The Cure and Astrology

Started by tanyasmith, January 07, 2019, 07:00:38

Previous topic - Next topic

tanyasmith

I've been studying eclipses (both Solar and Lunar) for a while and I've recently noticed that Robert Smith is about to have a hard Lunar Eclipse to his Sun. Let me explain: Robert Smith was born on April 21, 1959, making his Sun zero degrees of Taurus. The Lunar Eclipse on January 20th is at zero degrees of Aquarius/Leo, squaring Robert's Sun in Taurus at the exact degree. It's a very powerful, challenging aspect which attacks the will/strength of a person, their purpose here in the world. What's refreshing is that this same aspect happened to Robert on January 20th, 2000, just before the start of the Bloodflowers tour. Again, The Cure will be touring just after this very harsh Lunar Eclipse to his Sun. Apparently, Lunar Eclipses repeat themselves every 19 years, so it's good to look back 19 years ago when you're about to have an intense Lunar Eclipse to one of your planets: Sun, Moon, Ascendent, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, or Saturn. Solar Eclipses tend to be more of a positively experienced event, as they are the result of the Sun and the Moon being together, so the energy is focused and rejuvenating. (We just had a Solar Eclipse yesterday). At Lunar Eclipses, the Sun and Moon are at opposite sides of the Earth, so it brings on chaotic, divisive energy, usually very intense for most people. Also, Robert is going through his Saturn Return, which means that Saturn is currently in the sign it was in when he was born: Capricorn. This only happens every 30 years, when Saturn returns to the natal sign. What happened 30 years ago? The Cure was about to put out Disintegration, which came out May 1989.

For those who are not astrologically tuned in, here's what I'm talking about in points:

1-Robert Smith is about to have a challenging Lunar Eclipse to his Sun. This happened 19 years ago, just before the Bloodflowers tour began.

2-Robert Smith is going through his Saturn Return, which happens every 30 years. The last time he went through Saturn Return, The Cure was in the process of creating/producing Disintegration.

3-Robert Smith has just come out of his Jupiter Return (happens every 12 years) in Sagittarius (it was not going on around Disintegration or Bloodflowers). Following his last Jupiter Return in January 2007, The Cure played 16 shows, just a year and 10 months before October 2008 when 4:13 Dream was released. It seems that something similar is going on now, they are pre-touring festivals and then will have a world tour during and following the release of the new album. Maybe? You never know what's going to happen.

4- The planet Uranus is about to enter Taurus and align with Robert's Sun in Taurus. This connotes some unusual and unexpected things that may not have happened in the past, as Uranus has never been in Taurus during Robert's lifetime. I think it's probably a positive thing, like he'll be unveiling some kind of unusually creative innovations.

5-Robert Smith was born with more astrological challenges than the average person, (Mars square Moon, Mars opposed Saturn, Moon square Saturn, Moon opposed Mercury, Mars and Saturn square Mercury) so he is no stranger to hard times or deep challenges.

I can look more into timings and major Cure albums, tours, events, but this is all for now.

word_on_a_wing

Interesting! Thanks for sharing Tanya. Sounds like potentially a challenging time ...lets all send some love his way ... 😘💕✨

If you can, I'd love to know if there was anything going on during May 31-June 1 2011 (Reflections shows in Sydney) ...the first after a long break, and with Lol again ...I felt something was going on energetically.

"Where the flesh meets the spirit world,
Where the traffic is thin..."

tanyasmith

Hello, Word-on-a-Wing!

There absolutely was something going on energetically May 31-June 1. There was a Solar Eclipse in Gemini at 11 degrees, just 4 degrees past Robert's Venus in Gemini at 7 degrees, pleasantly re-energizing Lol's participation in The Cure, as the Solar Eclipse harmoniously trined his Sun at 14 degrees Aquarius. It was probably a magical show and I'm guessing the band and audience felt it. The Solar Eclipse happened on June 1, so May 30th-May 31st may have been tense, as it was the Dark Moon and coming out of bull-headed Taurus, but by June 1 there would have been a pleasant buzz in the air. Solar Eclipses tend to be really focused and bare, like tabula rasa,  a blank slate, fresh start. Today we're just two days past a really nice Solar Eclipse that took place in Capricorn. I weeded, trimmed, and swept 3 large bins of leaves and weeds in our garden and around the house yesterday. New Moons tend to be productive. And Solar Eclipse New Moons really productive.

