dsanchez

Quote from: scatcat on March 18, 2008, 21:41:40
go ahead everyone, it only takes a minute!!   :smth023

thanks Lara...and welcome back home :smth023
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

japanesebaby

looks like you had a good trip  :D
(and better weather than those of us staying in the northern france ;))

also, i'm surprised to see you must have regained your faith in online petitions since these days:

http://curefans.com/index.php/topic,2027.msg12546.html#msg12546

So don't take it bad, but I do think petitions are waste of time in these matters (music business).

;)
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

dsanchez

Quote from: japanesebaby on March 19, 2008, 11:47:35
also, i'm surprised to see you must have regained your faith in online petitions since these days:

That's truth, I have never been a fan of petitions. But a place like Orange can change your mind very fast 8)
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

lostflower4

Call me old-fashioned, but I'm not really sure they should go back to Orange. I think it was a great moment in history and should be left alone.

There's all kinds of other similar amphitheaters they could play at (like Taormina, etc.)

dsanchez

Quote from: lostflower4 on March 19, 2008, 12:00:59
There's all kinds of other similar amphitheaters they could play at (like Taormina, etc.)

Yes, there are all kinds, but the one from Orange is the best preserved amphitheater from the whole europe. I have nothing left but faith in this case. And the acoustic from that place is just awesome. I don't know, as I wrote before, when you're in that place, you just can dream of that.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

lostflower4

Quote from: dsanchez on March 19, 2008, 12:19:13

Yes, there are all kinds, but the one from Orange is the best preserved amphitheater from the whole europe. I have nothing left but faith in this case. And the acoustic from that place is just awesome. I don't know, as I wrote before, when you're in that place, you just can dream of that.

I suppose so. But maybe it should just be a concert that isn't filmed and made for an official release. Because I think it can be silly for a band to recapture a moment like that, one that happened so long ago.

Because quite simply, I just don't think The Cure is as good as they were 22 years ago (I'm not saying they're bad).

Huh, I never thought I'd be saying that I hope a concert isn't profesionally recorded. I guess I have mixed feelings about it...

japanesebaby

Call me old-fashioned, but I'm not really sure they should go back to Orange. I think it was a great moment in history and should be left alone.

i can understand very well that visiting a place like orange can make one wish it could all happen again. i can see this.

but i still do agree with caley:
i think bands like the cure must be very careful for not starting to do stuff that would be deliberately and blatantly nostalgic. and something like "orange part2" would be completely impossible to interpret as not being nostalgic, whatever they tried there.
bands like the cure must be very careful because could so easily slip into that nostalgy phase... and soon they might find themselves being just a parody of themselves, even if they never intended that.
so i think it's very important for them to look forward and find something new today, not to go back.
and i don't think one needs to be old-fashioned to think like this - i think quite on the contrary, maybe.

by the way this is exactly the same reason why i do think the "no keyboards" phase they are doing now is merely a good thing: people think i say so because i never liked roger and because i somehow enjoy all the songs more without keyboards - but that's not true. i actually do miss keyboards on certain songs just like many others do, BUT i still feel it's a lot more fruitful for them to try something new than just keep doing everything in the old style. because that proves that they are still alive, still motivated, still have something left to say and not just repeat themselves - and THAT is the most important thing for me. :smth023

dsanchez

Quote from: lostflower4 on March 19, 2008, 12:23:27
I suppose so. But maybe it should just be a concert that isn't filmed

Ups. I didn't mean they would film another "The Cure in Orange". I just would love them to see playing in such an amazing place and I would die for be at that show. I completely agree with you that there will be just one "The Cure in Orange" (the one from 1986) and that would be senseless to make another film there (I don't think Robert would do it either). Just the satisfaction to see them playing at THAT place, that's what I would love.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

japanesebaby

ps. sorry if i don't sign - it's not that i don't hope you could re-live that moment, not at all. but i just don't think they should start re-doing things, especially things like that. i think the power of orange is in the fact that it was a one-off thing. to try it again would be a suicide... especially today, like caley pointed out. if they did it, i think we could not avoid comparing the two performances in a way that wouldn't do any real justice to either performance.

ps2. instead of orange, they could come and play here in finland for a change ;) - because hey they play in france all the time anyway! ;-P or they could play more countries they never did before, like they just did in the far east - i think that was cool. there are just so many things they haven't done yet!

dsanchez

Quote from: japanesebaby on March 19, 2008, 12:30:22
ps. sorry if i don't sign - but i just don't think they should start re-doing things. i think the power of orange is in the fact that it was a one-off thing. to try it again would be a suicide... especially today, like caley pointed out. if they did it, i think we could not avoid comparing the two performances in a way that wouldn't do any real justice to either performance.

I know what you mean. There are many pespectives to see this. Mine is enterely from the point of view of the venue. See, I have been loving this place for years and I since I can't build a time-machine :) I just would love to see them playing there for the next tour. But, we will see. I don't think they will, but anyway... :)
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

Quote from: japanesebaby on March 19, 2008, 12:30:22there are just so many things they haven't done yet!

Like coming to Peru or any other southamerican country :?

Hope Robert did hear me when I screamed "Please come to southamerica" in the Bercy show.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

japanesebaby

Quote from: dsanchez on March 19, 2008, 12:34:18
Quote from: japanesebaby on March 19, 2008, 12:30:22there are just so many things they haven't done yet!

Like coming to Peru or any other southamerican country :?

why not!

Quote from: dsanchez on March 19, 2008, 12:34:18
Hope Robert did hear me when I screamed "Please come to southamerica" in the Bercy show.

i guess it depends on what part of the show you were screaming: if you did during play for today or the first minutes of plainsong, i think the chances he heard you might indeed be indeed quite poor...  8)
in any case, you must have had a MIGHTY LOUD VOICE to catch his attention there hehe  ;)

frog_s

Woops I discovered this topic a bit late I guess haha.

But it's true that this place is magical, it's so big yet so small, really a place with good atmosphere and great acoustic. I'd just love to see The Cure play there again caus now people like me (who were too young or not even born yet at the time of the Orange show) also can have a turn. And maybe a good chance to see how the 'new' Curesongs sound in the theatre!

But I'm not sure wether they'd be up for it to be honest. I would like it as well if they'd finally visited some places around the world where they don't go too often, or never been like Russia and South America. I'm sure that fans that live there would go nuts if they WOULD do another Orange show but keep on refusing going to these new places.

we'll see, we'll see

r1ghteousone

This is a terrific show - lotsa definitive versions of great songs. Charlotte Sometimes & A Forest in particular...

becomingwater

Oh I wish they would release this in Blu-ray!!!!  It would be a must buy for any Cure fan. :)