Does any one mention The Cure any where besides home?

Started by Underneath the Stars, October 14, 2010, 00:59:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Underneath the Stars

title says it all. For me, I mention the Cure all the time. a friend of mine keeps mentioning The Badgers, who are old friends. She mentions The badgers and i say "THE CURE!" She says "Brandy Candy and Angle." and I say "Simon, Jason and Porl." And she has no idea what I'm talking about.  :P There is this boy who is like obsessed with gay people and he calls me gay. When i just had it, I was like, "yo, dude. Tell it to someone who cares." and he's all, "u dont care if youre gay?" which im not btw. And im all, "no, and i dont care if Monday's blue either."
how about you? whats your story? tell me everything.

Trust...

I have mention The Cure two times on our national radio station Studio Brussel here in Belgium ... does this count as besides home  :-D 
Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x

dsanchez

The Cure is part of my life, so I mention them everywhere, work, University, everywhere. All of my friends know me as a Cure fan, and if they didn't know the band, now they do. I had a flatmate from Senegal who didn't know about them (or maybe he knew some songs, but not the name of the band), I guess they're not too famous in Africa. Now he knows most of the pop songs. When I travel, I always use a Cure shirt (or a Curefans.com shirt). I'm proud to be a Curefan as I think they're the best band of the world.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Underneath the Stars

Quote from: Virpi on October 14, 2010, 14:48:56
All the people who know me know that I love The Cure.
And that it is most important in my life after my cat.
Some will say that goes too far when I say I could not imagine life if Robert should die before me. Nobody understands how important it is for me Cure music. It is my lifeline and all. Life is heavy, depressing, oppressive and meaningless, helps if you know that someone feels the same.

tell me about it. i talk about the cure all the time. and even sing the cure. Today, i saw a 2012 shirt and sang The End of The World. and every one is all "what the heck is she singing?"

Underneath the Stars

Quote from: dsanchez on October 14, 2010, 12:37:31
The Cure is part of my life, so I mention them everywhere, work, University, everywhere. All of my friends know me as a Cure fan, and if they didn't know the band, now they do. I had a flatmate from Senegal who didn't know about them (or maybe he knew some songs, but not the name of the band), I guess they're not too famous in Africa. Now he knows most of the pop songs. When I travel, I always use a Cure shirt (or a Curefans.com shirt). I'm proud to be a Curefan as I think they're the best band of the world.

BEST BAND EVER PERIOD. i love the cure.

Underneath the Stars

Quote from: Trust... on October 14, 2010, 10:26:30
I have mention The Cure two times on our national radio station Studio Brussel here in Belgium ... does this count as besides home  :-D
lol yeah.

skellington

I would love to talk about the Cure to everyone I meet, but I don't (mostly because I am shy) usually because I get that blank stare and it just depresses me that more people don't know about them, although I only just discovered them not even a year ago, so I can't blame them. They are such an awesome band that I think the whole world should know about them, even just one song would be enough. I wish I had more people who like the Cure so I can have somebody to sing songs with :-D
Its Just Like a Dream...:)

reenaissance

Yesterday I mentioned The Cure to my friends I said that I got bored of Facebook now when I go online I spend most of my time on Tumblr with my Cure fans fella.
You're just an object in my eyes.