phobias... what is your personal phobia?

Started by scatcat, January 05, 2008, 15:35:04

Previous topic - Next topic

japanesebaby

looks like it's going to catch us too: forecast tomorrow is heavy snowfall, -6 C (21 F) which will feel like -15 C (5 F) due to wind.
what a day for the holidays to end and for getting back to work! i think i need to leave home early tomorrow, just in case everything's screwed up traffic wise already by 8 am... :?

(otherwise i'm glad if we'd finally get snow, since it's been totally snowless ALL winter so far! which is just screwed up!
i think i'll blame it on george w. bush, just so that i can blame it on someone, anyone... :evil:)

(and sorry to derail this thread for a while)
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

melly

Quote from: Steve on January 06, 2008, 09:34:19
Oh, joy of joys  :?.
It's currently -5 degrees & actually raining here. Anyone remember that ice magic chocolate sauce stuff that went instantly hard when it hit ice cream?
Well, guess what the rain is doing when it hits the ground?
Some crayzees are actually trying to drive their cars  :shock:
I'm going to a friend's for lunch & he lives up a hill.
Won't be a pleasant walk.  :roll:

Come back down on your bum  (WHHHEEEEEE!!)......stopping could be a problem though... :smth017
" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...

Lady

SPIDERS! :?

And it's strange that I started to love the cure when I saw Lullaby's video for the first time... :o
[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

scatcat

Quote from: Lady on January 07, 2008, 16:14:42
SPIDERS! :?

And it's strange that I started to love the cure when I saw Lullaby's video for the first time... :o

ohh man!! I love that video.. but the spider... big and HAIRY... crawling... Robert wrapped up in a web... freaky!!! It gets me jumping up thinking I have a spider on me!!!  eeeeee  :smth088
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

sues777

Quote from: scatcat on January 07, 2008, 16:19:34
It gets me jumping up thinking I have a spider on me!!!  eeeeee  :smth088

I'm somewhat comforted to hear I'm not the only one who does that.....
The further we go, and older we grow, the more we know the less we show

CureCrusader

I have a phobia of heights!!

I also don't like being tickled!!!   :smth011

And, it is a bit embarassing, but I have this bad thing about clowns, and dolls... they scare the wits out of me!!  :smth100
Who am I? Who are you? Is this world what we percieve it to be? Do we even exist?

Cure Freak

Quote from: j on January 05, 2008, 20:22:07
I'm scared to death that another Republican will get elected as president of the US later this year..... :shock: :smth018 :smth010 :smth009 :smth021 :smth096 :smth093

I can't imagine being afraid to fly...I currently take 4 flights per week for work!
LOL!
My father is afraid of flying.He won'y fly, no mater what and since he can't drive, due to strokes. He stays put, even during  the last big  hurricane evacuation. My parents live in Florida.

My fear is excalators. I won't get on them, no matter what.

melly

I got "stuck" in a lift as a kid..had to jump quite a few feet down when the doors were forced open, eventually..I was on my own, and my friend and I were "racing" each other, her up stairs, me in the lift..yeah yeah, I know, I deserved it for mucking around in one..but, as it started going up, I thought of something I wanted to tell her, and pushed a button to make the lift stop. Stopped alright..between floors... I HATE lifts, just hate them and will avoid them at all costs..
Also, (again as a child) in the UK, after school, I raced across the road, and was missed by a double-decker by a bees whats-it..I can still see the face of the driver..pure terror...and now, my partner has to wait for me whilst crossing roads...I panic a little, and look about 10 times each way before I'll go...led across like a little old lady...   :smth012
" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...

Hero

Quote from: Cure Freak on January 08, 2008, 21:30:36

I totally understand this, once my shoelace got trapped in one and it was really busy. I was stuck at the bottom on my own with all these people being annoyed at me and it started to chew my shoe. So i had to take my shoe off and walk home shoeless  :smth011

disintegration

Datemi un cielo per caderci dentro!
SOLO LA TERNANA!
http://www.ternanashirts.it/
LADY, la luce nel mio buio!

Janko

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear_of_heights

I HAVE TERRIBLE FEAR OF HEIGHTS!
ALL MY NIGHTMARES INVOLVE WALKING OR BEING ON A TALL BUILDINGS, TREES, ...
BESIDES THAT, NOTHING.
Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

Cure Freak

Quote from: Hero on January 09, 2008, 19:35:14
Quote from: Cure Freak on January 08, 2008, 21:30:36

I totally understand this, once my shoelace got trapped in one and it was really busy. I was stuck at the bottom on my own with all these people being annoyed at me and it started to chew my shoe. So i had to take my shoe off and walk home shoeless  :smth011
Sorry to hear that. That is one of the reasons, why I donm't. I fear something onme will get caught in one.

And back to the fear of flying. Our dear sweet Robert had a fear of flying.

Pita

Quote from: silversand on January 06, 2008, 01:38:47
I'm afraid of birds, it's not that i don't like birds. But when i was, i think i was 12 or something, i walked to the garden door at my parents house and suddenly a blackbird flew in front of my face. And a australien parriot flew over my head, the bird was from a class mate.

I have the same phobia  :eek: Something similar happen to me, only that I was a little older (like 16), I was walking in the street and, suddenly, a pigeon appeared in front of my face!! I put my hands in my face and the pigeon hit me... just the sound of their wings scare me  :(
No one ever knows or loves another...

silversand

Quote from: Pita on January 27, 2008, 01:53:06
I have the same phobia  :eek: Something similar happen to me, only that I was a little older (like 16), I was walking in the street and, suddenly, a pigeon appeared in front of my face!! I put my hands in my face and the pigeon hit me... just the sound of their wings scare me  :(

I can understand you very good Pita.
The sound of the wings of a pigeon is strange. And the curr sounds not very good.

I didn't wanted to say and i don't want to say i hate birds, not at all.
For example i like raven and crows very much, because they are clever and the
coat is nice.

frog_s

Hey everyone,

I don't have a real phobia but since a coupla years I'm quite scared of swimming actually. It's not that I'm scared for water or something, I once saw something about someone who had a real phobia and was even scared to take a shower caus of all the water.

For some reason I started getting scared to go to pools from when I was 11 or something. My mum kinda forced me because she thought I was just scared to show myself in a bikini haha. If I was with a friend or something it was okay but I was always so axious to get into the water. After a coupla years it got into my head that it had something to do with the crowd around a pool and such. I am really scared to go in a pool when it's crowded like hell, I guess I'm really affraid to be trembled over and drown. I guess that's also why I would dare to go into the sea whereas I'd turn an invitation for the swiming pool down. If a pool is totally empty, I'd be okay, but I still wouldn't swim like when I was young. I'm just too stressed in the water, it can't be relaxing anymore. Now I think I haven't swum in 4 years in pools and 3 years in the sea.
I also quite often have dreams about that I'm in a big ocean and almost drowing by the waves. But I guess that's not just me!

Cheers