my favorites:

19.07.10 Kaisaniemi Park, Helsinki, Finland
21.07.10 Venue TBA, Stockholm, Sweden
23.07.10 Bergenhus Festning, Bergen, Norway

:rocker
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Plainsong

I saw them here Monday night and they were AMAZING! So much energy. I am jealous of you who get to see multiple shows!

fiction

My son likes them so I´ll join him for the nite in Sthlm. That´ll be an early birthday present.
again and again and again and again and again and...

crowbi_wan

Quote from: Plainsong on March 19, 2010, 14:59:52
I saw them here Monday night and they were AMAZING! So much energy. I am jealous of you who get to see multiple shows!

Jealous that you got to see them on this tour already.  I haven't, yet.  Soon, though, very soon.  Three shows in three days (Vancouver, Seattle, and Portland)!  And then in September I'll be off to Wembley for both gigs.  :rocker

Quote from: japanesebaby on March 19, 2010, 09:09:31
a nice bunch of new summer dates have been annouced:

http://www.musewiki.org/Gigs#2009

my favorites:

19.07.10 Kaisaniemi Park, Helsinki, Finland
21.07.10 Venue TBA, Stockholm, Sweden
23.07.10 Bergenhus Festning, Bergen, Norway

:rocker

Good stuff for you indeed.  :smth023

You know, I must say I'm a bit bothered by how Muse announce shows.  They'll announce a few, some bigger shows many months in advance, which get people to travel to them.  Then, they'll come back and announce  a string of shows in various other places.  I very well may have skipped Wembley and gone to the three Scandinavian shows had I known about them back in October when I purchased Wembley tickets.  Oh well.  I shouldn't complain.  Wembley is going to be special.  Not that these summer shows won't be.  But Wembley.  Just compare the setlists and stage to those from other stops from around the same time.   

japanesebaby

Quote from: crowbi_wan on March 20, 2010, 04:02:30
You know, I must say I'm a bit bothered by how Muse announce shows.  They'll announce a few, some bigger shows many months in advance, which get people to travel to them. 

say no more. though i guess it can be said these aren't regular tour shows but more like summer festival shows, that partially explains the way they've been announced.

set list wise it's not a bad idea to try to catch some special shows because muse tends to stick to almost identical set list during regular tours as we know. the wembley shows might have something special in store whereas the scandinavian shows are probably going to be "just" regular shows.

crowbi_wan

Quote from: japanesebaby on March 20, 2010, 05:57:30
Quote from: crowbi_wan on March 20, 2010, 04:02:30
You know, I must say I'm a bit bothered by how Muse announce shows.  They'll announce a few, some bigger shows many months in advance, which get people to travel to them. 

say no more. though i guess it can be said these aren't regular tour shows but more like summer festival shows, that partially explains the way they've been announced.

set list wise it's not a bad idea to try to catch some special shows because muse tends to stick to almost identical set list during regular tours as we know. the wembley shows might have something special in store whereas the scandinavian shows are probably going to be "just" regular shows.

Sure, a lot of these shows are festivals, which of course can't be announced until the organizers release the entire lineup.  But there are still several Muse-only shows.  And it's not like this is a new practice for them.  They've been announcing a few shows at a for at least the last few tours.  Well, at least that's how they do it in the US.  Whatever happened to just making an announcement with "x" amount of dates?  This three, four, five at a time thing is just so strange.  Some fans in Florida and portions of the midwest really got screwed because they kept thinking more shows would be announced only never were.   

japanesebaby

Quote from: crowbi_wan on March 20, 2010, 06:23:49
Whatever happened to just making an announcement with "x" amount of dates?  This three, four, five at a time thing is just so strange.  Some fans in Florida and portions of the midwest really got screwed because they kept thinking more shows would be announced only never were.   

true. they could at least tell if they are planning to add more shows, even if they didn't know the exact dates/locations. this time they have disappointed many fans that wanted to see them, that's true. and made many others travel unnecessarily.
oh well, these damn rock (semi-)millionaires - what do they really care? they've forgotten how it is when you do have to count every penny that you earn.

crowbi_wan

Quote from: japanesebaby on March 20, 2010, 06:31:21
Quote from: crowbi_wan on March 20, 2010, 06:23:49
Whatever happened to just making an announcement with "x" amount of dates?  This three, four, five at a time thing is just so strange.  Some fans in Florida and portions of the midwest really got screwed because they kept thinking more shows would be announced only never were.   

true. they could at least tell if they are planning to add more shows, even if they didn't know the exact dates/locations. this time they have disappointed many fans that wanted to see them, that's true. and made many others travel unnecessarily.
oh well, these damn rock (semi-)millionaires - what do they really care? they've forgotten how it is when you do have to count every penny that you earn.

