Is a good decision to omit "Killing an Arab" in the current tour?

Started by dsanchez, November 05, 2016, 18:32:34

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

During the LatAm tour 2013 this song was used to close every gig, but in the current world tour it has been totally avoided. What do you think about this?

Did The Cure made the right decision by omitting it from their setlist -probably- due the situation in the world or it should not matter and they should play it nevertheless?

In 2008 due the Muhammad cartoons the band played this song as "Killing another".
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Ulrich

Frankly, I don't care! It's never been a favorite of mine. It was good to hear it live (e.g. 1998), but I won't miss it tonight for sure!!  :-D
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

MeltingMan

Quote from: dsanchez on November 05, 2016, 18:32:34
Did The Cure made the right decision by omitting it from their setlist -probably- due the situation in the world or it should not matter and they should play it nevertheless?
Yes and no, David. The song has lost nothing from its relevance. On the other hand,
it's clear that if an unknown band published the single these days, the group would
have a serious problem-at least in countries with large Muslim populations. When you
read the first chapters of 'Cured' you may know what I mean, and (according to Lol) the
late seventies in the UK were even more tense than today. I was told of burning rows of houses in
the Midlands on some occasions. However, the violence is in decline, despite of worldwide
news, but the sensitivity of the international The Cure audience has grown.
En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)

dsanchez

So the band finally included this song in the London shows. Definitely a better closing than Why Can't I Be You! Just see the video below...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96raKbIHw3Y
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

ksphotos