Inside The Cure's Lost World Tour 2022

Started by dsanchez, December 13, 2022, 10:17:14

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

Quote"Promoters will put forward a ticket price they think is achievable and a lot of the time Robert will come back and say thank you very much, but I think the prices should be lower," he says. "He's also very keen to see ticket scales that are neatly structured rather than appearing to be haphazard from the fans' point of view."

Production manager Broad notes the positives, "Robert is like management. He wants to know the sales numbers, how everything looks, where everything is – he is very hands on. It actually has its advantages: if anyone asks 'Why do you do X?' we can answer, 'Because Robert wants to!' And that's the end of the conversation."

https://www.iq-mag.net/2022/12/the-cure-european-tour/
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Ulrich

Very interesting article, thanks for sharing!  :smth023

It has been known that Robert is involved everything from the lightshow to the background settings (incl. videos and stills), this article does confirm it. (A quote: "It must be crazy time-consuming for him, but he's very involved.")

However, there is one thing I consider a bit "doubtful" and that is the allegation that the tour had been planned for 2020 - this seems strange to me, as there was one last festival date planned for summer 2020 and RS had said something like "this isn't the start of something, but a full stop behind the festival dates"... which does not exclude a tour later in the year, but to me it sounded like there was nothing planned for the rest of 2020 (maybe more like 2021).  :?

Anyway, it's great to hear that things were/are going so well:
QuoteHighlighting the band's enduring – and growing – appeal, Mercader says, "I found out during the pandemic that many people in my life are massive fans of The Cure: my lawyer, some of the people who work on my estate. And they are not all 'goth' people. Cure fans are everywhere.

"I always sell out with The Cure. They last visited Spain in 2019 when they played Mad Cool Festival in Madrid, where their performance was televised on national TV, and they attracted the biggest audience of the whole festival."

Noting that he's looking forward to seeing the tour finale at Wembley, Bryan Grant states, "The Cure have quietly become one of the best performing bands on the planet. They don't make a lot of media noise, but the production is very creative and quirky but not over-elaborate –
they don't have to rely on style over substance."

Hopewell admits that the fact the band is on the road at all in 2022 is something of a miracle. "We have half a million fans going to see The Cure – about 11,000 people on average per night – which considering it's just after a pandemic, people have less money than before, and have less confidence that shows are actually going to happen... it's really humbling," he says.
The holy city breathed like a dying man...