There is that Lunar Eclipse coming up on January 20th. Anybody born between January 17th-January 24th, April 18th-April 23rd, July 19th-July 25th,  or October 21st-October 25th, get ready. It will also impact anybody who has planets (Sun, Moon, Ascendant, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, or Saturn) near 0 degrees Aquarius, 0 degrees Leo, 0 degrees Taurus, or 0 degrees Scorpio. The way to get prepared is peek at this time in your life 19 years ago to see what themes were present then. Also, be open to change. It's best not to communicate, argue or confront people during this time (between now and January 23rd), as people are not likely to feel patient or be in a mental/emotional place to let things go. Lunar Eclipses are fascinating for the power they bring to change our lives, but can be really messy if we're not prepared for the intensity. The way I've prepared is to set an intention each day, to meditate, to write in my journal, and to have a daily task, kind of like penance  :D in order to appease the intensity of the Lunar Eclipse in my life. You might start to feel or notice its effects within the next few days, leading up to the event on January 20th.

chemicaloverload

I'm reading this as a Leo (24th July) and thinking back 19 years ago, that's when my parents split. I'm trying to connect dots from your knowledge Tanya and I find it truly amazing how insightful you are about all this sort of stuff, I should pay more attention. I've been asking myself why its been a volatile start to the year!

I am excited for the blood red moon , I just love seeing the moon, I can't describe how I feel when the moonlight touches my skin in the darkness. I just hope we'll be able to see it this time, last time I asked Ulrich take a picture for me  :heart-eyes
Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves

word_on_a_wing

That's so interesting Tanya, and it did feel June 1st was particularly meaningful so that would fit. Thanks so much for looking into it :)

And lucky me is Oct 16 so I think I just miss out (though I work with lots of young people (most are under 19), so will keep my eye out for anyone struggling during this time
"Where the flesh meets the spirit world,
Where the traffic is thin..."

tanyasmith

It is wonderful to observe the Blood Red Moon, although it usually feels so intense to me that I feel stunned and like I'm floating, as if it's the end of the world. I'm already starting to feel that floaty feeling. I kind of like it, but it can feel ungrounding.

How sweet, Chemicaloverload that you had Ulrich take a picture of the Moon for you! July 24th does put you close to the degree of the Lunar Eclipse at 0 degrees Leo, but I have confidence that you'll get through fine. If you feel any power struggles or notice yourself feeling intense, try to to take it easy and find a safe place to be. Being a brave Lioness, you may feel more courage to face this Lunar Eclipse than I do.  :heart-eyes

Word_on_a_Wing, Libra is one of my favorite astro signs! My Moon is in Libra, as is Robert Smith's, and my partner is a Libra (October 17), as is Mary Poole Smith (October 3rd).

Ulrich

Quote from: tanyasmith on January 08, 2019, 04:37:55
How sweet, Chemicaloverload that you had Ulrich take a picture of the Moon for you!

Trouble is I didn't. I don't remember if I tried (if I did, they were too blurry)... Thus I "borrowed" a friend's pic from Facebook. ;)
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

chemicaloverload

Quote from: Ulrich on January 08, 2019, 10:09:48
Quote from: tanyasmith on January 08, 2019, 04:37:55
How sweet, Chemicaloverload that you had Ulrich take a picture of the Moon for you!

Trouble is I didn't. I don't remember if I tried (if I did, they were too blurry)... Thus I "borrowed" a friend's pic from Facebook. ;)

Still, you got me a picture :) this time, hopefully you won't need to. Or maybe you will. Who knows. Consider yourself on standby  :×

chemicaloverload

Hehehe Tanya, brave lioness, I like that. Its amazing the different kinds of reactions people have to the moon. Last one I missed because of clouds, hence Ulrich STEALING (;)) a picture for me but I'm determined to try and see it. I want to go up to the mountains to look at it without city light detracting from it. Yes, its been a turbulent few weeks thus far, it will all settle down soon, I''l make it. I'll retreat to my happy place on Friday with a book and a cigar and all will be fine. How long have you been studying astrology and do you combine it with other things like tarot cards or runes?

Ulrich

Interesting topic, btw. I've never been into astrology much, but this at least creates a little interest.

Quote from: chemicaloverload on January 08, 2019, 16:21:43
Still, you got me a picture :) this time, hopefully you won't need to. Or maybe you will.

Well, obviously I would do anything for you, even stealing pictures...   ;)
To avoid high expectations: I've never been good at taking pics late at night, they tend to get all blurry... maybe I should read the manual of my camera to do more "experimentation" with the lense...

tanyasmith

Quote from: chemicaloverload on January 08, 2019, 16:30:59
How long have you been studying astrology and do you combine it with other things like tarot cards or runes?

