What made you feel sad today?

Started by scatcat, November 16, 2007, 15:08:49

Previous topic - Next topic

sues777

Quote from: Hero on February 03, 2008, 22:32:51
I feel sad today because someone in my family died this morning. It doesn't feel real though. People keep crying and talking about funerals but i dont know how to feel about it.
I'm really sorry to hear that Hero.  Love and strength to you and your family....

Quote from: Meddy on February 04, 2008, 03:49:42
My boyfriend left me. :smth022
Hang in there Meddy!!  Oh, and I find a wall of pillows helps in a cold bed....
The further we go, and older we grow, the more we know the less we show

Meddy

Well, I can leave this thread now!!!! :lol:  We sat down, and had a heart to heart talk, and their was some compromising going on, and we are going to give it one last go!!!! And well, we actually agreed that we have something, and to keep it you gotta make things work if you want it bad enough.  Yippeee me.
"I want to live deeply, and suck the marrow from life." HDT

scatcat

Quote from: Meddy on February 05, 2008, 21:10:32
Well, I can leave this thread now!!!! :lol:  We sat down, and had a heart to heart talk, and their was some compromising going on, and we are going to give it one last go!!!! And well, we actually agreed that we have something, and to keep it you gotta make things work if you want it bad enough.  Yippeee me.

really happy now.. for u meddy..!!  :smth023
promise me sweetie..
don't ever let someone diminish or take away your spirit, or personal strength.    :smth027

hold yourself high, and recieve for once in your life.. xx
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

Meddy

Ah thanks!  Oh, I have done the whole letting yourself be diminished thing before with out realizing it, but not anymore.  I know the signs and when to bee line it. :lol:
"I want to live deeply, and suck the marrow from life." HDT

dsanchez

I just presented my resignation letter :smth088
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

scatcat

Quote from: dsanchez on February 08, 2008, 16:41:59
I just presented my resignation letter :smth088

are they going to offer you more $$ to stay?? Guess this is out of the question.
Someone i know, is changing careers... it is hard, closing one door... very scary and emotional :another opening, trepidation and excitment for the future..

remember u got the girl!!  ;)
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

silversand

Don't feel sad David :(
I can only imagine how hard it is to quit the job you like very much, leave friends and family behind. But on the other hand, maybe open up new possibilities  :)

melly

a neighbour "opened up" a bit to me, and told me this; their eldest son ( 4 kids) is gay, and when his grandfather found out, he disowned this child. The old " he's no grandson of MINE" was said; soul destroying for the boy, his parents and siblings. Fast forward to present day, the gay son lives overseas, the grandfather is now old and sick... his wife and friends have died, and he now seeking atonement for his actions many years ago. Hmmm... my neighbour ( the young mans' Mum) has disregarded the grandfather ( her father in law) for many, many years, and is finding it so hard to forgive this man for what he did and said about their first born. How sad...the situation.... I can imagine how Mum is feeling, let's face it, we love and protect our kids no matter what their path in life. We love them unconditionally really.... I honestly don't know how I would react to this... the grandfather seeking family acceptance... is it out of love and realising he was so, so wrong....or is it because he is old and lonely??  Could I ever forgive such an outburst and rejection of my child by a grandparent?  I say no...but that's easy when it's not me.... sad, very sad...
" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...

Carnage Visor

Quote from: melly on February 22, 2008, 09:36:03
a neighbour "opened up" a bit to me, and told me this; their eldest son ( 4 kids) is gay, and when his grandfather found out, he disowned this child. The old " he's no grandson of MINE" was said;

That's just awful, Melly. I'm really sorry about that...

I never understood how a person's sexuality can ruin a family like that. Why can't people just accept each other's sexual preferences and let them live in peace? Nobody should have to be treated like that because of how they were made...there is nothing wrong with being gay and he should get just as much love from grandpa as any other child.

It's no wonder so many children and teenagers are repressing their homosexuality instead of embracing it, with so many judgemental and prejudice people out there, it's got to be hard for them to come to grips with who they are and realize that there is NOTHING wrong with them.

