busses

Started by japanesebaby, May 26, 2007, 14:28:14

Previous topic - Next topic

japanesebaby

the bus i drive to work with (the bus route number 69), it often looks like this these days:

considering my "love" for gothic metal, i guess it's pretty fitting i suppose.  :lol: :evil: :smth011
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Descent

I guess it feels like being an artist on tour or being part of some MTV show...:lol:

Here sometimes a subway station walls get customised in the same spirit for advertising a brand (perfume for exemple) or a big budget movie... but it never lasts more than 2 or 3 days.

Matti

Nice... I guess Sum 41, Blink 182, JJ72 and what have you will soon jump on that, perhaps also 12 Drummers Drumming or 10.000 Maniacs...
and we close our eyes to sleep
to dream a boy and girl
who dream the world is nothing but a dream

Janko

AH, CIVILISATION...

Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

japanesebaby

Quote from: Descent on May 27, 2007, 16:23:12
I guess it feels like being an artist on tour or being part of some MTV show...:lol:

yes i feel like a super star every day...  :rocker   ;)
it's quite common that some finnish artists have "painted busses" like this to advertise their recent releases. yet this one's the most thoroughly decorated one i've seen.

there's also a HIM taxi in helsinki. it's a completely black mercedes with a HIM logo with a HIM-styled pentagram painted on gold on both sides. i think it's been around for years already so it's probably "on a permanent lease" for advertising the band.
i've seen it many times but never got "lucky" enough to have a ride there... i try to avoid having to resort to taxis in general.

Quote from: Matti on May 27, 2007, 19:47:29
10.000 Maniacs...
...would that crave that the city should have something like 10 000 bus routes...
huh maybe in... beijing? ;-P
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Matti

Speaking of public transport (note: one of the most important l's in the English language) - the regional train that I have to take to uni has a five digit number that starts with 150(xx). But I'm afraid I digress...
and we close our eyes to sleep
to dream a boy and girl
who dream the world is nothing but a dream