2008.05.21 Morrison - Red Rocks Amphitheatre (USA) *Sold Out*

Started by dsanchez, June 22, 2007, 06:13:58

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

The show is over. I am really looking for the news crowbi_wan will have for us 8)
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Mad Bob RJS

Yes, i hope they can be able to send information soon.. :-D

I would like to have audio, video and pics of the show...

I can´t wait for listening this 2 new songs...

;)

...There was nothing in the world that i ever wanted more than to feel you deep in my heart...

Visit me @ http://madbobrjscure.blogspot.com/

crowbi_wan

Oh my, what a show!  Robert's voice was still an issue, but he knows when to hold back and not over do it.  Musically, these guys are killing it and I'm looking forward to the next eight shows regardless of what the setlist is.  I actually got chills during FTEOTDGS.  Yes, the song we've all heard a million times.  That's one song that I've lobbied to be left off the setlist.  But damn, If they play it as good as they did tonight, I say keep playing it.  Porl is just bringing new life to that one as well as others.  He was really on his game tonight.  And kudos to the sound crew for the excellent mix!  Keep that shit dialed in guys  ;)

Having heard Maybe Someday and The Blood during the soundcheck, I figured they'd get played.  Once inside the venue it was obvious about The Blood as Robert's classical guitar was propped up.  Both were excellent.  Again, Porl.  Enough said  :rocker  He's now using an electric on The Blood and it works toa T.  He's always shined during the solo, but it's just so in your face now with the electric. 

I really couldn't have asked for a better crowd or spot.  You Red Rocks guys are great.  :smth023  The front section was into almost every song.  Lots of hands in the sky down front.  A group of five even had a Faith sign.  I was right next to the mixing desk, left side, right behind the ambient mic.  Hey, if they can put a mic there...  8)  Anyway, the people around me were mostly quiet.  I was able to snap a shitton of pics, though not too many of Simon.  Well, I took a bunch of him, but there was a tall guy right in my line of sight with Simon's "standing" spot.  I had to catch him while he was moving, which made for some blurry pics.  Lots of good ones of Robert and Porl.  Hey, even a few of that dude hitting the skins. 

I can confirm that the opening song is called 'Underneath The Stars' and the closing number is 'Baby Rag Dog Book'.  The engineer gave me a copy of the setlist (both main and encore).  I also managed to take a pic of the Master song list.  Some interesting surprises on that one like Siamese Twins, Same Deep Water, everything that was played in Miami and Mexico.  I'll post pics of all this tomorrow after I get into SLC. 

Setlist has been updated to include the new song titles and missing/unknown tracks. 

crowbi_wan

Oh, an interesting note, no screens.  The projections were shown on a rock behind the stage.

I also wanted to say how refreshing it was to hear If Only.. and not have The Kiss follow it up.  Those two have been joined at the hip for some time now.  Don't get me wrong, I would have LOVED to hear The Kiss.  Just that change can be a good thing.  Sort of like not getting A Forest for...what's it been, three shows in a row now?  That's almost shocking!

A bit on the new songs, Underneath The Stars and Baby Rag Dog Book.  I don't want to try and compare these two to other Cure or even other artists tracks.  Best thing I can say is the first one is a great opener.  Slow, dreamy, just perfect for some outdoor venues in the summertime.  I think I know why they saved it until Kansas City and are planning to continue playing it for some shows now (My thinking is outdoor venues should get this one).  This Baby Rag Dog Book is pure rock.  One might say it's about the heaviest thing the Cure have done.  It's a direction that some fans won't care for, but I really dig it. I'm not comparing it to Shiver and Shake, but think about how good that one sounds after One Hundred Years (they've done it a few times).  It works well in the spot they are using it and look forward to seeing them belt it out again. It's mayhem and it sounds great!   

j

Thanks BC.  Glad to see that the moratorium on giving out the setlist lasted a whopping one show!  :(

DroidAKov

Siamese Twins.........Same Deep Water.......on master....

*Falls of chair and dies happy(ish)*

crowbi_wan

Quote from: j on May 22, 2008, 11:48:23
Thanks BC.  Glad to see that the moratorium on giving out the setlist lasted a whopping one show!  :(

He had a stack, so I asked.  He told me to hang on, went to give one to someone in the VIP area, then came back to give me one.  Not sure what the deal was in KC.  Maybe because of the new titles being listed?  Perhaps RS didn't want them getting out? 

Lady

Quote from: Mad Bob RJS on May 22, 2008, 08:01:31

I can´t wait for listening this 2 new songs...

;)

Me too!
"Underneath the stars"...I like this title...it sounds "romantic"... ;)
[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

lostflower4

What was up with the setlist that was on COF earlier?  They made it sound like they played 5 new songs, plus everything they played in Kansas City.

There was supposedly even one between Plainsong and Disintegration.  :roll:

crowbi_wan

Quote from: lostflower4 on May 22, 2008, 15:32:34
What was up with the setlist that was on COF earlier?  They made it sound like they played 5 new songs, plus everything they played in Kansas City.

There was supposedly even one between Plainsong and Disintegration.  :roll:

I know, dude didn't know Pictures of You (had it listed as "?").  :?  The setlist here IS correct.  I'm looking at my copy now and can assure it is 100%

ElFishski

Was poor reception there apparently.  Rather than ignorance, it was that a bunch of the messages went missing for varying periods of time or didn't arrive.

I'm still amazed at all the effort people are putting in to let those of us at home and on the other side of the world live vicariously, much appreciated!

Mad Bob RJS

Thanks a lot Crowbi_wan for the info, it´s exciting to wonder how the new songs sounds.

The only thing left is to listen them, i can´t wait for doing it and see your bunch of pics taken last night.

I really hope very soon we have audio & video of this 2, amazing, for sure, new songs..

That´s incredible you will be at so many show in a row..

Have a great time  ;) :smth023

...There was nothing in the world that i ever wanted more than to feel you deep in my heart...

Visit me @ http://madbobrjscure.blogspot.com/

[labyrinth]

mint car

Underneath The Stars is wonderful  :smth060 I love them...
[i]...sleep sweet child the moon will change your mind...[/i]

hpantazo

Quote from: [labyrinth] on May 22, 2008, 21:46:52
Underneath the Stars : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77rKRI8tcj8

Baby Rag Doll Book : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vuM2_p7fhM

thanks to CoF

I don't want to be greedy, but any chance someone can post these as mp3's somewhere? I would be very happy.