2023.11.27 Montevideo

crowbi_wan

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

crowbi_wan

japanesebaby

QuoteDon't Phunk With My Heart - Black Eyed Peas

btw there's a group i should add to my 'artists you can't stand'.

ok finally, i've been waiting for the opportuity to post this: :D

Boy Cruise - Don't Hassel The Hoff

:O :8

http://www.myspace.com/theboycruise

QuoteDepends how you interprete it

it's not a question of interpretation (let's not make the rules even more complicated than they already are by adding interpretations to the list...).

bon jovi - OUT of bounds

Gods of Luxury - No Bounds

= the word 'bound' has been used ONCE already which is the maximum

Party Out of BOUNDS - B-52's

= 'the same word was used as a linking word for the second time - which is too much.

so, the rules would be so much more simple if they said "the same word may not be used as a linking word TWICE in a row". that's what it's supposed to mean.
i've edited the rules to say this clearly, because it's just too messy now.

i agree, too many rules make this ridiculous. but there's no point of just saying "let's not care, just continue - because why would we even have any rules then in the first place? ;)

btw: i'm unable to quote anyone (have to copy-paste everything manually), just get an error saying 'session verification failed'. :?:
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Trust...

I'm not sure about this ???

The Simple Minds - Streets Hassle

Simple Minds Street Hassle

And I did already a research  :-D if this counts then my song also?

"Hassel" is a common misspelling or typo for: hassle.

Even the spell check gave the word hassle for the word HASSEL ?

Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x

dsanchez

Quote from: japanesebaby on January 16, 2010, 08:41:08
QuoteDepends how you interprete it
it's not a question of interpretation (let's not make the rules even more complicated than they already are by adding interpretations to the list...).

I think it is. You had an interpretation of Trust's example, which was correct for me, but not for you.

so, the rules would be so much more simple if they said "the same word may not be used as a linking word TWICE in a row". that's what it's supposed to mean.

"the same word may not be used as a linking word TWICE in a row" is not right.

Actually the example of the rules is pretty clear. Person 1 uses a song BASED on the word "never" (as "Never enough"), then Peson 2 can also use a song BASED in the word "never" as "Never let me down again", however, person 3 can NOT used a song BASED in the word "Never".

Quote from: japanesebaby on January 16, 2010, 08:41:08i agree, too many rules make this ridiculous

When I proposed this game there was only one rule: take a word from a song and propose another song OR propose a different song with the same artist. New rules were proposed for different members later, so now we have to live with it ;)

Quotebut there's no point of just saying "let's not care, just continue - because why would we even have any rules then in the first place? ;)

I personally won't point any mistake unless I see a person using the same word all over or similar. For pointing mistakes I encourage people to do it by private message so we let the game going on.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

crowbi_wan

japanesebaby

Quote from: Trust... on January 16, 2010, 14:00:20
I'm not sure about this ???

The Simple Minds - Streets Hassle

Simple Minds Street Hassle

And I did already a research  :-D if this counts then my song also?

"Hassel" is a common misspelling or typo for: hassle.

Even the spell check gave the word hassle for the word HASSEL ?

it's fine with me. ;)

Quote from: dsanchez on January 16, 2010, 14:43:21

"the same word may not be used as a linking word TWICE in a row" is not right.

Actually the example of the rules is pretty clear. Person 1 uses a song BASED on the word "never" (as "Never enough"), then Peson 2 can also use a song BASED in the word "never" as "Never let me down again", however, person 3 can NOT used a song BASED in the word "Never".

Quote from: dsanchez on January 16, 2010, 14:43:21
Quote from: japanesebaby on January 16, 2010, 08:41:08i agree, too many rules make this ridiculous

When I proposed this game there was only one rule: take a word from a song and propose another song OR propose a different song with the same artist. New rules were proposed for different members later, so now we have to live with it ;)

david, that's the whole problem here. i think everyone else is using the rule the way i wrote it, apart from you.
look: i proposed this rule and i clearly said "twice in a row": http://curefans.com/index.php/topic,6493.msg67147.html#msg67147
you interpreted that wrong and made a rule that said "three times in a row" - and therefore, all this - should i say, hassle (or hassel  :-D).

i very clearly suggested that the same word shouldn't be used as a link more than twice. and that's the way people have been trying to play this game too, so far.

Quote from: dsanchez on January 16, 2010, 14:43:21I personally won't point any mistake unless I see a person using the same word all over or similar. For pointing mistakes I encourage people to do it by private message so we let the game going on.

nobody here is pointing out mistakes just for the sake of it. i've pointed out mistakes, yes - but i've also made mistakes myself and someoe else has pointed it out. no big deal at all.
personally i see no point of sending some pms if it has no effect on what's going on - why even send any pms then? i don't get it.

why don't we introduce the rules that were written down the way crowbi proposed them (privately). they were so much more simple to grasp and very clear to understand.
it's just a game after all, let's use the clear rules and save all of our time.
:)
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Trust...

Hey it's not a big deal. All this becaus I've made a mistake  :roll: Honestly I didn't saw it, when I look at the earlier posts I always look two songs earlier and I didn't saw it, If I did, I shouldn't take "BOUNDS" again.

And I guess it's better "less discuss and let's play more"  :-D With all these long messages in between you can't
see easily wat you should see, just the earlier songs  ;) This game can be simple, we just make it to complex I think. My opinion  ;)

dsanchez

Quotei very clearly suggested that the same word shouldn't be used as a link more than twice. and that's the way people have been trying to play this game too, so far.

And that's what's on the rules

http://curefans.com/index.php/topic,6493.0.html

Poster 1: Never Enough

Poster 2: Never Let me Down again (OK)

Poster 3: Never ending story (NOT OK, have been used twice before)

Am I wrong?
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Trust...

crowbi_wan

I think a better way to look at this rule is to say the common word can only be used once.  It doesn't get any clearer than that.  No room for interpretation.  ;)