I bought some Cure singles, I am not sure if they are genuine...

Started by the thread of a dream, June 21, 2019, 21:13:28

Previous topic - Next topic

the thread of a dream

I bought 2 Cure singles, one is obviously a bootleg, from the artwork and lack of sounding good, plus the label is 'Xenos' (7"inch) and labelled 'Smithy' not 'The Cure' it's called Copycats. The other is released by Elektra, I know that that is their American label, and has Lovesong and Fascination street on it, and is 7" inch, and had no artwork with it. Any more information? Is the Elektra one genuine? I did briefly read something about Robert saying that Fascination Street was rushed out as a single, but...?!
☆Slit the cats like cheese!
Then eat the sweet sticky things! ☆

dsanchez

Quote from: the thread of a dream on June 21, 2019, 21:13:28The other is released by Elektra, I know that that is their American label, and has Lovesong and Fascination street on it, and is 7" inch, and had no artwork with it. Any more information? Is the Elektra one genuine?

Looks like it is:

https://www.discogs.com/The-Cure-Love-Song-Fascination-Street/release/3315936
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

the thread of a dream

Glad to see it is genuine. But why two hit songs on each side? It's kind of strange isn't it? I was going to buy the 'proper' release of it, with the cover, but he was asking a bit much. I was just wondering why they put the two hit songs on it....?
☆Slit the cats like cheese!
Then eat the sweet sticky things! ☆