Memories of Hamburg Color Line Arena 2002

Started by dsanchez, July 19, 2005, 17:30:51

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

Quote from: Tristan BerlinI think my girlfiend was very impressed by my music and the cure. She liked the kind of music and that i didn't hear all that average stuff.
So I gave her some tapes and discs and she liked it, too. So we moved together to the Concert in Hamburg 2002 and thats my lovliest memory...because we are not together any more. She left me last year...a tragedy. Her favourite song was "trust" and always when I hear this song I have to think of her and it makes me sad. Well, my baby left but the cure stayed.  :cry:

I went with some friends from Bremen to the Cure Hamburg 2002 concert, but they were far from stage cause they didn't want to be with much people and they're not so big fan of The Cure as I am. So I was there alone basically, but I remember a very nice girl from Hamburg in my side. In the end we were singing together and dancing with almost every song. What a wonderful memories...

And I remember a guy kissing his girlfriend when "Charlotte Sometimes" started. I felt so envious about that cos I would like to have my girlfriend with me in this special moment. But I didn't have a girlfriend until December of that year.

I am sorry for the departure of your girlfriend Tristan :-(. Actually I could not even imagine what I would do when she would left me :cry: But as you say, the music will always remain....
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Tristan Berlin

Thanks for your nice statement.  :wink:
Yeah, that was a great concert. I remember a guy sitting before me who was absolutly crazy. The played "shake dog shake" and the guy moved his arms as if he plays the drums. My girlfriend and I had to laugh loudly.  :D  Later a big surprise: "Forever" was played and I knew this ist the song they hat allways played as the last of a concert...but than thy came back...*screaming* :shock:
They played three songs more...it was an unforgetable evening. I'm looking forward to Berlin.  :lol:

Cheers, Tr#

Tristan Berlin

dsanchez

Quote from: Tristan BerlinSeems that only we both was there... :D

we are very lucky :)....

just curious: this "tristan" has something to do with the departure of your girlfriend?. In spanish "triste" = "sad". Right now I am having a hard time with my girl. Hope nothing bad happen. I can't imagine my life without her anymore.... :cry:

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Tristan Berlin

No, it has nothing to do with this.  :)
But I know that it comes from "trist" but it's beacause I'm very sensitive and melancholic...anyway the mainreason is: I like that name  :lol:

Hope that you don't have too much trouble with your girlfriend.
Good Luck.  :wink:

Cheers, Tr#

dsanchez

For someone like me, who comes from Peru (where no bands from this level come to), it was a dream to see them.

I remember like it if was yesterday but time pass so f*cking fast. Four years ago already. But, how forget that day?. I was 25 by then and I remembered telling a friend after the concert "this have been definitely the happiest day of my life". Never expected I could hear "Push" live, neither "The drowning man". That night, Robert and Cia played one of the most memorable gigs ever. I travelled from Namur - Belgium (where I was studying), then ro Brussels, then to Bremen (to meet my friend, who already bought the ticket), and then next day to Hamburg. Impossible to forget that day.

Attach the t-shirt I bought in the concert and my almost destroyed-with-the-time ticket.

Also, a link to the article I wrote , but is in spanish:

http://blog.pucp.edu.pe/item/35

I will scan more photos and probably put it later.

Where you at this gig?

David.

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

j

I was there as well....flew from the US twice that year to see them.  The first time was both Zillo and Woodstage festival, then back again for Hamburg and both Berlin 02 shows!

Matti

"Yaba-di yaba-di yaba-di..."

You were truly lucky that year. I was at three shows in 02 (Zillo, Hamburg and the first Trilogy in Berlin - living in Germany made things very easy then), and it was really stunning - especially Zillo. That show really reassured my confidence in the Cure after the Roskilde gig a year before. Hamburg was great because no one knew what to expect, and so it could only come over as a surprise show. And finally, it was my turn to get a (truly breathtaking) rendition of Forever... The Trilogy shows were - well, all of us knew what they were to play, but not what they'd make out of it. And so it wasn't for the surprise effect, but for the performance. All in all, a good year for going to a Cure gig.
and we close our eyes to sleep
to dream a boy and girl
who dream the world is nothing but a dream

cult_hero

2002 was in my opinion the last real very good cure year! i saw them six times then: zillo, woodstage, london, hamburg (what a surprise!  ;)) and both shows in berlin. great, great, great!!!  :smth023

Dillinger

i pray that i can either get someone to come with me on the next tour or somehow manage to convince my parents to let me go alone. im not sure though, would it be as fun?

lostflower4

Quote from: farquad92 on November 27, 2006, 18:27:33im not sure though, would it be as fun?

Who cares? You're not going to a show to watch your friends. You're going to see THE CURE! :-D

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Dillinger

Quote from: lostflower4 on November 27, 2006, 20:40:30
Quote from: farquad92 on November 27, 2006, 18:27:33im not sure though, would it be as fun?

Who cares? You're not going to a show to watch your friends. You're going to see THE CURE! :-D

well yes i know but dont you think that everything is greatly enhanced when with friends? i mean i dont think i would feel as comfortable or be able to feel as free to do what i wanted if i was alone, also i would stick out like a complete sore thumb at a cure show. i would try and wear black stuff and that but im sure i wouldnt fit the image which wouldnt bother me if i was with people but theres that little fear at the back of my mind. im sure fans are very nice but id still end up very weary. all that said if i was allowed to and no one wanted to come with i would jump at the chance to see the band i love. and i hope what david is sending me as a gift come christmas present will help the wait,thanks again man really capped off a good day. and i swear as soon as i get something good il throw it your way

lostflower4

I've been to a Cure show all by myself. At the time I didn't know anyone who was interested in going with me. Really, I didn't think anything of it.

And hey, who knows how much longer they're going to be around and/or performing. There's not even a guarantee they'll ever play in Europe again. Ok, I hope that's wrong but I'm just saying...

My point: Just go see them and enjoy it! :rocker

japanesebaby

Quote from: farquad92 on November 28, 2006, 00:17:29
Quote from: lostflower4 on November 27, 2006, 20:40:30

well yes i know but dont you think that everything is greatly enhanced when with friends? i mean i dont think i would feel as comfortable or be able to feel as free to do what i wanted if i was alone,

well, i'd have to disagree since i've surely been to a show with a friend which turned out to be not that good - just because i wasn't alone and so i couldn't enjoy it properly... and no there was nothing wrong with the friend, before you say i picked a wrong one. so it depends... i actually mostly go to shows by myself, even travel abroad for it - so now you can say maybe i'm just a sorry loser who simply has no friends hahaha - hey i don't give a sh*t, i love it, travelling like that...
for instance just came home from berlin and the sole reason i bothered flying a 1000+ kms over there was to go and see Muse - which was awesome  :rocker

so i'd agree, you go to a CURE show to see THE CURE, not to hang around with people you can meet anyway...  ;)
(and yes, better to go before it's too late...)
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine