Super Bowl XLII

Started by lostflower4, February 04, 2008, 06:49:10

Previous topic - Next topic

lostflower4

What a game.  :shock: 

I'm not really a Giants fan, but I was glad to see them pull off the upset.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=280203017

As a 49ers fan myself, there was a time where I absolutely hated the Giants, but the Patriots just rub me the wrong way (sorry to any of their fans out there).

Maybe they aren't the greatest team of all time after all. Big difference between 18-1 and 19-0...

crowbi_wan

I'm not a fan of either team and had no money on the games, so I wasn't really into it.  Happy to see the Patriots get knocked off I suppose.  But then I personally think Eli Manning is a little punk for demanding a trade to play for a better team in a larger market.  As far as the Pats being the greatest team ever, it's too difficult to tell.  Sure, the '72 Dolphins went undefeated and won the Super Bowl.  However, they only played 14 games back then.  Who's to say they wouldn't have lost a game or two in a 16 game season?  In any case, the Patriots always seem to be in some nail biter Super Bowls.  Great fourth quarter tonight.     

japanesebaby

i was surprised to find that our channel 3 did broadcast the game here live (they never show any other games for sure).
i wouldn't have even noticed but i happened to wake up around 5 am and had forgot the tv on. the last minutes were just on so i watched the rest of it - although i don't even understand anything about the game anyway, all i see if guys running around and falling on top of each other on a regular basis. :P
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

crowbi_wan

Marika, I'll explain the game to you next month  ;)

japanesebaby

maybe you can start by explaining why the game is called FOOTball when most of the time it really looks more like HANDball to me. i've always find it somehow confusing.
from what i've gathered sometimes they suddenly do decide that one dude may kick the ball once (but only once!) and even then they kick it off the field for some reason. :smth017 and then that's pretty much it about playing FOOTball and  everyone continues running around and the ball is clearly being passed from one dude to another in a HANDball fashion. :smth017

:lol:
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine