Re-Issues of Disintegration, Wish & Wild Mood Swings

Started by sillyboob, March 30, 2007, 18:05:30

Previous topic - Next topic

sillyboob

Where are they?  Anyone out there have any info?

KingOfSomeIsland

wikipedia says their was a bloodflowers resissue sceduled for late 2007

rjl

Well, wikipedia can say anything, rumor or true...   :?

Hopefully the next batch comes out this summer. But with the album, tour, etc., god knows when.

While we're on the topic of re-issues, what would be nice is a Show/Paris re-release.

Even if they didn't add any other tracks from either set, so long as they remastered/mixed it, I'd buy it. Porl is WAY too quiet on Show... Cut, Never Enough & Doing The Unstuck would be way better if you didn't have to strain to hear him in the mix...

lostflower4

Quote from: rjl on April 02, 2007, 18:34:24
Even if they didn't add any other tracks from either set, so long as they remastered/mixed it, I'd buy it. Porl is WAY too quiet on Show... Cut, Never Enough & Doing The Unstuck would be way better if you didn't have to strain to hear him in the mix...

I'm afraid that any remastering done to these albums (if it ever happens) would be the basic standard: run it through a compressor/maximizer, make it louder, and maybe do a little EQ. I doubt any remixing would take place.

I mean, Porl being too quiet is still a problem in the band. Just listen to the recent live stuff, especially 2005. I'm almost convinced that it's intentional. :roll:

rjl

Quote from: lostflower4 on April 02, 2007, 20:27:28
I'm afraid that any remastering done to these albums (if it ever happens) would be the basic standard: run it through a compressor/maximizer, make it louder, and maybe do a little EQ. I doubt any remixing would take place.

Well, in an ideal world... But yeah, I'm not going to be holding my breath.

It's aggravating, as I love and hate "Show" - great playing, but demands way too much of my attention to hear the really great parts. Grr.

lostflower4

Quote from: rjl on April 02, 2007, 20:32:42It's aggravating, as I love and hate "Show" - great playing, but demands way too much of my attention to hear the really great parts. Grr.

Yeah, I definitely agree. But I was just saying this problem exists a lot in other settings too, which makes it hard for me to believe that anything will ever be done about it.

I mean, can you think of a live recording from 1989 where Porl comes through loud and clear? Fascination Street is always such a letdown, with Porl just completely buried. :(

Entreat sounds great, though. That's about as perfect of a Cure mix as I've ever heard. They should use that as a reference for everything! :D

rjl

And while they are at it, release the whole show! It would look so nice on my shelf with the other reissues!

lostflower4

Quote from: rjl on April 02, 2007, 21:49:03
And while they are at it, release the whole show! It would look so nice on my shelf with the other reissues!

Sure, and maybe even release both shows. Put an end to this mysterious second night that nobody seems to know anything about that (except that a few songs appeared in the official relase).

I've never understood why the second concert has so little info surrounding it. :smth017

japanesebaby

Quote from: lostflower4 on April 02, 2007, 22:03:18
Quote from: rjl on April 02, 2007, 21:49:03

Sure, and maybe even release both shows. Put an end to this mysterious second night that nobody seems to know anything about that (except that a few songs appeared in the official relase).

hmm why bother, it would be just a bunch of poor weesh tour records...  :roll:
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

rjl

Oops... I was referring the Wembley/Entreat.

Although more info. on this second night in Detroit would be interesting. I mean, someone must have been there... And I imagine the show must have happened, as it's pretty expensive (not to mention silly) to rent out a venue like that as a "studio" for re-do's (audio + video) and whatnot.

Then again, wasn't the video for "In Orange" done over the course of two days, one without an audience, and one not? Then again, it was at a venue that wasn't always hosting rock shows, so it probably had better (and cheaper) availability...

Dillinger

really? you mean some shots were done without a crowd at orange? i have a hard time believing that.

and imo it is way too early to be rereleasing wild mood swings, a reissue of an album barely 10 years old? :S

lostflower4

Quote from: farquad92 on April 02, 2007, 23:21:39
really? you mean some shots were done without a crowd at orange? i have a hard time believing that.

Haven't you ever noticed how Robert's guitar "magically" changes during those big zooms on In Between Days? :lol:

rjl

Quote from: lostflower4 on April 02, 2007, 23:47:13

Haven't you ever noticed how Robert's guitar "magically" changes during those big zooms on In Between Days? :lol:

Exactly. They took some extra on-stage footage on the day before the actual show, I believe. Can never have too much footage... and they had the venue + the crew/equipment.

lostflower4

japanesebaby

Quote from: rjl on April 03, 2007, 01:03:49
Quote from: lostflower4 on April 02, 2007, 23:47:13

Exactly. They took some extra on-stage footage on the day before the actual show, I believe. Can never have too much footage... and they had the venue + the crew/equipment.

looks like you'd better join the rest of the believers now... ;)

and imo it is way too early to be rereleasing wild mood swings, a reissue of an album barely 10 years old? :S

didn't placebo's debut album (1996) just come out last year labeled as "10th Anniversary collectors edition", remastered and with a bonus disc?
then again, that was only placebo...  :lol:
some always people seem to need money money money and so they have to do everything to try and sell more more more records...  :roll:
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine