to comes close to the 2nd night at Wembley.  It truly was the greatest gig I've had the pleasure of seeing.   

crowbi_wan

My video of Bliss.   :smth035

Muse - Bliss, live at Wembley 2010-09-11

Was great to hear that one again.  :smth020

japanesebaby

crowbi_wan

http://www.youtube.com/user/wewanthecup#p/u/5/BIPPDSn9j2k

:rocker  :rocker :rocker :rocker :rocker :rocker :rocker :rocker :rocker  :rocker :rocker

Best version of Stockholm Syndrome I've ever witnessed or heard on tape.  And to top it off I was on the rail in front of Matt.  :-D  With 8+ minutes of jamming, this was easily the longest version the band has performed.  For those not familiar with Muse or their live show, this could be compared to A Forest from Kilburn National in '92 or perhaps even All Mine from Paris '82.  Yeah, it was that special.  Riffs include School, Execution Commentary, Township Rebellion, Agitated (intro and outro), War Within a Breath, Negative Creep, DEAD STAR, plus a few unknown jams.  Couple this with Bliss and Ruled by Secrecy being played, a tight performance in general, and my location, I'd have to say this was my second favorite Muse gig (out of 11).  Wembley night 2 was the best concert EVER.  Still coming down from the high I experienced during these last few performances.  Two more to go on the tour!  :smth023