New album out in may 2007

Started by Tof, December 06, 2006, 16:41:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Cure

when will this album b released @ last???????????????
[b]floating here like this with you
underneath the stars
alight for 13 billion years
the view is beautiful
and ours alone tonight
underneath the stars
[/b]

nausearockpig

I would suggest that the reason that it's taken so long to get this record out is that Robert and Co. are busying themselves with other The Cure releases such as the next batch of Remasters, the DVD boxed set and of course the new record.. I hope that they will release all of this stuff before heading out on tour - actually i crave the new record more than anything else. I would be very disappointed if when they play in my home town [soon yay!!!!] that they bash out some new tracks and that i won't know the songs and therefore wouldn't be able to fully appreciate them like i would had i heard them for a bit before hearing them live....

Steve

You'll just have to record the gig then Javi & learn the new songs before the LP comes out ;)
Of course, you could also share the recording so that we can also learn the new songs :D

I hope that the time they are taking, they are using to maximum effect. If it is on the next batch of re-masters, then great. Looking forward to a hi resolution release of Disintegration (DVDA or SACD, although I prefer the latter).
Until then, I guess I just need to be patient, but having said that, being a Sisters fan, I must have the patience of a saint :roll:
Cheers
Steve
I know tomorrow's going to taste like cake
http://www.balatonfured.hu/en_index.php

Janko

HA HA HA

I SUGGEST THAT WE START A TOPIC "NEW ALBUM OUT BY THE END OF THE YEAR. WE HOPE."

:-D
Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

Aarna

This is good! Sort of. Keeping fans constantly on needles and then just one day release the new album without announcement :-D
[img]http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/0694e17544.jpg[/img]
www.eternal-aphelion.deviantart.com

Janko

FROM CHAIN OF FLOWERS:

Update (06-30-07) - Album delayed again until late Oct. or Nov. Might be a "limited edition" double

:smth011

2008 IT WILL BE!

nausearockpig

if that's the case then that's really fked.
so most of us won't have a chance to listen to the new songs on record before hearing them live... that's poor form..

what exactly is the point of touring all around the world, coming to australia after 7 years and not having the fans know the new songs..

i sincerely hope that this is not going to be the case!!

[labyrinth]

well,
in 2004 they were in Italy before the album was released... (Imola and Naples)
and i recognized the songs only for their lyrics (and for their performance of Lost, Before Three and The Promise previously played) ...but that was interesting...
i really enjoyed the fact i didn't know some songs...that was fun  :smth001

the only thing i'm worried about is...why are they so "slow" at this time ? we'll see...
however if the album should be out in october or november, in september there will be a single out...and that will be something...at least...

Janko

WELL, IF THE ALBUM COMES THIS YEAR IT WILL STILL BE A YEAR TOO EARLY!

Cure

or maybe we should have 2 w8 till robert's next b-day
haha
underneath the stars
the view is beautiful
and ours alone tonight
underneath the stars
[/b]

Janko

OR, MAYBE THEY SHOULD SCRAP EVERYTHING AND GO BACK TO STUDIO MIRAVAL IN FRANCE IF IT'S STILL THERE...

japanesebaby

Quote from: Janko on July 03, 2007, 12:09:19
OR, MAYBE THEY SHOULD SCRAP EVERYTHING AND GO BACK TO STUDIO MIRAVAL IN FRANCE IF IT'S STILL THERE...

i'm afraid they might just get stuck drinking wine all the time (like they almost did last time) and then forget why they were there in the first place...
maybe they'd need a babysitter again, to get something done....?  ;)
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

rodney

Before this announcement it was scheduled for an early Oct release, so this is what, a three week delay?  Big deal.

Cure

Quote from: rodney on July 03, 2007, 14:21:10
Before this announcement it was scheduled for an early Oct release, so this is what, a three week delay?  Big deal.

the point is that it gets delayed all the time !!
underneath the stars
the view is beautiful
and ours alone tonight
underneath the stars
[/b]

Janko

SOUTH OF FRANCE IN SUMMER...
MAYBE A NEW "JUST LIKE HEAVEN" ...

:rocker