2011.05.31 Sydney - Sydney Opera House (Australia)

Started by dsanchez, May 03, 2011, 21:11:09

Previous topic - Next topic

danny999911

Yep, I'd was thinking that about Lol too... he has his own band so wouldn't rejoin for long. Surely it's just going to be a short tour of their first three albums? I'd love it if Roger was back for good though.

boneheadhaggar

its getting exciting, cant wait to hear some solid news
its nice to be nice

Trust...

So excited news :) Looking forward to the confirmations.
If this is going to be true, this is so great for the Australian people ... That should mean a very special Cure Gig in only 3 weeks time ??? Much better than the 10 months waiting for Bestival :-D
Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x

~*CherryRed*~

OMG if it is 3 weeks.. how will I get there, I'd have to plead for time of work and arrange the household to function without me for whenever it is??? (lol.. it falls apart without me here don't you no  :roll: )
Thats wot makes me think it's not goin ahead... its soooo kinda sudden? mmmmm anyways, we shall see!

"prone to flights of whimsy"

Lady

The anxiety is going up eheheh!!!! :) :smth049 :smth048
[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

billee

The other one feeds on my hesitation
Grows inside of my trepidaton
Buries his claws in my dislocation
I whisper your name to lose control

dsanchez

The Sydney Morning Herald published this today:

"As part of the third Vivid Live Festival, beginning May 27 and curated this year by Sydney entrepreneur, tour promoter and label head Stephen Pavlovic, the Cure in almost their original line-up will play their first three albums in sequence and in full"

Full article: http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/music/gloom-to-be-the-perfect-cure-at-vivid-festival-20110505-1eacf.html
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

boneheadhaggar

does this mean Porl has left?????? and no mention of Roger?????
its nice to be nice

dsanchez

There was a rumour that Robert and Porl had a strong discussion after Coachella resulting in Porl leaving the band. I think the article of the news papper means the band is going to play with the three imaginary boys (Bob, Simon and Lol) plus Roger and Jason ("almost" their original line-up). It would be great to see Boris, though. THAT would be a huge surprise.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

LOL, I forgot to read this part:

"In two nights labelled Reflections, on May 31 and June 1, the band's mainstay, songwriter and owner of the worst applied make-up in rock, Robert Smith, will be joined by Simon Gallup on bass and Jason Cooper on drums for the performance of the 1979 album Three Imaginary Boys The original drummer, Lol Tolhurst - now playing keyboards and percussion - will join in for the albums Seventeen Seconds and Faith"

:shock:

Still, I think Roger will join the band. Let's wait...
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Trust...

I don't like the idea that Porl could be gone ....
It's great about the former members, but it's give me some strange thoughts ...

I would love to hear this set-up ...
Still no confirmation ...

Could this for Real?
Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x

Ulrich

Wow wow wow, lots of strange news and rumours...  :shock:  :shock:
Porl out of the band? Roger back in? Lol for a few shows?
We'll have to wait for official news.  8)
But keep in mind, Roger is going to play "WaveGothikTreffen" (huge Goth festival) in Leipzig, hence the black clothes (and he claims the tambourine was for his brother).
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

dsanchez

Official confirmation

http://www.facebook.com/notes/the-cure/the-cure-reflections-live-at-sydney-opera-house/10150177693357700

:smth026

TheCure "Reflections"

Three Imaginary Boys (1979)
The Cure Trio: Robert Smith (voice & guitar), Simon Gallup (bass), Jason Cooper (drums)

Seventeen Seconds (1980)
The Cure Quartet: Robert Smith (voice & guitar), Simon Gallup(bass), Jason Cooper (drums), Roger O'Donnell (keys)

Faith (1981)

The Cure Quintent: Robert Smith (voice & guitar), Simon Gallup(bass), Jason Cooper (drums), Roger O'Donnell (keys & percussion), LaurenceTolhurst (keys & percussion)
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

The Loudest Cure

:)

This show will be incredible...the Australians are very lucky.... :D

I'm really glad that Lol join the band again!!!! :smth023

The official website has been updated ... ;)

http://www.thecure.com/blog/default.aspx?nid=35390
The further we go And older we grow The more we know The less we show.

billee

The other one feeds on my hesitation
Grows inside of my trepidaton
Buries his claws in my dislocation
I whisper your name to lose control