best pop song

Started by Dillinger, December 22, 2006, 01:16:52

Previous topic - Next topic

whats your favourite pop track by the cure?

boys dont cry
lets go to bed
the walk
lovecats
inbetween days
just like heaven
why cant i be you?
friday im in love
mint car
just say yes

revolt

I just voted for 'Just Like Heaven'. But it could also have been 'The Lovecats' or 'Boys don´t cry'. Music-wise, 'In Between Days" kind of comes close, also, but I just never liked the lyrics that much...

japanesebaby

Quote from: Sussex on February 14, 2007, 03:09:43
Since Robert once said that Just Like Heaven is the best pop song in his perspective... I start to realize that it is so damn true...the arrangement,lyrics coupled with the distinctive video clip really make me wanna say that Just Like Heaven is the best pop song of The Cure or even the best for all time...

......just like heaven

didn't he also say the same about 'boys don't cry'?
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

coxoxi

this is veeeeeeeeeeeeeeery hard...
let's say Just like heaven! adore everything about this song!

Krakr

Definitely Boys don't cry for me. Classic! :smth023

mint car

I voted for The Walk. I liked this song, but when I heard this song on concert I was out. Audience becames crazy and since I love this song  :smth020 The Walk is fantastic pop song...
[i]...sleep sweet child the moon will change your mind...[/i]

Krakr

Can I add High (higher mix) on the list? ;)

cure_kitty

I picked Lovecats because it's cute & quite silly like a lot of pop songs are!  It's just a fun song to listen to.  But I have to say JLH & Inbetween Days are two of the best Cure Pop Hits ever.  Oh & Boy's Don't Cry too!   :smth020

But currently my new favorite poppy song is FreakShow!!! :smth023

Virpi

It is The Walk. Definitely.
...cry like the stone white clown and stand lost forever in a happy crowd...

revolt

Hey, i just noticed 'Close to me' is not in the poll! One of their very best singles and on the same brilliant pop level as JLH, TL...
Maybe it was forgotten because The Cure never seem to do a good live version of this one?

sues777

Just Like Heaven...the perfect pop song for me..

Quote from: cure_kitty on June 17, 2008, 20:19:57
But currently my new favorite poppy song is FreakShow!!! :smth023
Yeah!!   :smth023
The further we go, and older we grow, the more we know the less we show

music_feeds_my_soul12

hot hot hot should have been posted.

just like heaven is a good one and often gets stuck in my head, but i just had to go with Friday im in love!

i cant believe that lets go to bed didnt get more! its so catchy!

ghanisbuli

It was a tough call, but in the end, I had to go with Just Like Heaven.  It's kind of the perfect pop song.  Period.
I always lock the door when I creep by daylight. I can't do it at night, for I know John would suspect something at once.

rubcure

I voted for just like heaven; although the walk is one of my favourites pop songs.
[center][size=10pt][font=arial][color=black]"...and the way the rain comes down hard is how i feel inside..."[/color][/font][/size][/center]

in bed amongst the stones

I agree with Dillinger, Let's Go to Bed. I didn't realize this song was hated by Cure fans.
Pushing her white face into the mirror...

Szigi