What's On Your Mind Atm??

Started by PearlThompsonsBloodflower, January 03, 2018, 22:52:40

Previous topic - Next topic

SueC

I vaguely remember Freddie Mercury explaining that the song title was because some young kids he knew who were still learning to speak kept saying, "Radio Gaga!"  However, that was a long time ago, and actual Queen fans might be able to give me a more accurate take!
SueC is time travelling

MeltingMan

FNC JACKETS AND SCARF WINTER HAUL

I think The Cure have a new fan. 😎

(Maybe we'll crack the 40,000 at The Best Box Ever). 😜

H*T M**M* STYLES 2020 HAUL

I like the music very much. Could be from Vince (Clarke).
Fantastic and beautiful to howl. The first video where, apart from being "inside", everything just fits. Especially the parts in pink, red and soft pink are ... out of this world. I'm totally powerless there, Fio. By the way: what Kamilia Zaho does also speaks to me. You may know her. But you get more beautiful every year and ... everyone can see it. 😚

PS: I must correct myself. The video from 2017 is also very good, maybe even more striking (different hair color, darker lipstick and shoes - my favorite topic). 😶
En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)

Ulrich

Rather dark & uninviting (Schloss Bad Grönenbach):
You cannot view this attachment.
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

SueC

Ooooh, spooooooky!  :cool

That's so haunted house!  The slightly off perspective really works, as does the framing and the colouring, and the ultra-pale sun, and those leafless trees...

Brett recited this rhyme off the top of his head because he says it goes with the photo:

There was a crooked man, and he went a crooked mile,
He found a crooked sixpence against a crooked stile;
He bought a crooked cat, which caught a crooked mouse,
And they all liv'd together in a little crooked house.

(James Halliwell, 1842)

It's great when the weather plays along.  It did that for us here, which made the photo more atmospheric - although it's not as grand as yours!  A holiday snap at Port Arthur, Tasmania.

SueC is time travelling

SueC

Just a cute donkey photo from last week:

I was thinking these two could audition to be in The Cure.  Mary Lou has the hair and Ben would be a fabulous backing singer - wouldn't need any amplification and is capable of a range of earth-shaking sounds! ;)
SueC is time travelling

MeltingMan

TR*ND* TR*SS*S WIG REVIEW AND INSTALL

4:05 👌🏻 

Quote from: Carol RifeljThe more complicated styles required the services of a servant or a hairdresser, accessible to wealthier women.

Thanks, Fio. 😍
En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)

SueC

OK, thinking going on here in relation to this thread / posts thereabouts:

http://curefans.com/index.php?topic=3458.msg772000#msg772000

Living in an upside-down universe...

The Centre Of The Shallow Purple Desert
Photosynthesise
Hate Dogs
Europa Ascent
Freeze Cat Freeze
Harriet And Josephine (Stop, Stop, Stop)
Monday I'm A Misanthrope
The Bottom
Chocolate Bus
Charles Always
Sculptures Of Me
Pull
Right Letter
Always Too Much
Less Than That
Together
Drop
All Dogs Are Technicolour
If Only Today We Could Stay Awake
Why Can You Be Me
Slightly Interesting Footpath

SueC is time travelling

piggymirror

Sue, are Aussie spiders as horrendous as people say?

SueC

No.  Let me find you a link.

Here goes:  https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-01-18/how-your-worst-fears-stack-up-against-reality/9277098

There have been no confirmed deaths from spider bites in Australia since 1979, while falling out of bed (a sub-category of falling deaths shown in the chart) killed 523 people between 2007 and 2016.

So it's Australian beds that you need to be afraid of, not Australian spiders. :angel
SueC is time travelling

piggymirror

Two or three days ago I woke up at 13:40... this is just silly.

piggymirror

My instinct tells me to take an evening walk...
Should I go to the beach, or more to the docks?
The straight way, or the long way?

piggymirror

So I went to the beach. Then back home. Walking back home, I bought a pizza. Tasty.

Ulrich

Took a long walk yesterday too.

This was the "scenery":
You cannot view this attachment.

piggymirror

Today...

Two cats.
A new fountain.
A drone.
A voice inside my head waking me up, and realising it was the voice of someone who had phoned me up while I was asleep.
The ever-present buzz inside my head, which never seems to go away.
I keep forgetting it all. I'm hopeless.
An ever-growing feelingrealization of being absolutely, unashamedly, finally... beyond repair.

And now... the fvcking ear-splitting Carnival parade. Urgh.

But then again, I'm a Cure fan. Huh-huh-huh... MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAAAAAAAAAA...h.  :disappointed:

Ulrich

I don't think anything is "beyond repair". Keep on believing (in yourself, if nothing else).

Never give up! There's always hope (even though sometimes it's hidden beneath the floor boards).

We're Cure fans. It has become quite a "community" here (and elsewhere, on the net and in real life)!
Gotta say most fans I met were nice and I don't regret meeting any of 'em. :happy