Should they be on the hollywood walk of fame?

Started by Dillinger, September 02, 2006, 00:32:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Dillinger

hey, i saw something that mentioned the walk of fame earlier and i wondered; should the cure, or robert atleast be on it? i mean when you think about it, its a big suprise they arent. compared to some of the things on there they are certainly deserving enough. i mean 25 years at the top,an album regarded one of the best ever and a singer who basically created a whole new look? there are some real duffers on the walk of fame and i think the cure deserve it

what do you all think?

that said i dont think it makes any difference and i dont care if they dont get on it but compared to some of the rubbish and mediocre things on the walk now they should have a star

Joelad3

I think your last sentence says it all !
:roll:
Joelad

Carnage Visor

Why don't they? I'm sure that Boy George guy has one, and he's crap!

Janko

Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

Cure

honestly, i think they don't..
they didn't make any revolution in music or so..
but i think that sex pistols, or the clash deserve a star..
( i don't know if they already have 1, i guess not)
[b]floating here like this with you
underneath the stars
alight for 13 billion years
the view is beautiful
and ours alone tonight
underneath the stars
[/b]

~*CherryRed*~

Well if I was on holiday over there, I think it would be cool to lie down on the ground next to it for a photo!!
"prone to flights of whimsy"

Rocky

When it comes to receiving a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, the sidewalk tourist attraction that encompasses 15 blocks of Hollywood Boulevard and three blocks of intersecting Vine Street, it's not so much who you know, but whether you're willing to play by the rules.
For starters, someone in the celebrity's camp must first fill out an application form that includes the star's signed promise that they will attend the ceremony.
No pledge? No ceremony. Which is why Clint Eastwood, Julia Roberts and George Clooney aren't among the 2,450 honorees lining Hollywood's sidewalks.
A five-member committee meets annually in June to consider some 250 to 300 applicants from five categories of the entertainment industry – film, television, music, broadcast radio and theater, a category added in 1984.
Typically, the Walk's committee annually selects 20 to 24 new honorees, who must then pay a $30,000 sponsorship fee. This covers the cost of constructing the three-foot-wide stars as well as the cost of the ceremony. A portion of this money also goes to the Walk's trust fund for continued maintenance.

Tof

Tof

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Rocky

Yes, The Hollywood Walk Of Fame is totally different.  These hand prints you see here are from the Guitar Center in Hollywood on Sunset Blvd.  The Cure were honored this occasion on April 30, 2004, it was actually on my birthday.

Tof

:D :roll:

OUPPSSS !!

Sorry for the mistake !!!!
Tof

Rocky

No worries.  I WISH The Cure would get a star too but someone has to pay for the star and The Cure has to promise to show up for the ceremony as well.  I would love to be there if or whenever it occurs.

Ulrich

Quote from: Rocky on August 22, 2013, 15:07:46
Yes, The Hollywood Walk Of Fame is totally different.  These hand prints you see here are from the Guitar Center in Hollywood on Sunset Blvd.

And I think that's enough of that "star" business.
What the heck have The Cure got to do with Hollywood anyway? Yeah, nothing (apart maybe from delivering a few songs for soundtracks). Do other bands get one btw?
If The Cure never receive any star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, I'm certainly not gonna be bothered about that fact.
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

Rocky

@ Ulrich, You asked, "What the heck have The Cure got to do with Hollywood anyway?" 
The Hollywood Walk of Fame comprises more than 2,400 five-pointed terrazzo and brass stars embedded in the sidewalks along 15 blocks of Hollywood Boulevard and three blocks of Vine Street in Hollywood, California. The stars are permanent public monuments to achievement in the entertainment industry, bearing the names of a mix of actors, musicians, directors, producers, musical and theatrical groups, fictional characters, and others. The Walk of Fame is administered by the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce and maintained by the self-financing Hollywood Historic Trust. It is a popular tourist destination, with a reported 10 million visitors in 2003. 
For more information, you can read here at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollywood_Walk_of_Fame
Hope this helps.