Do I have to be a member of Megaupload to upload a gig?

Started by krissik, August 21, 2006, 09:00:18

Previous topic - Next topic

krissik

Hi all,
       I have around 60 to 70 Cure concerts all in FLAC. IW ould like to share some of course.  I have some questions about uploading to the group. 
Do I have to be a member of Megauploads to upload to them?
How do you upload to them.........yep thats a good one :-)
Actually if some kind soul can give me the run down on how to do it then I start to share.
Oh yeah I could organise a list of what I have to.  Ok gotta go for now,
                                                                                                   Cheers, Krissik

krissik

oooh sorry for bad spelling :-))
                                           Krissik :-)

cult_hero

you don't have to register at megaupload.

you could also try www.quicksharing.com cos they offer 500 mb but they do not send emails so you have to write down or copy  the link from their homepage

if you want to share use a programm like winzip or winrar to make packages up to 250 mb respectively 500 mb. if you have winrar installed it's very simple: mark all the files or the folder with the files you want to upload. right-click and select "Add to archive". winrar will start. you can change the name if you want, you can compress it as zip or rar and you can determine the file-size (type 250m, 500m or whatever you want).

next step: go to megaupload/quicksharing, search for the created packages on your hdd, fill in the required fields, click the upload-button and wait...

krissik

Hi There Cult Hero,
                           So I take it there is a limit to the size of a file that you can upload at Mega. I have winzip. I assume I could use that to compress my Flacs.  Should I choose any concert to upload or ask the group what they want and see if I have it?
I will give this a try over the next few days. I will be away fishing off and on this week so I will definitely give this a go between that. Thanks for your advice,
                                        Krissik :-)

lostflower4

Quote from: krissik on August 22, 2006, 02:01:37So I take it there is a limit to the size of a file that you can upload at Mega. I have winzip. I assume I could use that to compress my Flacs.

Yes, Megaupload has a limit of 250 MB per download for their free service. However, you can divide the show into smaller parts within this limit with programs like WinRAR.

As for compressing FLAC files, you're really not going to save much space by packing them since it is already a compressed/optimized format. Using something like RAR or ZIP is more useful as a container in this case.

You can also contact some of the members with servers (such as myself) if you're looking for space to host your shows. ;)

Cure

or u can give us ur list & we'll tell u which shows we r missing... ;)

.....or not????
[b]floating here like this with you
underneath the stars
alight for 13 billion years
the view is beautiful
and ours alone tonight
underneath the stars
[/b]

boo

i agree with andreas... use quicksharing.com..... megaupload sucks