I hope everything turns out okay for him, Melly. He seems to be having a pretty hard life as of now. And the poor mom. I send my love!  :)

Carnage Visor

I'm sorry for double posting.

I just wanted to announce a tragedy that has happened at my school.

This week, I found out that a student who had been missing from our school for a while had actually been out because he was diagnosed with cancer. We are all very sad and worried about him. The teachers said he'd be coming back soon, but warned us not to make mention of it or overwhelm him with attention, so as to not alienate him or make him feel awkward. Problem here is we're dealing with a group of mixed nuts (teenagers) with various mental/emotional problems...so you never know what to expect. For example:

I was even more saddened when a classmate of mine said aloud, "If he comes back bald, I'll probably laugh my ass off!" I was truely sickened and appauled by such a crass remark, and the fact that this boy would crack jokes about such a serious matter! Some were thinking of calling him "BALDY"!!!  :x  :smth011

In fact, I shot back at this *a-hole* and told him if he said anything to this boy or even bothered him, I would knock his damn block off! (a threat I will never carry out...I don't believe in violence as conflict resolution). He wasn't the only one cracking jokes about it...I don't think anyone grasped the seriousness of the situation.

This was a boy I had known and had started to become casual friends with at school, and I'm sure he had many friends there already as well, so it was strikingly awful to hear this news on Wednesday. The week went downhill from there...and I don't blame anyone.

Aside from that, one of our staff member's husbands died recently, and they have been away quite a while at his funeral and such...it's very tramatic, all the bad things happening at our school recently. I didn't know this man, but it's still very unfortunate.

Many changes are being made to the curriculum to better fit our ever-changing student body and staff. Things seem to be falling apart...both in my life and the lives of my friends and teachers. People were generally grief-striken all week (for many different, un-related reasons)...there's just alot of bad karma and vibes floating around that place.

I hope everything turns out alright. Hopefully the cancer is not benign (and I was informed it woudln't be) but it's still very scary and nerve-wrecking for all of us.

I'm praying for the best for everyone! :)

CureCrusader

sorry to hear that CV.
sounds like a bad time.
benign cancer is better than malignant, so i hope your pal has good support.
ignoring or not mentioning it can be worse sometimes, as this person may be in an already isolated place. If he is a friend, maybe in time you can talk to him about it and it might help him feel better.

I'm sad today because someone I know is very unwell also.  :cry:
Who am I? Who are you? Is this world what we percieve it to be? Do we even exist?

sues777

Hey CV and CureCrusader - I'm really sorry to hear your friends are unwell.  Sending them strength and hoping they recover soon.  Hang in there guys....
The further we go, and older we grow, the more we know the less we show

Carnage Visor

Thanks, homies!  :-D

Today was nice at the least. My friend came back, head covered. I watched with a keen eye for that one boy who said that he'd "laugh if he saw [blank] bald".

Luckily, he kept his mouth shut and the kid seemed to have a good day from what I could tell. Nobody bombarded him with attention or questions. It was as if he was perfectly fine! He is so brave and strong, it takes alot of courage to go back to school after something like that. I'm very happy for him.

We had to tell this kid, "Don't go up to him and say, 'I'm very sorry, how bad is it?', because whereas it may show him that you care, it might make him feel uncomfortable too." All this kid needs is to feel welcomed, normal, and accepted. Being treated like you're sick is never a good feeling, and I should know from experiences I've had in the past.

melly

We ( in South Australia) are in yet another heatwave. Day upon day of 100 plus, no relief in sight...no rain, I can't even remember the last time the sky opened up....it's terrible, our State is suffering....on the East coast of Australia, it's raining, pouring, they are having floods, destruction and sadness for people losing their belongings....South Australia has always been known as the dryest State in the dryest Continent on earth...but this long, scorching spell is bringing us to our knees...strict water restrictions have been in place for some time....our rainwater tank is all but empty....the river Murray, the prime source of water for most, is nearly dead, simpering and trickling, not the raging torrent it should, and used to be.... please...rain.....please....
" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...