Funny Robert Stuff

Started by Tristan Berlin, May 03, 2006, 14:42:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady

Quote from: revolt on August 01, 2008, 11:34:08
About Robert’s first times with Mary:

“We were at someone’s party, a fancy dress party. I went as a surgeon. I remember because I poured all this tomato ketchup down me. At the time I thought it was a really good idea, but after an hour it really began to stink.”

A "really good idea"...  :shock: :-D
Of course!! :D
To use ketchup for pretending to bleed is always a good idea!!! :lol: ;)
[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

wish-man

Quote from: revolt on August 01, 2008, 11:34:08
About Robert's first times with Mary:

"We were at someone's party, a fancy dress party. I went as a surgeon. I remember because I poured all this tomato ketchup down me. At the time I thought it was a really good idea, but after an hour it really began to stink."

A "really good idea"...  :shock: :-D

Is this was on tht party when Robert lost his virginity?  :oops:

23 ... Robert lost his virginity at age 15? He lost it with Mary at a costume party.

bloody hell  :shock: link
and the way the rain comes down thats how I feel inside...

wish-man

fakes 'funny stuff'  :D

THIS IS FAKE, JSUT BCUZ THE CURE WILL NEVER DIE! ;)

ANOTHER FAKE/DEMO 'THE CURE' COVER!  :smth023

wish-man

Poe

I found this written interview with Robert from 1991, mainly focusing on the impending lawsuit from Lol, but there were also a few bits that just made me laugh...

QuoteHe describes it as a process of great frustration and finds songwriting increasingly difficult. As the years pass, he aspires to higher standards, finds he's exhausted certain topics, and inspiration is harder to come by. Ideas or phrases come to him in the middle of the night, or when drunk...

Sometimes I sit down and get drunk just so that I can write something. What I drink depends on what I want to write. I drink a three litre box of red wine if I want something really morose, and I drink cider if I want something more upbeat...

This frequently fails.

Ha! All that effort for nothing?  ;)

QuoteAt one time he'd stay up all night and just sleep when he felt tired. Now he and Mary have a routine of sorts: up between 11 and midday, go to sleep between four and six in the morning. Sometimes they go on "days out". Last week they went to Sisbury rings in Sussex, an old Iron Age fort, to watch the sunrise. Some people there were "getting back to their ancestors", singing and chanting. They were naked.

Mary said, Why are these people always around when you're here? For once it had nothing to do with me...

On seeing naked revellers in a strange place she'd naturally think you were responsible?

Normally, Smith nods, that would be Mary's first assumption.

How...disturbing? Bless you Mary.

Anyhow, the next quote: Robert does have a bit of a temper, doesn't he? But he tries to make the best of it...

QuoteNow when he watches TV he no longer suffers things he hates in silence. He phones up to complain. Old codger's behaviour?

It is and it isn't, he mutters. More people should do it. It's the only way to make a difference. I phone to complain about questions in quiz shows, and the tone of programmes. And about Jim Davidson. Have you ever met anyone who thinks he's funny? Or engaging, in any way?

"Questions in quiz shows"? "The TONE of programmes"? Sounds like hardcore "codgery" to me. ;D Wouldn't want to be on the other end of that phone line when Robert gets fired up about something...of course, I could ask him to send a written complaint, signed and everything, so I could put it up on the wall. Wouldn't mind that.
[i]Betty said she prayed today
For the sky to blow away...[/i]

revolt

Quote from: wish-man on August 01, 2008, 22:15:52

(click on the image)

I'm sure Robert would take some of his time to personally strangle you for posting something like this... :smth011

coxoxi

Quote from: Poe on July 28, 2008, 18:33:23
Well, I don't think this one has been posted here before: picture (follow the link) of Robert looking like a real rockstar.  8) Don't forget to read his comment at the bottom, especially the part about the midnight swim...

http://www.picturesofyou.us/85/85-12-swiss-rs-inipool.htm

Show me the way to go home...

Knicked this one off another forum. Yep. Gardening is hard work... :lol:

and this is soooo cute  :smth050

japanesebaby

that's from '95, when they were headlining glastonbury festival. and glastonbury is famous for it's MUD. so perhaps nothing to do with gardening i think... ;)

the pic was a famous cover for NME june 24th 1995 issue, "kiss and muck up!":

the article/interview inside was called 'grapes of goth', i recall it was somehow funny.
i have a copy of that NME somewhere, i need to check.
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Poe

Glastonbury eh? Those filthy festivals, hehe... Thanks for the info, probably haven't read that interview/article...

Well, I do have some other pictures. Here's one of Robert "shooting" himself, while making perhaps one of his top 10 silliest faces:

And, yeah, I guess things weren't going so well here...

:-D
[i]Betty said she prayed today
For the sky to blow away...[/i]

japanesebaby

Quote from: Poe on August 06, 2008, 18:00:47
Glastonbury eh? Those filthy festivals, hehe...

glastonbury mud hole claims two more victims

:P

oh no! :eek::

last year ('07) was pretty bad there, some lovely pics by bbc ->
http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/music/newsid_7334000/7334195.stm

i'll look up for that NME article.

mint car

Quote from: japanesebaby on August 06, 2008, 18:10:49oh no! :eek::

last year ('07) was pretty bad there, some lovely pics by bbc ->
http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/music/newsid_7334000/7334195.stm

i'll look up for that NME article.

ufff  :lol:
[i]...sleep sweet child the moon will change your mind...[/i]

revolt

Quote from: japanesebaby on August 06, 2008, 14:14:47

that's from '95, when they were headlining glastonbury festival. and glastonbury is famous for it's MUD. so perhaps nothing to do with gardening i think... ;)

the article/interview inside was called 'grapes of goth', i recall it was somehow funny.

By the way, there is a great 90's artist mentioned on that NME cover... and no, I'm not referring to Robert Smith.

japanesebaby

Quote from: revolt on August 07, 2008, 11:08:14

By the way, there is a great 90's artist mentioned on that NME cover... and no, I'm not referring to Robert Smith.

i pray that you don't mean oasis... :eek:

(or poo fi... - sorry: foo fighters either)

seriously though, stone roses.
although everyone says their first album was great and second was crap whereas i think it's completely the other way round, 'second coming' is a really good album.

revolt

Quote from: japanesebaby on August 07, 2008, 11:21:54

although everyone says their first album was great and second was crap whereas i think it's completely the other way round, 'second coming' is a really good album.

Well, WRONG!  ;) In two different ways: Stone Roses' first album is the better, IMO. I am really not fond of Led Zeppelin re-hashes unless they are done by Plant or Page themselves. But the artist I was talking about is Goldie. His "Timeless" album is not only, well, timeless, but it actually was (and still is) ahead of its time. For me, hands down the best overall album from the 90's.

japanesebaby

Quote from: revolt on August 07, 2008, 11:32:30
Quote from: japanesebaby on August 07, 2008, 11:21:54

Well, WRONG!  ;) In two different ways: Stone Roses' first album is the better, IMO. I am really not fond of Led Zeppelin re-hashes unless they are done by Plant or Page themselves. But the artist I was talking about is Goldie. His "Timeless" album is not only, well, timeless, but it actually was (and still is) ahead of its time. For me, hands down the best overall album from the 90's.

no, i think i was RIGHT! ;)  :-D
led zep re-hashes are lame if they are poorly done and have no insight of their own (those exist too), but 'second coming' is genuinely good, not a rip off.

(goldie? - hmm...
anyway i think we should move to another thread to continue this or we'll soon end up turning every thread on this forum into a 90's thread and the staff needs to hire a new mod to simply to moderate us. ;))

on-topic:
was lol really THAT short??: