What's On Your Mind Atm??

Started by PearlThompsonsBloodflower, January 03, 2018, 22:52:40

Previous topic - Next topic

PearlThompsonsBloodflower

Quote from: Ulrich on April 02, 2018, 11:00:39
Quote from: PearlThompsonsBloodflowers on April 01, 2018, 22:09:57
Quote from: chemicaloverload on April 01, 2018, 11:24:09
Quote from: PearlThompsonsBloodflowers on April 01, 2018, 04:01:26
I'm thinking about my birthday in a few days same day as a close friend of mine and also the title of a Talk Talk song 😍😍😍😍😍

What have you got planned?

not much honestly

"Such a shame".  ;)

Haha my fav Talk Talk song, I know most of it by heart and I know the video by heart completely.

Such A Shame to believe in escape, a laugh on every face, and that's a change. Till I'm finally left with an eight. Tell me to relax, I just stare. Maybe I don't know if I should change a feeling that we share, its a shame. (Such A Shame) Number me with rage, its a shame (Such A Shame), Number me in haste, it's a shame. This eagerness to a change. It's a shame. The dice decide my fate, that's a shame. In these trembling hands my fate, tells me to react, I don't care. Maybe it's unkind if I should change a feeling we share, it's a shame.

Ulrich

Quote from: PearlThompsonsBloodflowers on April 02, 2018, 20:40:49
Haha my fav Talk Talk song, I know most of it by heart and I know the video by heart completely.

Cool. This title did fit so well into your conversation, I just couldn't resist...  :-D
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

PearlThompsonsBloodflower

Quote from: Ulrich on April 03, 2018, 11:27:48
Quote from: PearlThompsonsBloodflowers on April 02, 2018, 20:40:49

Cool. This title did fit so well into your conversation, I just couldn't resist...  :-D

haha yep!!

chemicaloverload

I have work coming out my ears and yet, I'm sitting here, browsing the net, watching Scandal. Why? Because spooks likes to talk. She likes to talk so much that the little hours of quiet I can steal from the night are keeping me sane and from joining in her endless babble.

I'm off again to see my Uncle tomorrow. My dad told me today that he's been 'canoodling' with another resident and was caught by his grandchild kissing the lady. I laughed but the family were so horrified that the poor lady was moved to another unit while his actual wife had to see the Dr for Valium. I know this isn't uncommon for dementia patients, to form other relationships while still being married and to be fair, I'm not against it. I get the hurt that comes with it, but if it keeps that person happy for what little time they have left, then let them be happy, at any cost.

I'm looking forward to lunch tomorrow, when he can get out and be free for an afternoon.

Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves

Ulrich

Quote from: chemicaloverload on April 06, 2018, 00:18:35
I have work coming out my ears and yet, I'm sitting here, browsing the net

Sounds familiar...
However, once work will be done for today (and hopefully the week), I can look towards the weekend, weather should be fine, so I can do something nice (like a walk in the spring air, visiting friends...)!  :)

chemicaloverload

QuoteSounds familiar...
However, once work will be done for today (and hopefully the week), I can look towards the weekend, weather should be fine, so I can do something nice (like a walk in the spring air, visiting friends...)!  :)

A walk in the spring air sounds lovely. Are the spring flowers out?

chemicaloverload

..............fix that above message for me please...  :roll:

One of these days Ulrich, I'll get it right  :D ;)

Ulrich

No probs, that's what I'm here for!  :lol:

Quote from: chemicaloverload on April 06, 2018, 10:40:19

Yes they are!
I heard it was snowing in Scotland - but here it's going to be a warm weekend and the flowers and everything will be "exploding" for sure!  :-D

A Strange Girl

Feeling tired  :roll: Weather is finally getting  hotter at least, I hope this will be therapeutic for my "wild mood swings"  :D

I'm off again to see my Uncle tomorrow. My dad told me today that he's been 'canoodling' with another resident and was caught by his grandchild kissing the lady. I laughed but the family were so horrified that the poor lady was moved to another unit while his actual wife had to see the Dr for Valium. I know this isn't uncommon for dementia patients, to form other relationships while still being married and to be fair, I'm not against it. I get the hurt that comes with it, but if it keeps that person happy for what little time they have left, then let them be happy, at any cost.

Some of my family members take care of people with Alzheimer (it's their job) and I know how difficult it can be to deal with this illness  :( Hope you'll have a fantastic lunch together!
...I think you come from another world...

chemicaloverload

Quote from: Ulrich on April 06, 2018, 11:47:36
No probs, that's what I'm here for!  :lol:

Quote from: chemicaloverload on April 06, 2018, 10:40:19

Yes they are!
I heard it was snowing in Scotland - but here it's going to be a warm weekend and the flowers and everything will be "exploding" for sure!  :-D

It was!!! Unbelievable. It was snowing most of the weekend. I need the flowers  :(

chemicaloverload

Quote from: A Strange Girl on April 06, 2018, 14:41:44
Feeling tired  :roll: Weather is finally getting  hotter at least, I hope this will be therapeutic for my "wild mood swings"  :D

Some of my family members take care of people with Alzheimer (it's their job) and I know how difficult it can be to deal with this illness  :( Hope you'll have a fantastic lunch together!

Thank you SG, we had a lovely afternoon  :)  He was really lucid at times. Lots of laughs and cuddles too. He was rubbing my hands because they were cold which was beautifully touching, so he's still there, just under the cloud of illness.

A Strange Girl

Quote from: chemicaloverload on April 06, 2018, 15:57:53
He was really lucid at times. Lots of laughs and cuddles too. He was rubbing my hands because they were cold which was beautifully touching, so he's still there, just under the cloud of illness.
This is so sweet and moving! Glad to heat that you had a nice time together :) he is lucky to have such a good family by his side, spending quality time with him
...I think you come from another world...

chemicaloverload

Quote from: A Strange Girl on April 06, 2018, 19:44:36
He was really lucid at times. Lots of laughs and cuddles too. He was rubbing my hands because they were cold which was beautifully touching, so he's still there, just under the cloud of illness.
This is so sweet and moving! Glad to heat that you had a nice time together :) he is lucky to have such a good family by his side, spending quality time with him

Awww that is such a lovely thing to say SG, thank you ever so much, I appreciate the kind words.

Ulrich

Hey, you can actually quote, it worked here!  :o  ;)

Quote from: A Strange Girl on April 06, 2018, 14:41:44

Thank you SG, we had a lovely afternoon  :)  He was really lucid at times. Lots of laughs and cuddles too. He was rubbing my hands because they were cold which was beautifully touching, so he's still there, just under the cloud of illness.

Glad to hear that, so it was a good afternoon for all of you!  :)

chemicaloverload

Hahaha I can Ulrich, but not quite to your standard yet, getting there!

Thank you, it was. Enjoy your sunny afternoon out and about :)