Yep.  There are rumors of a return to the US after Wembley (in October).  At least Matt tweeted about an LA gig.  They did the same thing in previous years, coming back to play LA and SF.  It wouldn't surprise me to see them hit up the areas they missed during this first run of dates at that point, though  I hope they do.  A lot of fans were really pissed off after the band had said this would be the biggest US tour to date.  Pretty hard to do more (arena) shows than the amount of clubs they played while touring for Absolution.  Anyway, if they do come back in October, announce all the dates at one time.  I'd hate to not see a Seattle date on there, buy my ticket to LA/SF, and then get a Seattle date added later.  Ah, who am I kidding?  I'd go and and enjoy the Cali dates and Seattle.  It's just so frustrating and EXPENSIVE!   

japanesebaby

Quote from: crowbi_wan on March 20, 2010, 06:42:55
Yep.  There are rumors of a return to the US after Wembley (in October).  At least Matt tweeted about an LA gig.  They did the same thing in previous years, coming back to play LA and SF.  It wouldn't surprise me to see them hit up the areas they missed during this first run of dates at that point, though  I hope they do.

it's very much possible, i'd say even likely, as they've done that before. for instance on the first leg of the black holes tour in 2006 they totally skipped scandinavia, all countries, only played the mainland europe. that was annoying. but then they came back in 2007 and did an entire  scandinavian/eastern european tour. so in the end they did deliver even for those people who didn't want to travel.

A lot of fans were really pissed off after the band had said this would be the biggest US tour to date.  Pretty hard to do more (arena) shows than the amount of clubs they played while touring for Absolution.

i guess "the biggest" must have meant biggest venues then, not the number of shows. at least so far.

crowbi_wan

Quote from: japanesebaby on March 20, 2010, 06:52:10
 A lot of fans were really pissed off after the band had said this would be the biggest US tour to date.  Pretty hard to do more (arena) shows than the amount of clubs they played while touring for Absolution.

i guess "the biggest" must have meant biggest venues then, not the number of shows. at least so far.

That's the way I took the quote where as most did not.  Biggest meaning venues, and/or a grand show (stage design).  That much is true.  The stage is pretty massive.  They've played arenas here during the last tour, but just two short runs that were separated by a month.  This tour is all arenas and quite a few dates.  Some places they haven't played in a while (Baltimore, Vancouver).  It's certainly a "big" tour.         

crowbi_wan

Hmmmm...their gig from SXSW was supposed to air on MySpace last night.  Seems there were audio issues, so only Stockholm Syndrome and Knights of Cydonia are available.  However, the banner says another US show will be available soon.  Hey, I have three shows coming up!  I wonder if one will be filmed?  :shock:  My guess is that it will be Coachella since they always broadcast the headliners, although MySpace isn't involved with that.  Fingers crossed for one of the NW shows to be filmed.

Other news just announced was a Fall tour.  There have been tweets and rumors of a return, just as I mentioned above.  Good to see it's been made official now.  Okay Muse, do it right and announce all of the dates at one time.  ;) 

fiction

Hmmm. They´re gonna play at Zinkensdamms IP which is mainly famous as being the home turf for Hammarby´s bandy team (they actually went Swedish champions today) but is not such a great venue for concerts. Well it´s located in the nicest part of Stockholm so one or two beers should go down smoothly before or after.

http://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zinkensdamms_IP

fiction

The tickets are sold for 52 euro in Sweden. What do you pay in other countries?

fiction

What kind of cheap trick is this silly deal with "Choose the Setlists"? I don´t want a prefabricated silly setlist with fan lures (wants). I want them to play the songs they feel like playing. Crap! Might as well put on a cd with som fan craved songs. This is really a low! Resistance?! Against what? Creativity?

crowbi_wan

Quote from: fiction on April 06, 2010, 17:47:20
What kind of cheap trick is this silly deal with "Choose the Setlists"? I don´t want a prefabricated silly setlist with fan lures (wants). I want them to play the songs they feel like playing. Crap! Might as well put on a cd with som fan craved songs. This is really a low! Resistance?! Against what? Creativity?

What's wrong with getting a little fan input?  They've already done a tour in Europe to support the latest album and play the set they wanted to play.  Beises, the page states the band will endeavour to include at least one from the top five in the setlist at each show!  I look at this as a way to have a unique show, not some same boring set each and every time out.  It's not like they're picking some random fan's dream set.  It's just one song the band will then incorporate into their set.  My hat is off to Muse for doing this.  Would be nice to see other bands do such a thing.