AUSTRALIAN TROOPS COMING HOME !!!!!

Started by melly, December 29, 2007, 05:35:56

Previous topic - Next topic

melly

YES!!!! From June 2008, the Aussies are pulling out of Iraq! Our new Prime Minister, Kevin Rudd, announced this a few days ago...he promised this would happen if he were re-elected ( I didn't hear this, I tuned out before the election) and he's keeping this wonderful promise. I was going to put this in the "What made you happy today" thread, but thought it deserved a title all of its' own.... Don't care if there aren't any responses, I am just sooo damned happy that at LAST we are getting out of Iraq..... :smth023 :smth026 :smth041 :smth039
" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...

LuvURobert

How nice, Melly!!  :smth041 :smth044 :smth045

I wish Bush would get his head out of his arse and get our troops home, too!!  :shock:  I guess I will just NEVER ever get it.  :smth011
"And I shiver and shake
When I think of how you make me hate"

scatcat

let's hope that it sticks..... promises ..from politicians ?

I'd be relieved when the troops are actually home!!!

Yes, Kevin has so far started the ball rolling..  :smth023
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

melly

Oh, he ( Kevin) will do it, I am sure of that!! Can you imagine the joy all the Mums, Dads, brothers, sisters, Nanna, Poppas etc.etc. will be feeling hearing this??!! It makes my heart swell with happiness for everyone concerned. Such good news...
Kevin Rudd is NOT like the previous Prime Minister me thinks...he doesn't bend over for George W... I hope he continues along this line... Good on him!!!

so far, so good....
" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...

disintegration

This is good!
I want italian troops coming home too!
bush.... :smth011
Datemi un cielo per caderci dentro!
SOLO LA TERNANA!
http://www.ternanashirts.it/
LADY, la luce nel mio buio!

Steve

They shouldn't have been there in the first place.
But that's a different discussion.

Good news anyway.
Cheers
Steve
I know tomorrow's going to taste like cake
http://www.balatonfured.hu/en_index.php

melly

sorry to drag this up, but I thought I had better confirm ..... THEY ARE HOME!!! We watched some of the troops coming through the various airports on the "news"... I had tears in my eyes when the families of these brave souls broke ranks and rushed to their returned sons, brothers, mums, sisters, dads etc... yes, it is amazing, a politician had kept a promise, and what a wonderful ending for all concerned.
Vale... to those who will never come home....