will sweden show the way? [about legalising/fighting torrents]

Started by japanesebaby, January 11, 2008, 11:16:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Poe

Quote from: Steve on January 11, 2008, 19:12:51
& I used to think the Swedes were all a little bit daft.

Oh how dare you have thought such a thought....

Anyhow, being able to download music has actually made me buy more songs, more records than before. I know what I'm spending my money on. Hugely successful services like iTunes music store where you can preview songs are also a good help. I've bought quite a few songs there.

I'd love to see some country try to fine, or imprison, millions of its population, one by one...tsk tsk.
[i]Betty said she prayed today
For the sky to blow away...[/i]

japanesebaby

Quote from: Janko on March 06, 2008, 15:18:47
SO, CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG, N I N USES 9 FREE SONGS FOR A PROMOTION OF A 300 DOLLARS DELUXE PACKAGE...

no. sometimes i think you're a bit too sarcastic, janko...
just read the specs:
http://ghosts.nin.com/main/order_options

so you can download part 1 for free and then go and buy the FULL mp3/apple lossless/FLAC download for $5 (= yes that's five dollars, not $300).

it's up to you alone if you want to buy $300 deluxe edition. you don't get any more songs with that, although you do get a data-DVD with multitracks for all the songs and a hi-def blu-ray edition. but it's not the same as putting up a crazy-ass priced deluxe edition that people have to buy just to get one or two extra songs. this special edition is clearly for either die-hard collectors and people who want to be able to do their own remixes.
i see nothing bad in that.

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Janko

Quote from: japanesebaby on April 12, 2008, 12:32:27

:-D

YES, BUT 300 DOLLARS...
HOW DIE HARD IS THAT?
Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

japanesebaby

Quote from: Janko on April 12, 2008, 13:01:33
Quote from: japanesebaby on April 12, 2008, 12:32:27

:-D

YES, BUT 300 DOLLARS...
HOW DIE HARD IS THAT?

yeah but the point is that one does not have to buy it and it's not like you hinted, that they are promoting that box set with free mp3s. so it's not something they are pushing for their fans, so i can't see anything really awful in it.
but if you ask me if it's something i would pay, then hell no. but the world is full of all kinds of silly people who'll pay it with pleasure - so why not rip them off their money? and besides, if they can put the price of the regular FLAC download down to $5 instead of $15 just because there are a couple of nutcases out there who'll gladly spend $300 on that box, then hey i'm not complaining. :P

(and i've seen people paying over $900 for the cure KM 'first aid' box set on ebay. :shock: again, how die-hard is that then?)

japanesebaby