The Cure and Astrology

Started by tanyasmith, January 07, 2019, 07:00:38

Previous topic - Next topic

tanyasmith

Here are two photos of the Total Lunar Eclipse Super Moon, from beginning to almost end. It's starting to get cloudy, but if I can get the red Moon, I'll post it here.

tanyasmith

Well, sadly, my camera got eclipsed by the Lunar Eclipse! As soon as it was a brilliant red with just a sliver of white left I began shooting away, but my camera went completely blank/black when I'd try to focus. Then the sky filled with clouds and I couldn't see it anymore until the clouds cleared away, showing the other side of the eclipse, with just a bit of earth's shadow still on the Moon, pulling away. There won't be another one of these until May 2021. I'm grateful I got to see my third Blood Moon, but sad that I couldn't photograph it when it was red.

chemicaloverload

Thank you Tanya! I'm sure it was amazing. I've seen some great pictures this morning of it when it was red. Sadly, its completely cloudy here, no moon.

Now that its over, what does that mean for all the signs that were affected? x
Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves

Ulrich

Nice photos anyway, especially the last one!  :smth023

Here it was grey/foggy - I knew before, so I stayed in bed...
But the internet has some great pics of it.  :cool
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

word_on_a_wing

Here in Australia it was in daytime, so no chance to see it.

Tanya I'm wondering how you went in the lead-up to it, as you seem to feel it pretty intensely?

I had an interesting experience as the moon was full I was offered a job promotion🙂
Perfect thing to happen during a full moon ...things coming to fruition (at least on this earthly realm ... )
quite synchronistic
"Where the flesh meets the spirit world,
Where the traffic is thin..."

tanyasmith

Well we'll all get another chance to see it in May 2021!

Quote from: word_on_a_wing on January 21, 2019, 13:13:19

Tanya I'm wondering how you went in the lead-up to it, as you seem to feel it pretty intensely?

I had an interesting experience as the moon was full I was offered a job promotion🙂
Perfect thing to happen during a full moon ...things coming to fruition (at least on this earthly realm ... )
quite synchronistic

Wow, Word_on_a_wing! Congratulations on your job promotion!

I felt it very intensely about two hours before the max. I was sitting in bed telling my partner "I wish you could feel this, too." It's just feeling all my emotions more intensely, kind of like them being squeezed out of me. By the time the Moon was red, (I had the opportunity of glimpsing it for a couple minutes, trying to take pictures, but them coming up blank) I was feeling excited. When I went out to view it one final time, when the earth's shadow was almost off of the Moon, I had very good feelings as the wind blew, sensing that things would be easy and good for a while. It got so windy overnight. I woke up at 4:30 AM, thinking somebody was outside our bedroom window because of a flapping noise, went into the bathroom to look out the window and it was just the wild wind. I tend to associate strong winds with people dying because I've experienced them around people dying in the past. I actually had a dream that my mom's husband passed away the night before the eclipse. He's in his early 70s, so I know it's going to happen someday, but hopefully not for a while. 

It was really inspiring to see the clean, white Moon this morning. I see the Moon after eclipses as totally fresh after the great cleansing process of the earth's shadow sweeping across it.

I wonder how Robert Smith fared?

Ulrich

Quote from: tanyasmith on January 21, 2019, 16:39:24
I wonder how Robert Smith fared?

As he tends to go to bed early in the morning, it was certainly a perfect opportunity for him to watch this eclipse (unless his sky was cloudy) and then go to sleep...  :cool

chemicaloverload

Quote from: word_on_a_wing on January 21, 2019, 13:13:19

quite synchronistic

That's amazing WOAW! :) Very well done, did you take it?

word_on_a_wing

Quote from: chemicaloverload on January 21, 2019, 20:15:21
That's amazing WOAW! :) Very well done, did you take it?

