You Know you are a Cure fan when... ?

Started by Untitled, September 04, 2007, 07:27:54

Previous topic - Next topic

revolt

Quote from: Trust... on July 11, 2008, 12:45:04
Real story ...

When you have a customer on the telephone and on the background you hear In Between days on her radio, not the same as my station  :?, you put the telphone down (after the conversation) and you run to your radio to found out witch station has this song on air right now ... And I found it  :-D

Am I mad? Or just a real cure-fan, should anybody doing the same in that situation?

Well, I think if you were really a mad Cure fan you would have put the telephone down DURING the conversation... The way you actually did it is fairly reasonable.  ;)

japanesebaby

Quote from: Meddy on July 08, 2008, 04:54:59
You know you are a Cure fan when you are runnin late at the supermarket after work :lol:, but you will slow down just so you can sing along (quietly) to Lovesong or Friday I'm in Love when you hear them on the stores PA system...

i had a bit similar experience the other day as i quickly popped in this second-hand cloths store and wasn't even going to hang around for more than 2 minutes, but they were playing 'a forest' on the store PA and i was so amazed by this (because it's pretty rare around here, really) that i kept loitering around, just to hear the song in its entirity because i fund it really annoying to leave in mid-song. then i realized they were actually playing the greatest hits cd and i kept loitering around a bit more (not because i couldn't hear those songs at home... but just because it felt kind of relaxing and comforting, in the middle of a busy day, to have a good doze of the cure).
in the end i even ended up buying a pair of army pants - although i had promised myself for not to buy anything that day. doh!

anyway, most times i think the much better "fan indicator" for myself is the fact that there is actually a LOT in the cure that actually pretty much annoys me these days and i find that i'm easily irritated by a lot of things about them... some things about them drive me pretty mad, actually.
- but even then i still go and read the news about them nonetheless...
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

revolt

You know you are a Cure fan when...

...every time you see a comb your first impulse is to start playing it like it was some keyboard.

revolt

You know you are a Cure fan when...

... the first two words that occur to you on the subject of chinese art are "American girls".

Aclaesxeisy

... you play your broken record player manually because you are so desperate to play their album
... you break up with your boy friend because he tells you the lyrics to Lovesong are silly
... http://thecureobsession.blogspot.com/
<i>"If only I'd known of the right words, i could've held onto your heart..." </i>

Sussex

Quote from: Aclaesxeisy on August 18, 2008, 00:47:56

... you break up with your boy friend because he tells you the lyrics to Lovesong are silly
... http://thecureobsession.blogspot.com/

Does it really happen?  :shock:
"Thick As Shit"

Lady

...when you'd like to be "Charlotte", "Elise", or "Fushia".... :-D
[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

Aclaesxeisy

Does it really happen?  :shock:
[/quote]

yes, it happened... but he was a daft prick  :lol:
no decent taste in music  :-D
<i>"If only I'd known of the right words, i could've held onto your heart..." </i>

Aclaesxeisy

Quote from: Trust... on July 08, 2008, 09:12:30
For the moment I have all the albums on it except Seventeen Seconds, Disintegration and Kiss Me Kiss Me kiss Me.
Those I have on LP and cassette only :-(.

:shock:
how/ where did u get disintegration on LP??
i cant find it anywhere and I'm really desperate :smth100

Trust...

I found it on a second hand site in Belgium for € 5,00 / that Guy didn't want it anymore  :-D

I have so many song on different CD's but this ¨LP is very special for me.
The only "Prayers for Rain" and "Plainsong" I have except on my DVD!
Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x

Aclaesxeisy

ah.. well he's got to be crazy to let something like that go

you're very lucky, that album changed my life  :-D

scary_aunty

Sussex

I decide to called my somebody to love  M.. 8)

Ironically her name is Melati.
"Thick As Shit"

nausearockpig

You know you are a curefan when you snicker every time you see a sign that reads "PUSH" on any door...

You know you are a curefan when you snicker every time you see a sign that reads "OPEN" on any door...

Or each time you go to File > Open on various applications..

scatcat

Quote from: Sussex on October 14, 2008, 08:14:41

I decide to called my new girlfriend M.. 8)

:smth046  :smth043

u crack me up    :smth023

.. just call me bananafishbones.. anytime!   :-D
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life