I got into astrology around the same time I became obsessed with The Cure, at age 14, so being that I'm as old as The Cure, it's been 26 or 27 years. I do have some rose quartz runes that I pull occasionally, like if I have a question about something or feel uncertain about something, but I don't use tarot cards. I have taken breaks from astrology and spirituality over the years, as it was sometimes scary and ungrounding, but these days I feel very natural about spirituality, like I respect the science, the cycles, and the naturalness of how things work so don't get uprooted the way I used to when I was learning the principles of astrology, numerology, and Moon cycles.

I'll post Moon pictures, too if I'm able to get good ones.

The eclipses still unnerve me a bit because they can bring unexpected things and I don't like surprises, but I recognize that they are natural and have fascinating effects on nature. Like right now we're just past the King Tides (when the earth is closest to the Sun) so there have been very high tides and extremely low tides. At the Lunar Eclipse Full Super Moon we're having on January 20th, the tides will be so low that I can enter a cave that's usually flooded with high water. If it is indeed open I'll post pictures to show what I'm talking about. It was open last year at the end of January due to the same Lunar Eclipse Full Super Moon, following the King Tides, but I don't think it will be open again for a very long time.

chemicaloverload

Oh a moon and a cave picture would be great, if you can get them. Ah, the magic of tides and the moon, another reason to love it so. Yes, its only natural that you discover and move away from things such as spirituality, especially as you grow, but I'm glad your back with it, it must bring a real sense of calm into your life, much like WOAW with yoga and its roots. I used to read tarot cards. I used to give readings in high school to other kids, in the toilets, in the cleaners cupboard, it had a row of seats and she used to let me use it. She also used to let me smoke in it lol But my mother told me to get rid of them and one day, they were gone. I often think about them but rather than use them these days, I'll insert them into writing because I like what they stand for. I also recently found out from family that we come from a line of real Romany Gypsies! Apparently with the old style wooden caravans too. I must explore that side of my family, see what I can find out. Your rose quart runes sound divine, they must give you good energy when you use them.

chemicaloverload

Quote from: Ulrich on January 08, 2019, 18:37:54
Interesting topic, btw. I've never been into astrology much, but this at least creates a little interest.

Quote from: chemicaloverload on January 08, 2019, 16:21:43
Still, you got me a picture :) this time, hopefully you won't need to. Or maybe you will.

Well, obviously I would do anything for you, even stealing pictures...   ;)
To avoid high expectations: I've never been good at taking pics late at night, they tend to get all blurry... maybe I should read the manual of my camera to do more "experimentation" with the lense...

Oh that word Ulrich...anything...its deliciously limitless ;)

Yes. Brush up. The 20th is only round the corner! Maybe there's a night setting on it? Experiment away. Avoid windows. There's laws about that   :smirk:

tanyasmith

My mom tried to limit my passion in getting into certain things too deeply, like The Cure, like spirituality, but she was also supportive.

How lovely to be descended from Roman Gypsies! Sounds like you appreciate it.  :heart-eyes

If one starts early with Eclipse preparation, there's a lot of relief where there could have been frustration or despair. I went out to babysit my nephew today and on my way back stopped at a favorite vegan restaurant to get some soft serve fruit and a hummus bowl for my significant other. First of all, a young man in a hurry seemed to be racing me to get to the window to order first, but being that I was naturally in front of him, and being that I am assertive enough, when he tried to cut in front of me I held my ground. He ended up getting his order first and they handed me part of his order, telling me it was what I had ordered. I walked across the street back to my car and that young man came knocking on my window to let me know I had his taco bowl. Then I went back to the restaurant to let them know of the mix up and had to wait for 25 minutes while they made my order. They apologized, thanked me for my patience and I kept my cool, understanding that I'm making the world a better place by being even-keeled and forgiving. As far as the young man who slipped away, I let him go to his karma. :lol:

The energy is building as that Moon waxes! I almost don't want to go anywhere until the Eclipse has passed! If this is the most intense experience of the Eclipse, I'll be grateful, but I'm pretty sure that if I don't wear armor when going out, it's going to get rough. :lol:

I came home and took a run on the beach, then swept leaves out of the side garden as a daily task. I'm doing a daily task each day as penance until the Eclipse passes. I think physical labor and deep soul searching are two great ways to get through Lunar Eclipses.

Ulrich

Physical labor - if that helps through the Eclipse, I'm already through with it! Been shovelling snow each day now, sometimes more than once!

Quote from: chemicaloverload on January 08, 2019, 22:54:02
Oh that word Ulrich...anything...its deliciously limitless ;)

Yes. Brush up. The 20th is only round the corner!

Well, if tanya will provide a photo, I guess I can get away without taking one... :oops:
Chances are that it might be cloudy here anyway (it usually is if you're waiting to see something).