Whoops, should have said "offered and accepted".
The extra money will likely help towards my plans (also coming to fruition) to see The Cure in Oslo Norway in August 😀
"Where the flesh meets the spirit world,
Where the traffic is thin..."

tanyasmith

Quote from: Ulrich on January 21, 2019, 17:18:59

As he tends to go to bed early in the morning, it was certainly a perfect opportunity for him to watch this eclipse (unless his sky was cloudy) and then go to sleep...  :cool

I wonder if he does watch the eclipses...I'm betting on it. Maybe one of the new songs will be called "Blood Moon."  :winking_tongue Ha ha.

Ulrich

@woaw: congrats & fingers crossed you can travel to Oslo!  :smth023

Quote from: tanyasmith on January 22, 2019, 05:50:09
I wonder if he does watch the eclipses...I'm betting on it.

From what I heard, he is a bit interested in astronomy - e.g. he put the "Jupiter Crash" into a song...  :)

chemicaloverload

That's  wonderful WOAW :) Oslo too, that'll be something else.

chemicaloverload

I finally get to see the moon tonight, big, close, bright and yellow in colour. Glorious :)

tanyasmith

Quote from: Ulrich on January 22, 2019, 09:48:28

Quote from: tanyasmith on January 22, 2019, 05:50:09
I wonder if he does watch the eclipses...I'm betting on it.

From what I heard, he is a bit interested in astronomy - e.g. he put the "Jupiter Crash" into a song...  :)

Yeah, I was thinking of Jupiter Crash, too. Also Step Into the Light, which I'm not sure who he's talking to in it: his wife, himself, a friend, a certain kind of person? It seems he's saying he doesn't believe in the supernatural, that the natural is phenomenal enough. It's a good perspective, a masculine one, with reason having to do with the intellect. I think women tend to believe in the metaphysical more than men because of being more centered in our emotions and intuition, which often doesn't make sense to men because of the unconventional, non-reasoning way that emotions and intuition work. "I don't care about the aliens, ghosts, and fairies, all the voices in your head." I think he has an excellent point when he says "you're flying through space at a millions miles an hour/for 4 billion years, the sun keeps coming up/it's all too wonderful for words/but for you it's not enough."

It's enough. It's just that there's more to it than just the physical. It's healthy to find a balance of physical/mental/emotional/spiritual or body/mind/spirit. In regards to Robert being fond of astronomy, I wonder if he knows that astronomy came out of astrology, just as western medicine came out of alchemy? Without astrology, there would be no astronomy. It's hard to understand why people want to extract the spirituality out of experiences, but Robert Smith is a Taurus (like Freud) and Tauruses are very physically oriented, tend not to be as open to spirituality as Pisces, Aquarius, Cancer, Scorpio, and Libra. It might be as simple as certain people  just don't have lenses for which to perceive the spiritual so don't believe in it. I believe in it all.  :heart-eyes

Ulrich

Quote from: tanyasmith on January 23, 2019, 02:03:58
Yeah, I was thinking of Jupiter Crash, too. Also Step Into the Light, which I'm not sure who he's talking to in it

That's interesting about "Step into the light"! I think it's often "typical" for a song that you don't know exactly who it is directed to (or who it is about) - thus they become "universal" and (nearly) anybody can relate to the lyrics...

Quote from: tanyasmith on January 23, 2019, 02:03:58
It's a good perspective, a masculine one, with reason having to do with the intellect. I think women tend to believe in the metaphysical more than men because of being more centered in our emotions and intuition...

It's hard to understand why people want to extract the spirituality out of experiences, but Robert Smith is a Taurus (like Freud) and Tauruses are very physically oriented, tend not to be as open to spirituality as Pisces, Aquarius, Cancer, Scorpio, and Libra. It might be as simple as certain people  just don't have lenses for which to perceive the spiritual so don't believe in it.

Of course: there is the "rational" side in me which doesn't believe in some things because they've never been "proven". And I've experienced some bullsh*t where it was very clear (to me) that some folks use "spirituality" to make money...

On the other hand, I have experienced some strange "coincidences" in life, which point towards there being (much) more than we can see or prove.
Plus the "feelings" I had when I visited some "special" places on earth (sources, old churches, graveyards, castles...)!
:cool