Ideas for The Cure Merchandise

Started by Gothiczartan, May 14, 2008, 20:55:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Gothiczartan

The Cure is the best band in the whole world.

got any ideas what merchandise we like to see besides t shirts?

school supplies, lunch boxes, action figures, dolls of the band members, robert smith halloween costume, south park version of robert smith, coloring books?

we can get kids to see this band.

this will be great for kids to liston to the music and watch music videos.
Robert Smith is our hero!

japanesebaby

no offense but i kind of dislike the idea that all good things should be totally and thoroughly commercialized, someone trying to sell "the product" in every possible form. it's everywhere around us these days, this way of thinking: everything's being sold to us in every possible way, everywhere we go. so much things we don't really need... so i certainly wouldn't like to see the cure being sold out like this. imo good music is enough, really. i can understand some traditional band merchadise like t-shirts and tour books, but that's different.

"we can get kids to see this band" - and next: robert smith toys included in McD kid's meals or something? :smth011
come on... 

(i beg your pardon but you happen to be in action figure business/lobbying for some toy company or something? the words "action figure" just seem to come up quite a lot in most of your posts here so i can't help but wondering... :lol:)
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Gothiczartan

Quote from: japanesebaby on May 14, 2008, 21:02:28
no offense but i kind of dislike the idea that all good things should be totally and thoroughly commercialized, someone trying to sell "the product" in every possible form. it's everywhere around us these days, this way of thinking: everything's being sold to us in every possible way, everywhere we go. so much things we don't really need... so i certainly wouldn't like to see the cure being sold out like this. imo good music is enough, really. i can understand some traditional band merchadise like t-shirts and tour books, but that's different.

"we can get kids to see this band" - and next: robert smith toys included in McD kid's meals or something? :smth011
come on... 

(i beg your pardon but you happen to be in action figure business/lobbying for some toy company or something? the words "action figure" just seem to come up quite a lot in most of your posts here so i can't help but wondering... :lol:)

action figure of robert smith will be just fine since they have action figures like elvis presley, johnny cash, slash, joey ramoane.
Robert Smith is our hero!

japanesebaby

sure, they can sell anything these days: like george w. bush and his family paper dolls:
http://www.amazon.com/George-Bush-Family-Paper-Dolls/dp/0486421902 :lol:

anyway, didn't mean to kill the thread or be a jerk. i guess i'm just not much into excess merchandise and just posted my thoughts.
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

coxoxi

come on... 

I totally agree with you! The idea is ridiculous  :smth019     :smth080

mike65

come on... 

[/quote
CouldnĀ“t have said it better myself, Maybe we just have to play the music to the kids an let them diside themslves.
Michael