2018.07.07 London, Hyde Park (England) "British Summer Time"

Started by Ulrich, December 12, 2017, 09:44:08

Previous topic - Next topic

MeltingMan

Quote from: Ulrich on January 17, 2018, 10:38:24
This little map might be helpful for those who go:

O yes, it is! The maps on Wiki made me a bit bewildered, but this one has all necessary details.  :smth023
En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)

Ulrich

Quote from: MeltingMan on January 17, 2018, 13:07:11
O yes, it is! The maps on Wiki made me a bit bewildered, but this one has all necessary details.  :smth023

Cool. I hope the stage/setting in Hyde Park will be the same as on this map (I suggest you do check before you travel). As far as I remember, it was pretty much like this in 2002, so I guess it will remain the same.
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

cheyler

Is the current stage in the same place (more or less) as it was in 1969?  King Crimson opened for the Rolling Stones on July 5th, the Cure show will be almost 49 years to the day.  Time goes way too fast.
Thanks everyone for all the information!

Ulrich

Quote from: cheyler on January 17, 2018, 16:54:02
Is the current stage in the same place (more or less) as it was in 1969?

I don't know. I will ask the Stones (if I ever get the chance).  ;)

Modenese

Cerco 1 BIGLIETTO meglio se di AMMISSIONE GENERALE (PARTERRE STANDARD) per il concerto dei THE CURE all'Hyde Park il 07 luglio 2018.
Abito a Modena, Italia.
Grazie

I am looking 1 TICKET better than GENERAL ADMISSION (PARTERRE STANDARD) for THE CURE concert at Hyde Park on July 7th 2018.
I live in Italy.
Thanks

bananafishbones88

Quote from: dsanchez on December 21, 2017, 12:27:47
Quote from: SusannaRS on December 21, 2017, 12:22:40
this could be the place (from CURED):
Lamb & Flag
https://www.greeneking-pubs.co.uk/pubs/greater-london/lamb-flag/

Looks good. They will need to give us a discount cause we will be a big group this time. Looking forward to this (too bad they only make one show though!)

Sorry for butting in, i'm a newbie here but i'd be so up for meeting with other fans before the show. Would be amazing. I'd suggest another pub though as the Lamb & Flag is so expensive, i work around the corner from it. We should go to a wetherspoons as at least it'd be cheaper and more room for us all to gather in and freak out the norms.

dsanchez

Quote from: bananafishbones88 on February 07, 2018, 17:23:29
I'd suggest another pub though as the Lamb & Flag is so expensive, i work around the corner from it. We should go to a wetherspoons as at least it'd be cheaper and more room for us all to gather in and freak out the norms.

Feel free to suggest. The meeting will take place the night before the event, I guess.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

bananafishbones88

Cheers.Well there's a pub called The Lord Moon of The Mall near Charing Cross tube station. It'll be cheaper there. Plus there'll be more room too.

Funkymango

As this post evolves and everyone decides where and when to meet, may I suggest cross-posting it on not only Twitter but also the Fans of the Cure Facebook group page? It'd be great to have one enormous group of fans at the same location rather than 2-3 different things going on, don't you think?

tanyasmith

It would be great if the local, London Cure fans could just name a place. I'm vegan, but wherever you all choose is fine with me. It's about meeting Cure fans over having good food.  :-D

Ulrich

Quote from: Funkymango on February 12, 2018, 01:36:42
As this post evolves and everyone decides where and when to meet, may I suggest cross-posting it on not only Twitter but also the Fans of the Cure Facebook ...

Nothing has been decided here yet. It is February, so plenty of time until July. As you can see above, dsanchez was/is open for suggestions.
Once it'll be decided, I'm certain he will cross-post it as much as he can!

MeltingMan

Quote from: bananafishbones88 on February 08, 2018, 15:04:54
Cheers.Well there's a pub called The Lord Moon of The Mall near Charing Cross tube station. It'll be cheaper there. Plus there'll be more room too.

I don't know. The food is only average and in the evening this location will be crowded.
Maybe we should vote about the suggestions until May/June unless the admin will come
earlier to a conclusion.
En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)

dsanchez

Hi all, for the meeting point let's throw some ideas and we will decide what's best for all. I think most Cure fans will be in London from the day before, so I think we definitely need to gather the 6th of July evening somewhere.

As for the festival itself, doors open 13:30 and I guess most people will go there from very early, so if we do a gathering on 07/07 it will have to in some meeting point in the festival area itself.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

A Strange Girl

...I think you come from another world...