Robert Smith bothered by fans - Brighton 1994

Started by dsanchez, March 05, 2007, 14:22:39

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

Update: The person who published the videos in youtube.com made them not longer available to the public, so dont try the links below as they wont work anymore.

Two polemic videos have been published in Youtube.com just few days ago. The videos show how some italian fans invade Robert's privacy and really bother him!...It's really embarassing. The videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vs6Lj5qe958

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wi2wzIh6AyE

Somehow it reminds me the film "The fan" with Robert De Niro. In this film he kidnaped his idol's son and really caused him a lot of trouble. This kind of fans are really sick  :?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e5Yac9KC30
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Matti

I've been watching the discussion about this on the curiosity board which made me decide to not look for/at this stuff. I guess the longer I think about the band, the less I'm interested in the "real" R.S.
and we close our eyes to sleep
to dream a boy and girl
who dream the world is nothing but a dream

japanesebaby

yes, it's rather embarrassing and disturbing.
and what makes it even more so is that some people used to (/still do) also trade these videos, even labeling them as "rare trade"... like it was something really important and interesting to have/obtain/see.
:roll:

i agree with matti, the more i spend time with the music the less i care about the person/people behind it....

"the further i get from the things that i care about
the less i care about how much further away i get..."
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Lady

embarassing? Why??? :D

Robert was lovely with those guys and they were so excited...it was surely the best day of their life :roll:

what a luck!!! :-D

I know that we're always too "warm"!!  :lol:
[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

dsanchez

I think it's not nice going into someone's privacy. They were awful fans and the poor Bob looked soooo scared  :cry:

Quote from: Lady on March 05, 2007, 17:00:22
embarassing? Why??? :D

Robert was lovely with those guys and they were so excited...it was surely the best day of their life :roll:

what a luck!!! :-D

I know that we're always too "warm"!!  :lol:
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

japanesebaby

Quote from: Lady on March 05, 2007, 17:00:22
i think robert is clearly very annoyed and disturbed there but he's just trying to stay being polite, for the fans' sake - which makes it pretty awful to watch: because he's being so polite while the fans are being completely outrageous in what they do. honestly he could have told them to piss off and he would have been completely right! but he's the one (only one!) with manners!
hmm, surely a great day for these fans... but is that any sort of excuse to go and invade anyone's privacy?
it's quite different to go hanging out on the backdoor of some concert venue and try to catch a glimpse of someone than to go hang around outside this person's private property, on his yard, try to film inside his house through windows etc...

Lady

maybe you're right about the part where they're filming the house...but the rest is so normal and honestly I don't see any problem: they're just fans that make real the dream to know their idol and spend some minutes/hours with him...

this is my point of view...but maybe I'm not impartial, ehehehe! :-D ;)
[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

gioez

Robert seems to me so quite in this video... I don't see him annoyed or disturbed... I know other italian fans that 10-15 years ago went in front of Robert's house, waiting for him and, when he came, he invited them into and offered tea: they talked for hours...

Finally, the only thing that I really dislike in this video is that they filmed the inner house of Robert: that's so wrong!
[move][b][glow=red,6,28]100 Years[/glow][/b][/move]

lostflower4

Yeah, I've seen this before. The fans are ridiculously obnoxious, no doubt... :oops:

strange_day

If someone was filming through my windows and hanging around outside for hours, id probably call the police, (ok, so its Robert Smith) but i think he had every right to ask "how did you know we lived here?". Famous or not, its not right to go onto someones property and invade their privacy, hes only human like the rest of us. I imagine he'd be a bit freaked out by the whole thing, someone whos like a cartoon character of yourself turning up on your door and constantly asking questions. I thought he was very nice about the whole thing, even giving them a lift in his car!

But i agree with most of you, i really dont care whats inside his house, or what car he drives or whatever, as long as they still make great music - thats the reason im interested 8)

disintegration

What bad did they do?  :shock:  :smth011
They simply made real the dream of their life! :smth001
I would have done the same thing, maybe without filming the inner house!
I hope to go there, too and drink a beer with him! :-D 
Everybody knows that the italian fans are the warmest!!!!!  :rocker
Datemi un cielo per caderci dentro!
SOLO LA TERNANA!
http://www.ternanashirts.it/
LADY, la luce nel mio buio!

Bloodflower

I'm sorry. This is just so wrong. They were stalking him, and I don't just brush that off. It's a gross invasion of privacy, and I wouldn't think Robert in the wrong to crack them in the face a few times. That is his home, and no fan has the right to harrass the object of their adoration at home, where his wife sleeps and his nieces and nephews play. They have no right at all, and it upsets me to see things like this.

I feel really bad for Robert, having to go through that, and, really, anyone whose status as a celebrity makes them have to give up their privacy like that. I wouldn't want anyone following me home, harrassing me, shooting film of my home, interior and exterior both. It's none of our business.

This isn't 'warm' behaviour. Not by a long shot.
Another Curefan for The Dark Christmas album.

lostflower4

Let's remember that these are two different videos by two different groups of fans. The Jeep episode is from June 1993, and the home incident is from August 1994.

The "Jeep people" are really obnoxious and don't seem to have any manners, but I guess it was Robert's choice to let them in his vehicle and give them a ride.

But the "house people" are just crazy, going around his house like that and peering in the windows. It's no wonder some people keep this as a "no trade" video â€" the original people who taped it could probably be arrested for this. :lol:

bomber2007

Somebody on another forum where these links have also been posted said that he used to have contact with the actual people in these videos.
He said they went to Robert's house another time when Robert was not at home and Mary called the Police.

japanesebaby

Quote from: bomber2007 on March 07, 2007, 01:22:24
He said they went to Robert's house another time when Robert was not at home and Mary called the Police.
well done!  :smth023