In Orange DVD needs to be in your house

Started by Cold Colours, May 26, 2008, 07:35:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Cold Colours

Okay.  Another question.  Yes, yes, I know.  I've only been around here for a few days and I'm already bombing the board with questions  8).  Sorry if this has already been discussed to death around here but, hey, up there (points authoritatively), I'm new here remember  ;).  Anyway, I did a few cursory searches for the topic I want to discuss but didn't find anything close to being relevant so I will press ahead.

What happened to the In Orange DVD?  Why was this film, considered by almost any Cure fan to be the definitive live document of the band, never released on DVD?  I have been sort of a lapsed Cure fan for the last five or so years because I honestly had lost interest in the band's doings after Bloodflowers.  I went cold turkey from reading any articles or accounts of the band and lost touch for a little while until recently, say in the last year or so.  To get back to the salient topic, was there ever any official announcement from Robert or anyone else about why the inestimably great In Orange concert film was never officially given a digital dustoff?  The 20th anniversary came and went last year didn't it (the film was originally released in 1987, right)?  An opportunity was missed.  Are there licensing hassles that are killing any current plans for a DVD release?  Has Robert mentioned any plans to remaster the film and release it in digital format at some point?

Yeah, you can tell that I've been out of the loop  :lol:.
[i]Follow me to where the real fun is[/i]

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Fabien G

You're wrong david :) As we all know, and from Robert' mouth, there ARE plans to release it on dvd, among many other projects. If and when will it happen, that, we all wonder anxiously...

dsanchez

Quote from: Fabien G on January 24, 2015, 00:02:17
You're wrong david :) As we all know, and from Robert' mouth, there ARE plans to release it on dvd

Well, I don't believe much of what Robert says. Pretty sure there will be never a Paris 2008 DVD and I have high doubts about the In Orange thing.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Fabien G

I was being ironic, although wishing very much it will happen :)

MeltingMan

Quote from: dsanchez on January 24, 2015, 15:12:25I have high doubts about the In Orange thing.
Me too although it was mentioned as a must-have from time to time here in the forum.
Maybe Robert will think about it until 2017 in combination with new ideas.This is my hope
because the "Orange thing" passed me by till now. :oops: :)
En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)

scannon1975

I'm sure this has been asked more than once, but I'm new here. Is there any word if and when The Cure in Orange will be released on DVD?? I would watch that a hundred thousand times like I did when I had the VHS edition.

dsanchez

Quote from: scannon1975 on December 09, 2017, 05:12:16
I'm sure this has been asked more than once, but I'm new here. Is there any word if and when The Cure in Orange will be released on DVD?? I would watch that a hundred thousand times like I did when I had the VHS edition.

No news at all about this I am afraid.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Ulrich

Quote from: scannon1975 on December 09, 2017, 05:12:16
Is there any word if and when The Cure in Orange will be released on DVD??

Our dear Admin has been hoping for this for years, but nothing was ever told by the band (as far as I can recall).

However, at the moment there are signs that Robert Smith and (longtime video director) Tim Pope (who also filmed "In Orange") will be working on "something" for the 40th anniversary of the band.

QuoteTim Pope:
the South American footage will probably be included In a bigger project...

... I can confirm one of my upcoming projects next year is with The Cure with whom I have worked since 1981. This will be with the full participation of Robert. Updates when I can, but suffice to say it will be a 40th anniversary project.

... 50 boxes of 'stuff' has just arrived at mine. Just peeked and apart from dust they seem to be filled with what looks like films, photographs, memorabilia.

In my humble opinion, this could be a project to mark the anniversary with a "bluray/dvd box" featuring various films, home-video footage etc. showing the band's "history". And of course (again in my humble opinion) it might include concert films like "In Orange" and other live stuff (from the late 1970's until 2016). We'll have to wait and see.
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

PearlThompsonsBloodflower

I Wish it was man it sounds so good ughhhhh

PearlThompsonsBloodflower

but its on Viemo I have a link to it if yall wanna see a friend showed me it last night on instagram :)

dsanchez

Quote from: PearlThompsonsBloodflowers on December 15, 2017, 23:07:29
but its on Viemo I have a link to it if yall wanna see a friend showed me it last night on instagram :)

I have it on DVD, transfer from LaserDisc, looks and sounds perfect :smth020
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo